Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Think you're Fast? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Think you're Fast?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
OK- my pet peeve about the numbers. TWO SIGNIFICANT DIGITS! What is with this 12.8 or 11.6 BS? 13.32 is FASTER than 13.38. The timing is done to three places, so you can at least report to two. Having several people at he same time because they just give the time to a tenth is lame.

I agree with you on this. How about this... people who only say "12.8@110" should be listed as "12.8x@110.xx" and placed behind the 12.89 people until they provide more accuracy.

I'm for only keeping count of the top 50 people on the top dog list for two reasons...

1) less work for mark

2) Everyone and their mother here runs high 13's, no need to keep track of every high 13 second Mustang around here [burnout]

[ January 12, 2003, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys..please keep miles' time there... his car may no longer run, but he deserves to stay on that list.
thanks
Jersey

--------------------
=(

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think if you don't own the car it should last for 1 year. Then it's gotta go. I'll definately make the fastest list saturday because hell...there isn't anyone else in my category. I hope to break into the top 60ish I guess. but definately there should be an expiration date. I also think your time should be run by you, not Drew. I agree, I'd have drew run my car for a good time too but it shouldn't count if he's driving your car onto the list. Top Dawg should only be for the owner of the car driving. [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIR Paint Job w/ '84 Tercel on MTBE:
Shade-Tree, how much does your car weigh? I noticed you and I have the same 60' and you're a mile an hour slower but a tenth quicker.

ET vs mph is more important than weight.

Likes like I'm banging my tremec faster than your AOD [Wink] otherwise can't explain why I 5-speed would out ET an auto given identical 60's [Big Grin]
(not sure what it weighs exactly, pretty light, it's 60'd a 1.67 on motor in may)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree, the new list should be for current times no more than 2 years. and the old one should be used as a history or reference check for cafords... [patriot]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and cut down the list to only the top 50... [patriot]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
quote:
Shade-Tree, how much does your car weigh? I noticed you and I have the same 60' and you're a mile an hour slower but a tenth quicker.

ET vs mph is more important than weight.

Likes like I'm banging my tremec faster than your AOD [Wink] otherwise can't explain why I 5-speed would out ET an auto given identical 60's [Big Grin]
(not sure what it weighs exactly, pretty light, it's 60'd a 1.67 on motor in may)

so how much does it weigh?
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both of you run at the same track?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[QUOTE]so how much does it weigh?

my best estimate is 2950#'s, 3150#'s with me. It might be a little over that. I need to get it re-weighed for sure. Shooting for 3050#'s with driver with 6-pt rollbar, or about 2800#'s less driver less rollbar, if that makes any sense to ya.
Now I *think* it's probably about the same weight as your car, but again, just look at trap speeds, that's your instant power/weight quotient right there.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good point dan

shade-tree, from what they say my car weighed 2950 from the factory with a 289 and a 2 bbl carb. I've done nothing but add weight to the car since then so it's probably around 3150 or 3200 without me.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:

or maybe we should have 2 lists one with current owners and their current cars and times
and anothere with a all time fastest list

There are two lists. I've tried explaining it three times. I've posted the two links to the two different lists and still I don't think people get it [Confused] I know many members here have trouble with the english language, but luckily they've stayed out of the drag racing forum.

Maybe someone else can try to explain?

I see your list's but its the same list just configured diffrent

I was saying have 2 lists one of the fastest cars but on would have times from what ever car you own and ran even if you dont have it no more

the second one would have the current cars and their times

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sir paint a lot, the car has gone 8.6, the doors, fenders, and front nose have gone 11.7, the motor has gone 10.6, I have gone 9.8. Average out me and my cars best to a 10.175 [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
sir paint a lot, the car has gone 8.6, the doors, fenders, and front nose have gone 11.7, the motor has gone 10.6, I have gone 9.8. Average out me and my cars best to a 10.175 [Smile]

more like add them and you run 40.7
or multiply them and you run a whopping 10452.41
or roughly 2 hours and 54 mins... ouch. are you ralley racing or something?

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone else have any final thoughts/opinions/suggestions on handing the two _different_ lists?

http://www.californiafords.com/topdog.htm

http://www.californiafords.com/fastest.htm

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:
OK- my pet peeve about the numbers. TWO SIGNIFICANT DIGITS! What is with this 12.8 or 11.6 BS? 13.32 is FASTER than 13.38. The timing is done to three places, so you can at least report to two. Having several people at he same time because they just give the time to a tenth is lame.

I agree with you on this. How about this... people who only say "12.8@110" should be listed as "12.8x@110.xx" and placed behind the 12.89 people until they provide more accuracy.

I'm for only keeping count of the top 50 people on the top dog list for two reasons...

1) less work for mark

2) Everyone and their mother here runs high 13's, no need to keep track of every high 13 second Mustang around here [burnout]

You can correct my time to a 13.706 with that same mph on the top dawg list then.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Chris M.
Member # 1708

top dogs should be current cars driven by their owners. once the car is sold, taken apart, or wrecked... it should be taken off. also if it is modified to be slower (blew up motor and put a lesser one back in), then the slower time should replace the faster time.

The other list should be the opposite. just a list of cars current or in the past that belong to cafords members.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Kevin Locke, 331 w/ Procharger D2R, 9.23 at 149mph, 1.3x 60 ft. Sear Point, Slicks.
[Eek!] [worship] [worship] [dance] [worship] [worship] [Eek!]

Damnit, when did Kev hit a time that low? He has one of the nicest drive to the track cars that I have ever seen. EVER.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
top dogs should be current cars driven by their owners. once the car is sold, taken apart, or wrecked... it should be taken off.

[patriot]

--------------------

Chris M.
Member # 1708

apparently when he ditched the drag radials and put on dot slicks
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Last couple of months?

--------------------

Chris M.
Member # 1708

i dont know exactly when.

I love the fact that his car runs 12 flat without the blower and then runs low 9s with it... has anyone ever seen that much of an improvement on a nitrous car? HELL NO.

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm pretty new here, in fact, I think this is my first post. I have an opinion though...basically the two lists is a great idea. Kinda compromises. The point of having a list is so that you can have a visual representation of history. Without history we have nothing to shoot for. If you went 9sec 5 years ago, then you should still be on the "Fastest" list. However, maybe it would be a more appeasing way to have a list that is maybe "Fastest Ford of 2003" or something like that. There is no reason why you can't have just a "Fastest" section that has 500 people on there, especially when you are breaking it down to thousandths of a second, or at least hundredths. Well, that's just my .02

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Chris M.
Member # 1708

RO2USH, There is a list with every style of car and every type of motor which is perfect as a "history" list because you can look up times by your car/engine type. I'm pretty damn sure no one will be beating Normans 7.5 anytime soon, except for maybe Norman. Bounty Hunter should be faster than that but nothing about dual dominators fits into FASTEST EFI MUSTANGS IN NORTHERN CAL.

I think the other list, the one that is fastest to slowest should be a current list so it can be used as a quick reference for who is the fastest right now.

I also agree, there shouldnt be a limit to the amount of cars on the list, if you just want the top 50 then stop reading it when you get to #51.
I may not notice StoplightWarrior at #64 but he knows he's there and when he puts his blower on, picks up a tenth of a second and moves from #64 to #61... he'll be very proud.

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is what I'm thinking of doing. Keeping our catagory list the way it is. Then the fastest to slowest list put a header on it for 2002 and start a new 2003 list, that has only the times on it for 2003 and making a new list every year. I don't want to limit it to 50 car's I would like to keep it unlimited. That way people can look at the list and pick out people that they would like to race.

What does everyone think of that?

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Member # 1708

PERFECT

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com