Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Ford Vs Chevy Results? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ford Vs Chevy Results?
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I finally got the courage to log in. Brian remains my hero, and Norman and John91coupe too [Wink]
Jim is scaring me by running my mph now [Big Grin]

I left @ 1:30 pm, plenty of time to drive the 110 miles and get there by 3:30 right? nope.

Anyone leaving from the southbay that hit the 680/80 can back me up on the traffic.

@4:30 pm traffic finally clears up, I'm P'O'd about it so I powershifted 3-4 on the bottle (100 shot) -practice really- well damnit all to hell but I watch my serpentine belt fly up behind me on the freeway. Takes me till 7:30 pm to get to a parts store so I threw in the towel [Roll Eyes]

woulda' been fun [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey Rob, did you get my 126mph run on tape??

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was a great night of racing. Thanks for the people that contributed and put this together. I'm sure it was a lot of work. [patriot]
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i must have over 100 runs on tape from yesterday, maybe you could tell me what your car looks like and i'll see if i can find it...
[Smile]

i'm gonna watch the whole thing today after the nhra coverage...

i was shooting from about half track so if you were leading or side-by-side, i should have the run.

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its the red one, there were 3 other runs that were shitty, i just want to save this 126mph run just incase it never happens again [Smile]

-

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger91:
[QB]Its the red one, there were 3 other runs that were shitty, i just want to save this 126mph run just incase it never happens again [Smile]

I saw it [dance]

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
NosboySS
¯
Member # 637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NosboySS  Ford pictures for NosboySS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope never saw it. Didnt even happen Jim. I think your gonna have to go do it again. [Cool] [Wink]
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

lol

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6GT  Ford pictures for 4.6GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd
254rwhp/305 ft lb torque N/A

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6GT  Ford pictures for 4.6GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd
254rwhp/305 ft lb torque N/A

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I finally got the courage to log in. Brian remains my hero, and Norman and John91coupe too [Wink]
Jim is scaring me by running my mph now [Big Grin]

I left @ 1:30 pm, plenty of time to drive the 110 miles and get there by 3:30 right? nope.

Anyone leaving from the southbay that hit the 680/80 can back me up on the traffic.

@4:30 pm traffic finally clears up, I'm P'O'd about it so I powershifted 3-4 on the bottle (100 shot) -practice really- well damnit all to hell but I watch my serpentine belt fly up behind me on the freeway. Takes me till 7:30 pm to get to a parts store so I threw in the towel [Roll Eyes]

woulda' been fun [patriot]

I suppose that's what you get for using "NAWSSS" on the freeway 2 fast 2 furious style
[burnout]

If it makes you feel any better, we would have more than likely won if you would have shown up an ran low 12's NA as usual [patriot]

Too bad you left so late... on my way up I saw Tyrant89 pulled over on the freeway and stopped to see if he needed help. I'm sure we could have rigged something up between the two of our cars and gotten your LX to the track some how if I saw you on the road side beltless.

You should put a FordMuscle.com sticker on your car. I hear you don't need to run a belt if you have a FordMuscle.com sticker on your car [Wink] Its a law of physics or something, [Wink]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Belted all night, Critic. Wouldn't have made up 5mph.... [Roll Eyes]
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DontRevMe:
quote:
Originally posted by krazy-stang:
any body see that 7 sec stang

yea its a very fast car...i just wish at the end the GN would have done a better burnout so he could have actaully launched that thing..its supposedly a low 7 car too...not saying it would have won...but it woulda been cool to have a much closer race...

(im amazed there were no big brawls tonight [patriot] )

The GN has never been in the sevens. Ran a mid eight...but the car is very inconsistent. I think it has something to do with too much motor for the chassis it was put in [Wink]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My favorite was the damn benz. He didnt even do a burnout a couple of the times and still romped on people. My other baby is john91coupes car. Does the dude with that 7 second notch post on here?

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that 7 second notch is trbo50, he doesnt post very often

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Silvino
¯
Member # 1306

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silvino  Ford pictures for Silvino    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He didn't beat everyone [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCholo:
that was my first time going to a event like that and let me tell u i dont regret it one bit...that mercedes was doing good too smokin every one he raced...sucks for the guy that lost it and went into the wall....but that mustang that ran a 7 q/m that was sweet.....ima have to go to more of these...hope everyone else had fun

--------------------
Silvino
1993.5 Supra TT - RPS CTC67H Single Turbo

Posts: 35 | From: San Jose, Ca. | Registered: May 2002  |  :
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Rob, do you have me on tape running my 14.023 by chance? or any runs of me? Im the Smoke/Grey colored 89 Vert with a black top and Polished R's

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Chowdog
¯
Member # 839

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chowdog  Ford pictures for Chowdog  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
Originally posted by DontRevMe:
quote:
Originally posted by krazy-stang:
any body see that 7 sec stang

yea its a very fast car...i just wish at the end the GN would have done a better burnout so he could have actaully launched that thing..its supposedly a low 7 car too...not saying it would have won...but it woulda been cool to have a much closer race...

(im amazed there were no big brawls tonight [patriot] )

The GN has never been in the sevens. Ran a mid eight...but the car is very inconsistent. I think it has something to do with too much motor for the chassis it was put in [Wink]
It's 76 more rear wheel horsepower than I was hoping [patriot]

It was a great event. Especially, getting some test passes and early tech:)

Thanks to Sawson and others from CAFORDS for putting lots of work into this event. Also, gotta put a word of appreciation for Norcal's F8tal and Brandon...that BBQ was kewl.

I got 4 passes, all of which were less than optimal, but I'll be back at the next grudge fest with some fresh tires. My best was my first test pass at 9.51 at 152...stayed away from the South wall, off the throttle and back on. My run against Norm was an 9.93 at 125.

Props to my old street racer bud, JohnPaul for helping me with an electrical bug with my boost controller, it wouldn't have made any difference but I couldn't let Norm get away with a solo pass just as the staging lanes closed. Norm's car rocked!

--------------------
Z06 12.19@117
http://www.fasttrackperformance.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:

Hey, you know I give all my favorite racers a hard time [Razz]

The FM beltless law is an inside thing/joke amoung certain circles [Razz]

Either way, you have one of the best, if not the best NA 5.O combo ever seen around here. Cheap, reliable, street-able and fast. Its a toss up between you and SP90GT.

Threesixes
¯
Member # 1408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesixes  Ford pictures for Threesixes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Ran a string of 12.3x's, til the last run,
.527 RT, 1.78 60ft spinning, 12.20 @ 113.85mph.

Too bad it was against another Stang that I did my best- still wouldn't have been enough to outrun my LS1 counterpart running 118/119mph on a 150 shot (I think.) He had a series of 12.0's then busted out an 11.80 and was booted for no cage. He hit his goal and was happy.

Looks like I have chased off my motor gremlins- now to work on the damn suspension.

Jim "Ain't got no, satistraction..." (B flat) L.

It was a TNT 100 shot. They under rate the jets though. Their "100 shot" gave 120 RWHP on the dyno [Smile] Get that paxton on and I'll get my cage in, and we'll rematch next year. Of course I'll probably have to run the 150 jets then [Eek!]
Posts: 63 | From: Concord, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:

Hey, you know I give all my favorite racers a hard time [Razz]

The FM beltless law is an inside thing/joke amoung certain circles [Razz]

Either way, you have one of the best, if not the best NA 5.O combo ever seen around here. Cheap, reliable, street-able and fast. Its a toss up between you and SP90GT.

Too late, Mr. kiss-up. Besides, you might hurt Joe's feelings (or Jon's)... [Eek!]
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by Threesixes:
quote:
Ran a string of 12.3x's, til the last run,
.527 RT, 1.78 60ft spinning, 12.20 @ 113.85mph.

Too bad it was against another Stang that I did my best- still wouldn't have been enough to outrun my LS1 counterpart running 118/119mph on a 150 shot (I think.) He had a series of 12.0's then busted out an 11.80 and was booted for no cage. He hit his goal and was happy.

Looks like I have chased off my motor gremlins- now to work on the damn suspension.

Jim "Ain't got no, satistraction..." (B flat) L.

It was a TNT 100 shot. They under rate the jets though. Their "100 shot" gave 120 RWHP on the dyno [Smile] Get that paxton on and I'll get my cage in, and we'll rematch next year. Of course I'll probably have to run the 150 jets then [Eek!]
Yeah, the cage thing is really going to be tough to afford. I really want that 11 N/A and can probably get away with the occasional 11.9x. 6-8psi and it should be deep into the 11's. Then there's the stock axles to deal w/ ... [burnout]
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think Sawson is giving you and Scott the 'reliable' honors [Wink]

course your car was in a good collision and had headwork twice, Scott's no longer exists, but hey I'm not making the rules up here [Big Grin] I've ridden shotgun home from Sac on the flatbed twice this year and I don't want to talk about previous years.... [Whoo Whooooo!] Jon's car never has a problem and even if it did none of us would ever know 'cause it would be fixed the same day because he always has like 2 or 3 complete parts cars at his disposal [worship] he just needs to drive the 10 minutes to the track once in a while to defend his title [BS flag] [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Threesixes
¯
Member # 1408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesixes  Ford pictures for Threesixes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah, the cage thing is really going to be tough to afford. I really want that 11 N/A and can probably get away with the occasional 11.9x. 6-8psi and it should be deep into the 11's. Then there's the stock axles to deal w/ ... [burnout]
You ran a 12.2 in less than ideal conditions and Sawson was telling me what a great driver you were.I have to believe you have a N/A 11 coming in the future.That stang is damn fast for all motor! Good luck.
Posts: 63 | From: Concord, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com