Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac Raceway (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sac Raceway
highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for highofftiresmoke  Ford pictures for highofftiresmoke    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
o ok well it was night time both times in the early summer.

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold
90 red gt - in progess and then for sale ...

Posts: 482 | From: san jose,ca | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by highofftiresmoke:
see if u can figure this one out
first time at track.. modifications:
basani off raod x pipe
2 chamber flows
bfg drag radials
( 2:73 gears )
2.1 60 ft
14.1 @ 97.1

2nd time to the track.. modifications
bassani off road x pipe
2 chamber flows
bbk equal lenght shorties
4:10 gears
bfg radials
70mm t body
b&m short throw
removed the sway bar
under drive pullies
1.8 60 ft
13.9 @ 98.6 mph

First off 2.73s are EASY to drive down the track, that fact the you had a 2.1 60ft with the 2.73s is good esspecially on street tires, I would say the first pass you list is a great pass. Now for the second setup you have to shift 3 times instead of 2 times. This is obviously going to hurt you a little. 4.10 are a bitch to get used too. Make about 30 more passes and I bet you start seeing a lot better times. Changing gears like you did is like forgetting how to drive. You have to relearn it all. Have fun doing it I am sure your times will go down. [patriot]

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for highofftiresmoke  Ford pictures for highofftiresmoke    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i went to the track once in between

i had
everything on the car minues drag radials and the a throttle body and still went 13.995

so i come back add a set of bfg radials and the 70mm t body and bump my timing and go 13.926

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold

highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

first time: bfg radials, off road x pipe, flows
14.171 @ 97

second time : NO radials BALD street tires, 4:10's, pullyes,equal lenght headers, no sway bar, short throw shifter
13.995@98mph

third time :ON bfg radials, 4:10's, pullyes,equal lenght headers, no sway bar, short throw shifter, 70 mm t body, 14 degrees timing
13.929@98 mph

so i had been there on the gears and i have raced hundereds on times on the street iam pretty adjusted to the gears.

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com