Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TNT on Dec 2nd? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TNT on Dec 2nd?
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Season'd88 and Mark - Appreciate the kind words and Mark sorry to hear you couldn't make it up again it was a great day for racing!

Jose - lmk when you want a ride [Wink] Also i already told my buddy about your clutch needs [Cool]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Season'd88 and Mark - Appreciate the kind words and Mark sorry to hear you couldn't make it up again it was a great day for racing!

Jose - lmk when you want a ride [Wink] Also i already told my buddy about your clutch needs [Cool]

I plan on being there next saturday. You planning on going?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

I plan on being there next saturday. You planning on going?
Not too sure yet....gotta figure out why the clutch can't hold the hp on the big end [Confused]

I'm thinking i may need a firewall adjuster and will also try a new quadrant (Fiore).

I did some calcs and based on the 1/8 mi mph on the 10.7 pass i should have picked up much more mph out the back to trap more along the lines of 133-136 [Frown] but that pass was semi hot-lapped as the pass right before i missed 3rd and got right back in line.

By the way i've been checking the weather as i'm heading up to Tahoe on the 12th and it's gunna shower i think this coming weekend.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] nice runs you got what you wanted a 10 sec driver. Nice mph you have a bunch left in it for ET.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURBOGT  Ford pictures for TURBOGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great day for drag racing. I ran a best of 11.69 at 120mph on my second pass. I ran over a second quicker and 8mph more than my last time out 3 months ago. Stats on my car:

'93 red GT black interior
Art Carr AOD 9" non-lockup converter full manual valve body transbrake
stock driveshaft 3.55 gears
bone stock 164k throttle body to oil pan 302
homemade turbo kit
15psi T-67 / .96 exhaust housing
race weight with driver 3600lbs

I raced a couple of Z06's that day and beat them by at least 4 cars, that felt good [Big Grin] I'm going to up the boost to 20psi and see what happens. I already have a new motor getting built so why not [Razz]

--------------------
when u want some, u know where to get some... http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=41851.0

Posts: 361 | From: Bay Area, Ca | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURBOGT  Ford pictures for TURBOGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ December 04, 2006, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: TURBOGT ]

--------------------
when u want some, u know where to get some... http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=41851.0

speeddhb
¯
Member # 6593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for speeddhb  Ford pictures for speeddhb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! That was a lot of fun! I will never go out there on a Wednesday again. I could have hot lapped the car if I wanted to on TNT. Money well spent. There was a lot of fast 03/04 cobras. I don't think I saw one that was running slower than high 11's. Just in case anybody wants to know I got the stock SD 87 to run a 13.26 @ 103 with a crappy 1.91 60' , and the only reason I got 103 out of it is because of the 60 deg weather and letting it cool down for about 40 minutes before making a run. If anybody wants to chime in on how to get better 60's let me know! I ditched the front sway bar, put 4cyl springs on it, solid lowers, double adj uppers, and pinion set @ -3. Thanks a lot Kevin for your help!

--------------------
IT's fast, I have the 17sec time slip to prove it!

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by TURBOGT:
Great day for drag racing. I ran a best of 11.69 at 120mph on my second pass. I ran over a second quicker and 8mph more than my last time out 3 months ago. Stats on my car:

homemade turbo kit

I raced a couple of Z06's that day and beat them by at least 4 cars, that felt good [Big Grin] I'm going to up the boost to 20psi and see what happens. I already have a new motor getting built so why not [Razz]

Hey man cobgrats on the #'s [Whoo Whooooo!]

Those were my buddy's in the Z06's you were beating up on lol. It's ok cuz they weren't running very well....most need a need clutch.

Anyway your car sounds nice with the turbo and i'm sure i got 1 of your 11 sec runs on vid.

The white vert and torch red 03/04 Cobra's were my buddies as well. They had really good days running mid 11's w/ only upper pulleies and no ports [Eek!]

Cool to see a nice group of fast Mustangs at the track [patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
quote:

homemade turbo kit

Those were my buddy's in the Z06's you were beating up on lol. It's ok cuz they weren't running very well....most need a need clutch.

Anyway your car sounds nice with the turbo and i'm sure i got 1 of your 11 sec runs on vid.

The white vert and torch red 03/04 Cobra's were my buddies as well. They had really good days running mid 11's w/ only upper pulleies and no ports [Eek!]

Those cobras were running really strong [burnout] My buddy who came up with me went an 11.82 @ 122 granny shifting his '03 cobra. Those motors make great power. You wouldn't by any chance be able to post the vid up?

--------------------

3xblack GT
¯
Member # 1185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3xblack GT  Ford pictures for 3xblack GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i can see if he can upload the video, and i'll post it here for every1 to see
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
quote:

homemade turbo kit

Those cobras were running really strong [burnout] My buddy who came up with me went an 11.82 @ 122 granny shifting his '03 cobra. Those motors make great power. You wouldn't by any chance be able to post the vid up?
1 of my buds just sent me this link with a 1 of yours runs in there against the White Vert.

Hope this works for ya [Wink]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp7bDqoxu84

p.s. What does your buddy's Cobra have mod wise?

[ December 05, 2006, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those guys with the Z06's what kind of rear tire are they running and what kind of 60Ft are they getting with them.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
those guys with the Z06's what kind of rear tire are they running and what kind of 60Ft are they getting with them.

Frank

The Black Z06 was on BFG's and the Silver Z06 was in Nitto's.

I've been trying to help them get a good launch technique and i believe they have gotten them into the 1.7x's.

The Silver one was drivin by a friend of mine (Naz)but does not own the car. Plus it has a bunch of stereo stuff and is slammed [Cool]

The Black one (Folsomz06)is Dale's car and he might have gotten it into the high 1.6x's but i'm not 100% sure he may chime in to verify. I'm sure he doesn't mind me saying either that it's got a shot on it but he needs a clutch and new TOB. Sean04 put the kit on for him.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

homemade turbo kit

1 of my buds just sent me this link with a 1 of yours runs in there against the White Vert.

Thanks for the vid! My buddy has:

bassani longtube headers with high flow cats
smaller pulley
MT Drag Radials
sct tune on race gas

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

homemade turbo kit

Thanks for the vid! My buddy has:

bassani longtube headers with high flow cats
smaller pulley
MT Drag Radials
sct tune on race gas

Good stuff....no wonder he traps so high [Cool]

How are his 60 ft times doing?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Bad Snake
Member # 7271

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad Snake  Ford pictures for Bad Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm the one with the black 03 cobra that Turbo Gt ws talking about. I got my new best time sat. 11.87@122
Mods are 2.8, cai, kooks LT with cats, magnaflows. Running mt dr with RWTD tune.

--------------------
03 cobra whipple charged

folsomZ06
Member # 6964

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for folsomZ06  Ford pictures for folsomZ06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':

Frank

The Black Z06 was on BFG's and the Silver Z06 was in Nitto's.

I've been trying to help them get a good launch technique and i believe they have gotten them into the 1.7x's.

The Silver one was drivin by a friend of mine (Naz)but does not own the car. Plus it has a bunch of stereo stuff and is slammed [Cool]

The Black one (Folsomz06)is Dale's car and he might have gotten it into the high 1.6x's but i'm not 100% sure he may chime in to verify. I'm sure he doesn't mind me saying either that it's got a shot on it but he needs a clutch and new TOB. Sean04 put the kit on for him.

As Patrick stated, I have the black Z06 in the vid on the BFG rubber. The run on the vid was a 1.683 60 ft. I tried to make a pass right after that run and hit a 1.605 60 ft but the pedal was stuck to the floor as i tried to shift into 2nd wouldn't get into gear. Car is setup for nitrous (Thanks to Sean04) but all passes made that day were N/A as my stock clutch will not hold the jump in torque with spray.

Gotta give the Cobra/Mustang bunch that were out there at the TNT love man! If it were a Bowtie vs. Blue Oval day out there, you guys would have laid the smack down us.

Pat - Congrats on the 10 sec driver bro! I remember seeing it in the pits and I was like DAYAM!!!

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by Bad Snake:
I'm the one with the black 03 cobra that Turbo Gt ws talking about. I got my new best time sat. 11.87@122
Mods are 2.8, cai, kooks LT with cats, magnaflows. Running mt dr with RWTD tune.

Glad to see ya showed your face around here [Big Grin]
Bad Snake
Member # 7271

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bad Snake  Ford pictures for Bad Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had to make shure that you were keepin' the story straight. [Big Grin]

[ December 06, 2006, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Bad Snake ]

--------------------
03 cobra whipple charged

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by speeddhb:
Wow! That was a lot of fun! I will never go out there on a Wednesday again. I could have hot lapped the car if I wanted to on TNT. Money well spent. There was a lot of fast 03/04 cobras. I don't think I saw one that was running slower than high 11's. Just in case anybody wants to know I got the stock SD 87 to run a 13.26 @ 103 with a crappy 1.91 60' , and the only reason I got 103 out of it is because of the 60 deg weather and letting it cool down for about 40 minutes before making a run. If anybody wants to chime in on how to get better 60's let me know! I ditched the front sway bar, put 4cyl springs on it, solid lowers, double adj uppers, and pinion set @ -3. Thanks a lot Kevin for your help!

Was your car the blue LX on slicks? If so, nice car man. Also, you and my buddy, Jackpine50, would be a great race. His car has gone 13.3 @ 103 on a wed. night race. Its mostly stock SD car. Only has O/R exhaust, gears and race crank pulley. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Was your car the blue LX on slicks? If so, nice car man. Also, you and my buddy, Jackpine50, would be a great race. His car has gone 13.3 @ 103 on a wed. night race. Its mostly stock SD car. Only has O/R exhaust, gears and race crank pulley. [burnout]
I poop on Jackpine5.0 [Razz]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

speeddhb
¯
Member # 6593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for speeddhb  Ford pictures for speeddhb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, it was the midnight blue lx on Weld draglite's and MT 8.5 slicks! Mine is almost stock, except for exhuast(w/ cats) and gears(3.73's) and all of the smog equipment! No short belt either! It has some suspension stuff though. The car really feels like it wants to be launched off of the rev limiter. May be i'll get those 60's down to a respectable time. Like 1.7's not 1.9 or 2.0's

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah, it was the midnight blue lx on Weld draglite's and MT 8.5 slicks! Mine is almost stock, except for exhuast(w/ cats) and gears(3.73's) and all of the smog equipment! No short belt either! It has some suspension stuff though. The car really feels like it wants to be launched off of the rev limiter. May be i'll get those 60's down to a respectable time. Like 1.7's not 1.9 or 2.0's

You are running solid bushings on your uppers and lowers? If so, your pinion angle should be set around -1 degrees. Also, what was your launch RPM and tire pressure? Let us know when your going to be out at the track again. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
speeddhb
¯
Member # 6593

No! The lowers have polyurethane bushings at each end. The uppers have heim joints on the body attachment. But On the axle end (eyelet upper on axle) I have new rubber bushings. I know when I put in the Double Ajustable uppers in and set the pinion @ -3 the car hooked liked crazy, even on 235-60 15 drag radials. That's why I think I am not leaving with enough RPM. I tried 4,000 on the first luanch. then I tried increasing it by about 500 RPm on the next couple of runs. The last, and best 60 (1.91) I just stuck my foot in the throttle (I'm guessing 4,800). I need a 12 sec timeslip on a stock SD car!!!!!!!!

--------------------

speeddhb
¯
Member # 6593

Tire pressure was 11 psi

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com