Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Anyone go to Grudge April 26th? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone go to Grudge April 26th?
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Hey Shaun I meant to talk to you a bit but my buddy called me over to help him with his car because he had boosting problems. So when you seen me I was on my way back to the pits to lend that foo a hand.

Yeah, yeah.... I figured I scared you away or something cause I'm so much bigger than you. [Smile]

I had 3 shitty runs.
1.7-1.8 60fts.....the worst I've ever had on slicks with this car.
The track/tire combo just wouldn't hold.....not even 1/2 throttle launches. Kinda hard to hook a 3700lb car with 26x10" slicks when there's no VHT on the track.
One 10.3 & 2 10.4's all at 137mph. 1/8th & 1/4 were down 2mph from last time out.....but so was pretty much everybody I talked to.

Yeah I get out there with my wife and Im like "Hey watch this guy, he runs 9s and you wouldnt expect it from the look and sound of his car would you?"...........then you run a 10.46 I think....anyway she was like "9s huh?"

fuck...

Nope, haven't run a 9 *yet*.
I figure a 1.50 60ft will get me there, but I'm unwilling to do a drag race suspension....the car drives SOOO good with the TH400 & 2.73's.

Matt, I didn't know you were out there either till I saw Scott post up your times. Would have been fun to have a race. Maybe next time. [Smile]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
And Shaun from ADD is also HUGE. The real reason why I ran away was because you had your arm outside the window and I saw how huge it was. Scared the shit outta me I don't want to be in a head lock from him!!!! Dude is massive!!!

Yeah.....I have that affect. Don't worry man, I'm actually a pretty nice guy. I won't hit you....unless you pissed me off, look at my woman crooked, or kick my dog.... Or I just feel like wailing on someone. So, like 70% of the time I'm approachable.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hey Shaun I meant to talk to you a bit but my buddy called me over to help him with his car because he had boosting problems. So when you seen me I was on my way back to the pits to lend that foo a hand.

Yeah, yeah.... I figured I scared you away or something cause I'm so much bigger than you. [Smile]

I had 3 shitty runs.
The track/tire combo just wouldn't hold.....not even 1/2 throttle launches. Kinda hard to hook a 3700lb car with 26x10" slicks when there's no VHT on the track.
One 10.3 & 2 10.4's all at 137mph. 1/8th & 1/4 were down 2mph from last time out.....but so was pretty much everybody I talked to.

Yeah I get out there with my wife and Im like "Hey watch this guy, he runs 9s and you wouldnt expect it from the look and sound of his car would you?"...........then you run a 10.46 I think....anyway she was like "9s huh?"

fuck...

I figure a 1.50 60ft will get me there, but I'm unwilling to do a drag race suspension....the car drives SOOO good with the TH400 & 2.73's.

Matt, I didn't know you were out there either till I saw Scott post up your times. Would have been fun to have a race. Maybe next time. [Smile]

Guess I am a jackass then. I thought your car went 9.8-9.9 at 140 or some shit...

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I had 3 shitty runs.

fuck...

Guess I am a jackass then. I thought your car went 9.8-9.9 at 140 or some shit...
One of our customer cars is a TT 03 Cobra & ran 9.8 @139mph first time to the track. It's a full drag setup.

Last time to the track I ran 10.25 @140mph (which is my best MPH). I just don't have the tire & suspenssion to get a full throttle pass right out of the gate.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I had 3 shitty runs.

fuck...

One of our customer cars is a TT 03 Cobra & ran 9.8 @139mph first time to the track. It's a full drag setup.

Last time to the track I ran 10.25 @140mph (which is my best MPH). I just don't have the tire & suspenssion to get a full throttle pass right out of the gate.

I give a fuck. 140mph car is a 9 second car in my book so hats off to you.

Ill get off the cars nuts now but that thing looks and sounds like a 12 second street car, if I didnt know better.

Good build.

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like everyone had a good time, but i wasnt ready to go out there.....i'll be seeing shaun from "ADD" soon Lmao! [Razz] and then i should be good to go for next time around grudge night.

quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
quote:

but my buddy called me over to help him with his car because he had boosting problems.

I seen a red supra there with PWR4ALL on the license plates. Was that your friend?
might not be cummins' friend but i do know him.....what he run? i didnt even know he went out there.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
psssst read the whole thread. I said this earlier when SteakMatt asked me if I knew him (the part where you quoted him).

"I also seen that red supra it has chrome stock wheels and a blond white guy driving it. It was a stock twin turbo 6 speed car and the best I saw it run was a high 13."

You should have came out to watch it was fun. Good weather too and lots of hot redneck chicks.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I had 3 shitty runs.

fuck...

Ill get off the cars nuts now but that thing looks and sounds like a 12 second street car, if I didnt know better.

Good build.

It has the suspension of a 12 second street car! That must have been what you were noticing. [Wink]

lol

[ April 30, 2008, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I had 3 shitty runs.

fuck...

Good build.

It has the suspension of a 12 second street car! That must have been what you were noticing. [Wink]

lol

lol

I didnt crawl under...lol.

Put some suspension under that thing and hold on.

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Thanks for the complements. [patriot]

My goal was the looks of a 13 second street car... but the slicks & skinnies drop a second off the 'looks' I guess. LOL

In true street trim with stock wheels & DR's she's run 10.4... Come to think of it, with the exact same shitty 60fts & 137MPH. Hmm....I guess I've got a set of slicks & skinnies for sale! LOL

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heck since you just use those guns to beat people instead of shifting you might as well stick with the radials. I heard with a Auto they are the way to go anyhow...

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i look like a 11sec car and run 14's lmao! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
heck since you just use those guns to beat people instead of shifting you might as well stick with the radials. I heard with a Auto they are the way to go anyhow...

Yeah....my guns are pretty impressive. [Big Grin]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would like to know what type of work outs you do to get your guns so huge. I'm trying to get bigger but nothings really happening. I benched 165 for 2 reps then tried 170 and got buried again. Damn 170 is a hurdle I just can't overcome.

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
I would like to know what type of work outs you do to get your guns so huge. I'm trying to get bigger but nothings really happening. I benched 165 for 2 reps then tried 170 and got buried again. Damn 170 is a hurdle I just can't overcome.

Well....there's your problem. It ain't about the benchpress. It's all pull-ups buddy. Although my routine mainly consists of switching hands while surfing internet porn. I mean, the last thing I want is one gun, one pee-shooter, & a dick that points to the left.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Well....there's your problem. It ain't about the benchpress. It's all pull-ups buddy. Although my routine mainly consists of switching hands while surfing internet porn. I mean, the last thing I want is one gun, one pee-shooter, & a dick that points to the left.
LMFAO!!

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

1994steeda
¯
Member # 6127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1994steeda  Ford pictures for 1994steeda  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BLKz28Kreepn"frank"

ur gay, u n ur 1000rwhp Honda too! go look for "northern California Chevys" or something..... [Razz]

1994steeda [patriot]

--------------------
I don't buy STOLEN mustang parts...

00 C5 Corvette
94 Gt stolen
94 Gt Stolen
95 GT sold
95 Gt Sold
97 Cobra sold
98 Gt sold
01 Bullitt sold

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by Jawsgear:
Anyone see that Blue Supra run? I heard he did like 11.2 on low boost. Damn that was quick.

Jeff

There was only 1 supra out there and it was red. The rest were cheap imitations consisting of mostly celicas that wanna be supras.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com