Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge Night Turnout (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Grudge Night Turnout
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Euro749:
quote:
chevys that were just loud nothing impressive.

Hmm.. I wasn't there, but I did hear the STOCK BOTTOM END LS1 with H/C plus NOS running 10.8.. Now what do you run in that big Cobra/Jeep slug?

Try acting like everyone else here and give the fast cars credit.

-darko

sorry didn't see any 10.8 camaros
My best time is 15.55 at 90mph with 6 1/2 inch lift over stock and 35x12.5x15 inch tires thats before i've added the cam. Pretty damn good for a box on wheels that is 3 or 4 feet from the ground and turning huges tires. I once popped a wheelie with my old 31s and that was when the engine was completely stock. I haven't run in a while cause my tranny and rearend are on their death bed all they can handle is rockcrawlin
Cobra-Jeep

[ August 05, 2002, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Cobra-Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

98ponygal
Board Blondie
Member # 1393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98ponygal  Ford pictures for 98ponygal  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for sayin hi cobra jeep

--------------------
~* Ashleigh *~
http://community.webshots.com/album/68102500CVFrNy

Posts: 596 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, Shaun.
Congrats on your new best, as well!
It was cool racing a car that was close in ET. Made for some aggressive shifting! Best way to improve your driving- thanks for the great runs. Let me know when you want to let your 24lb'ers go. Just send me an email.
65mustanggt@msn.com

Once you are boosted better go get that roll cage...

JL
[Big Grin]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice run Jim! [worship]

I'm glad I didn't skip out on my last pass. It was a 12.603 with a 1.686 60ft!!! If I could only 60ft like that every time! [Wink]

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! 1.68!
[worship] [worship] [worship]

I'm not worthy...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Threesixes-- What mods do you have? Any Mustang made in the past 15+ years can run low 14's with the basic bolt-ons.

FasterDamnit- Congradulations. When is a cam going in?

TIMSPEED87- congradulations on your first 13 second timeslip. What was your exact (complete) timeslip? Looks like we run neck and neck now. What mods do you have on that vette?

Milesblown03- mid 12's and 110 mph is a great place to start. When Byron gets a switch chip for your car, a bit of race-gas along with the "basic" mods should put you well into the 11's. I'll have a video clip of your car up soon. Already put up some pictures if you haven't looked yet.

F8LPONY- Where you car #804? I got a good shot of one of your last passes, but it was an aborted run. I believe I have your 11 second pass on tape as well, but it didn't come out good.

GR8WHITE- Congardulations on the 10 second pass. Does that make you the fastest LS1 around now? I got that pass on tape and will put it online shortly.

Tyrant89- Were you the guy running spare tires as skinnies? What is your combo?

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sawson,

I was indeed #804

The last pass was dead before it started [Frown] My computer started really wiggin out.

If you don't mind could you send me both videos or at least upload them long ernough for me to get them? [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
TIMSPEED87
¯
Member # 1537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIMSPEED87  Ford pictures for TIMSPEED87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ST5150,
That's not my first 13 second timeslip. Prior to the Exhaust/Converter I was running 13.8-13.9 all day. Then just to get a 13.75 was pretty crappy. I'm gonna look into things this week. I think those full slicks were actually HURTING me. Maybe I wasn't shifting high enough..I dunno...have to go back to the track..I know low 13's are there.

Posts: 67 | From: Modesto, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98ponygal:

sorry i didn't know the people you were with and i noticed you didn't have the color shirt you told me you'd have one so i figured you didn't wanna talk. I am surprised i even noticed you i was looking for a black shirt

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93lx306nos
¯
Member # 1001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93lx306nos  Ford pictures for 93lx306nos  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gr8white ,do you street race?when i put my heads and cam in i would like to go motor to motor and bottle to bottle.no shit talkin just a fun race.just want to race a car that has proven times.later,nate

--------------------
342 10.4 -1 ,afr 185s,hitechmotorsports cam 573/533 236/230@.050,ported rpm from hightech motorsports.best time so far on old combo is 12.20@111mph
with 1.69 60 ft on et streets.320 rwhp/322 ft lbs torque. times for new combo coming soon.

i do side job installs.p.m. me with what you need.i have a couple cars that i have built that you can look at.

www.unlimited-racing.com

Threesixes
¯
Member # 1408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesixes  Ford pictures for Threesixes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Threesixes-- What mods do you have? Any Mustang made in the past 15+ years can run low 14's with the basic bolt-ons.

My car is a 96 GT convertible. It ran a pathetic 15.8 stock(w/flows welded in). I added 4.10's,Nitto dr's,K&N and zex 100 shot to get the 14.01 @ 99mph.(2.11 60 ft) Sound right? I mean I've heard that verts run 1/2 sec slower than a hardtop anyway? If the numbers seem way out of wack, then maybe I better dump this car. The thing is, I really like the way it looks. Next I was thinking I'd get an off road h or X, and eventually some ported svo heads. (Suggestions welcome)Anyways, I know 96 verts are dogs, but if mine is worse than normal than maybe I should just trade it in.
Posts: 63 | From: Concord, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
GR8WHITE
¯
Member # 403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GR8WHITE  Ford pictures for GR8WHITE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sawson, Thanks for the props and the video when you get it up.

Nate, I don't street race, well couple time's randomely [Smile] , but I would line up with you at the track no problem, win or loose, as long as it's a good race. Get your new setup dialed in and if your killing a 10.8 then I may not be much of a threat to you [Wink] .

Dan

Tyrant89
¯
Member # 1033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyrant89  Ford pictures for Tyrant89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea, that was me with the "ghetto skinnies", those things are actually pretty nice: they are aluminum, & have new VW tires on them. They weigh just 23lbs with rubber(1/2 the weight of my Tourque Thrust II's). I will be getting rid of them soon, once I'm blown I'd rather not run low 12's(hopefully) on those!!!!
My combo's pretty simple,TFS, mild cam, Cobra intake, Lentech AOD w/4.10's & BFG Drags.

Today I noticed there was WAY more rubber "stains" behind my passenger tire than the driver's side wheel. I know this is the power side, but still, there was hardly any rubber marks on the left. I hope my diff is'nt going bad...

I,m dying to go to the track again this month, hopefully I'll get to meet some more peeps from the board.

Take care,
Shaun

Posts: 260 | From: Salinas, holmes! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just noticed the burnt rubber thing too! [Confused]
i thought it was cause one of my d/r's is older and more sticky than the other?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra-Jeep:
quote:
Originally posted by 98ponygal:

sorry i didn't know the people you were with and i noticed you didn't have the color shirt you told me you'd have one so i figured you didn't wanna talk. I am surprised i even noticed you i was looking for a black shirt
Dude- She was with me and Justin (Mystc Z). Bro, you should have said what's up.....TOTALLY unacceptable! Just playin, but seriously, you should have said hello.......

Ho

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TIMSPEED87:
ST5150,
That's not my first 13 second timeslip. Prior to the Exhaust/Converter I was running 13.8-13.9 all day. Then just to get a 13.75 was pretty crappy. I'm gonna look into things this week. I think those full slicks were actually HURTING me. Maybe I wasn't shifting high enough..I dunno...have to go back to the track..I know low 13's are there.

Not bad at all, you beat my best ET by 0.02 seconds! What was your 1/8th mile ET and MPH? What about your trap speed? If you think the slicks were hurting you, pump more air into them, try 20-22 psi.

Threesixes- What do you run on the motor?

Tyrant89- Where did you find TWO aluminum spares? I looked high and low and couldn't find any. Ford charges more for one of those aluminum spares than they charge for a Cobra R rim! [Eek!]

Tyrant89
¯
Member # 1033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyrant89  Ford pictures for Tyrant89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found them at this hokey little used tire & rim place here in Salinas. Just go through all the junky tire stores with a magnet. They may have more, & I can check one day when I have sum free time.
I paid $35 for 2 spares, the tires however were expensive. like $45 A PIECE. It's sum Euro tire for VW buses. The only thing that would fit!!

Posts: 260 | From: Salinas, holmes! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
TIMSPEED87
¯
Member # 1537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIMSPEED87  Ford pictures for TIMSPEED87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ST5150,
I originally had 21psi in them...but I didn't heat them up enough with that psi, so we dropped it down lower..I got them to hook..but my mph came WAY down. (3mph actually) So..I just need more practice at heating up the tires. (Everytime I did it, it sounded like the rear was braking, so I backed out of it. I only actually got one GOOD burnout..in which I did a 1.84 60') I know there's more in it..just gotta practice.

Posts: 67 | From: Modesto, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Threesixes
¯
Member # 1408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesixes  Ford pictures for Threesixes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Threesixes- What do you run on the motor?
15.5 @ 88.6 mph w/2.28 60 ft
only mods being nittos,4.10's,k&n

Posts: 63 | From: Concord, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am a retard here, but should i burn my street tires out? i heard that you are not suppose to burn out with street tires...is this true? or should i just smoke them and hope for low 60ft [Confused] ?

--------------------
=(

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jmir018 - Just a quick spin to clean them off should be sufficient [patriot]

[Cool]

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

[Cool]

Yeah, no need to melt off your tires, it ain't gong do any good for you....Just spin em up real quick, for a half a second or so just to get all of the shit off od them and give yourself a nice new surface.

Ho

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:

[Cool]

Yeah, no need to melt off your tires, it ain't gong do any good for you....Just spin em up real quick, for a half a second or so just to get all of the shit off od them and give yourself a nice new surface.

Ho

Thats what i do and it works good for me.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:

[Cool]

Ho

Thats what i do and it works good for me.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com