Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Roll call for GRUDGE NIGHT 4-15...who's going (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Roll call for GRUDGE NIGHT 4-15...who's going
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Me and my cousin were pissed! [Mad] It rained for like 30 minutes here in Sac from like 1:45-2:15 and then it stopped and hasn't rained since. They said gates opened at 4pm but racing didn't start until 6pm, so how the fuck are they going to cancel it almost 4 hrs. early? How did they know it was going to keep raining. Oh well i'm just blowing off some steam because we were hella anticipating it [Mad]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
Me and my cousin were pissed! [Mad] It rained for like 30 minutes here in Sac from like 1:45-2:15 and then it stopped and hasn't rained since. They said gates opened at 4pm but racing didn't start until 6pm, so how the fuck are they going to cancel it almost 4 hrs. early? How did they know it was going to keep raining. Oh well i'm just blowing off some steam because we were hella anticipating it [Mad]

Should have came for TNT man. The Air was pretty good man. I got like 4 or 5 runs in and they still gave me a Rain Check!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah i know, i wished i would have gone to TNT. I didn't know all you guys were going to be out there or else i would have just rolled up there.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah i know, i wished i would have gone to TNT. I didn't know all you guys were going to be out there or else i would have just rolled up there.

LOL, we didn't even know we were going until about 10:30 that morning [Big Grin]

Seriously though, about 10 minutes after they called it, the skies cleared up and the weather was fine. [Frown]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

LOL, we didn't even know we were going until about 10:30 that morning [Big Grin]

Seriously though, about 10 minutes after they called it, the skies cleared up and the weather was fine. [Frown]

Yeah they had to tell us Mustang guys to get off the staging lanes and beat it!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

We had the dryest weather and bluest sky of the day just 20 minutes after they called it, lol...

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
quote:

Yeah they had to tell us Mustang guys to get off the staging lanes and beat it!
Haha! Yeah that was classic. Everyone else had got the hint and left, but noooo. 4 or 5 of us stuborn stangers wouldn't leave the staging lanes, just hoping they might let us run anyway [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here we are refusing to leave, even after they carried the tree away, lol

-

--------------------
Stangless

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

That was BS how they cancelled so early. My dad's shop is maybe 10 minutes from there and i called after the rain stopped and it still said it was cacelled. You're right though the skies got hella blue and the sun even poked its way out so me and my cousin drove up there just to see if maybe they would re-open for the good weather. The gates were still open so we drove around looking for someone to argue with [Big Grin]

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look's like they are having some funny car event on saturday. Then sunday is some rice fest. [Mad] Anyone going to the rice fest?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Look's like they are having some funny car event on saturday. Then sunday is some rice fest. [Mad] Anyone going to the rice fest?

I'll be there this weekend at the Funny Car deal...should be one hard hooking track. Hoping for some good 8 second passes!!!!

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:

I'll be there this weekend at the Funny Car deal...should be one hard hooking track. Hoping for some good 8 second passes!!!!
That sound's good! I will try to make it.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

I got 8 passes at the last CMI rice event...

The forecast was not good that day however, so a lot of the guys traveling from LA and SD didn't show up.

The CMI events are expected to be SAC's biggest turnout. Its a gamble.

--------------------
Stangless

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com