Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » CHP at SacramentoRaceway (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: CHP at SacramentoRaceway
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seems to me that there would be no reason to be concerned unless you are running illegal mods. If they pull you over and your shit is legal, they can't do a damn thing. But don't complain to the CHP hotline that officers are pulling racers over for having illegal mods. They are only doing their job, but found an easier way to do it. No one said you can't race legally at the track, but smog violations and illegal engine mods on the street are another thing. [patriot]

Cliff notes: trailer your shit if you have illegal mods!

[ July 30, 2006, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Juiced, most of the cars going to the track have something that is considered "illegal"

I mean, for gawd's sake, they will nail you for a cold air kit, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, noise, anything, etc...

Its just an excuse to bring more money to the city.

F them!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree, but try not to give them a reason to pull you over (front plate, front tint, extremely loud exhaust, slicks, etc). Usually they will look for exterior things so they have probable cause to get you for other things. If your car looks like it's in compliance, the officer will probably wait for another guy.

It's kind of like a cop sitting in front of a bar. If someone shows signs of wreckless driving after leaving the bar (swerving, no signal, etc) then he will have reason to suspect an intoxicated driver. If someone appears to be driving safely, the cop will probably not pull the person over, even though he knew the driver came out from the bar.

Don't advertise your mods with tint, no plate, stickers, insanely loud exhaust, etc!

[ July 30, 2006, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
juiced, the thing is they will pull anyone over that just looks like a fast car or modified, even if they have everything cool, they will just say it's because they thought the exhaust was a bit lound, then make you pop the hood. its the fact that people go to the track to race and not street race, yet they are being treated like criminals for fucking NOTHING! just because your car has mods on it doesnt mean you are out killing innocent people, anyone can drive like a dumbfuck and kill someone in any kind of car. a car enthusiast should not have to be treated like a criminal plain and simple

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ August 11, 2006, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[BS flag] communism! good analogy.

question: whats the difference if you are driving an illegal car with no smog pump or long tube headers or whatever...and then you cross an imaginary line.(the boundaries of the race track) onto the street to go home? Aren't we polluting the ozone exactly the same? whats the difference if we are in a parking lot or on the street?

There has to be a lawyer on this forum somewhere??? Can't this be argued? loop holes???

I don't know I guess I was just grasping at nothing.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by o6 ford:
[BS flag] communism! good analogy.

question: whats the difference if you are driving an illegal car with no smog pump or long tube headers or whatever...and then you cross an imaginary line.(the boundaries of the race track) onto the street to go home? Aren't we polluting the ozone exactly the same? whats the difference if we are in a parking lot or on the street?

There has to be a lawyer on this forum somewhere??? Can't this be argued? loop holes???

I don't know I guess I was just grasping at nothing.

Pollution wise there is no difference. But thats the great thing about America, if you own a piece of land and you a re a private party, you can do with it what you like...

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like i won't be going to sac for a long while. i wonder how long it will be before the CHP start hanging out outside infineon raceway?!?!

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
looks like i won't be going to sac for a long while. i wonder how long it will be before the CHP start hanging out outside infineon raceway?!?!

Won't happen. Infineon has too good a relationship with their local PD. Between the money that they bring to the city and the Police drag race program (not sure of they still do this), chances are the PD will always look the other way on Wed nights, unless you do something stupid

--------------------
Stangless

67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
Pollution wise there is no difference. But thats the great thing about America, if you own a piece of land and you a re a private party, you can do with it what you like...

Absolutely not true. Check any county or city's "general plan" and they will tell you what you can/cant do with your land.
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang:
quote:

Absolutely not true. Check any county or city's "general plan" and zoning code and they will tell you what you can/cant do with your land.

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang:
quote:

Absolutely not true. Check any county or city's "general plan" and they will tell you what you can/cant do with your land.
I understand about zoning laws and things of that nature, but was trying to make a bigger point...the track is not a PUBLIC roadway and is not governed by city traffic laws.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my point was in reality... it is exactly the same thing. as long as you are not speeding or driving stupid what the hell is wrong with driving home?

we need a special permit that says i am driving to and from the track. so no mi jodes!

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does Anyone Know If This Has Been Resolved Yet [Confused]

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
hallbros
¯
Member # 5929

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hallbros  Ford pictures for hallbros    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I talked to Tony at the track last night. He said that the cops were out there scouting this weeks before they started. He said that one of the "reasons" they were using to pull people over was no front lic. plate and other minor visual problems. But they admitted that they are actually looking for mods once they pull you over. Keep all your bulbs replaced and your plates on and they will leave you alone. I left the track at 9:50 pm last night and there were no chp present.

Cliff Hall

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hallbros:
I talked to Tony at the track last night. He said that the cops were out there scouting this weeks before they started. He said that one of the "reasons" they were using to pull people over was no front lic. plate and other minor visual problems. But they admitted that they are actually looking for mods once they pull you over. Keep all your bulbs replaced and your plates on and they will leave you alone. I left the track at 9:50 pm last night and there were no chp present.

Cliff Hall

Good to hear.

Sounds pretty typical of what cops use to pull people over and "investigate" [Roll Eyes]

Just sux that they have to do it right in front of the track [Frown]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

fucking hyenas

--------------------
Stangless

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hallbros:

Cliff Hall

Thanks for the update Cliff.

Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
hallbros
¯
Member # 5929

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hallbros  Ford pictures for hallbros    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No problem.......I'll see some of you at Mustang Madness, I'm going to be a pit bi**h for my nephew who will be driving my car.

See you there
Cliff Hall

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
Seems to me that there would be no reason to be concerned unless you are running illegal mods. If they pull you over and your shit is legal, they can't do a damn thing. But don't complain to the CHP hotline that officers are pulling racers over for having illegal mods. They are only doing their job, but found an easier way to do it. No one said you can't race legally at the track, but smog violations and illegal engine mods on the street are another thing. [patriot]

Cliff notes: trailer your shit if you have illegal mods!

problem is they will still write you a ticket with smog legal parts...Its bullshit in all honesty,they preech they want to stop street racing but the fact of the matter is its all about money and making money for the state.And they pulled over a guy with his car on the trailor and said some bullshit about his numbers on his trailor...its bullshit.

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ August 04, 2006, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: slidewayz94 ]

TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The cops are not doing anything illegal. And you shouldn't drive your to the track you should most likely tow it if you got mods on there that are not carb approved.

But overal thats pretty shady and you can complain about cop oppression.

Thyically there should be that grey area where the cops should be cool about it if your not street racing and doing the right thing by taking it to the track.

Just bitchin about the problem may not solve it. But its definately the first step.

I think the real source of the problem and solution to the problem is that the sacramentoraceay and the cops need to build better relationships with one another just like sears point. Do they offer race the cop night at sacramentoraceway?

[ August 04, 2006, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: TuxMask-Andy ]

Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another solution is to just buy only carb approved parts. I know vortech and prochargers are CARB approved. We need more manufactures to fork a little bit more cash to get most of their custom parts ca carbed approved like long tubes for example. I don't know why these can't be carb approved but a supercharger can. Longtubes doesn't do anything to alter emmisions. its probalby the fact that it interferes with the stock cat location. But even so its a grey area that can be fought b/c a stock cat on most cars tend to be half the car length with 4 cats total. So by saying stock cat locatoin is quite vague.
TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Im curious how many people actually called that number and complained?

Im sure if 100 people complain they would of probably got tired of the phone calls and just leave it alone.

But then again if your bitchin at them that just might fuel the fire since a lot of cops are egotistic.

I think some polite constructivie critism and mutual understanding between both parties is a way to get things solved.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com