Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 11/30 what were the results? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 11/30 what were the results?
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where'd you buy it?????

[worship]

How's the install????

[worship]

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow [Eek!]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.ignitionsolutions.com
Tell them Jim from Fordmuscle.com sent you. I got the box to test for Mark. Detailed article to come...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
QUOTE]Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Mike I think its around $300 bucks. Is it worth it, Hell ya. We were on nitto's. The car went 13.1 with a 1.95 60ft 83.75 @104.65 We disconnected it and lost 2.4mph. Saturday we'll be on ET Streets so... There should be some 12sec timeslips.[/QUOTE]
Interesting, you are the first who actually got any noticable gain with that Booster.
http://mtcforum.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=1288
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116719&highlight=booster
But... you got some gain from intake spacer as well. [Wink]

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew WOT:
QUOTE]Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Mike I think its around $300 bucks. Is it worth it, Hell ya. We were on nitto's. The car went 13.1 with a 1.95 60ft 83.75 @104.65 We disconnected it and lost 2.4mph. Saturday we'll be on ET Streets so... There should be some 12sec timeslips.

Interesting, you are the first who actually got any noticable gain with that Booster.
http://mtcforum.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=1288
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116719&highlight=booster
But... you got some gain from intake spacer as well. [Wink]
[/QUOTE]

Ummm, did you actually read that post? There is a bunch of guys on there talking about how, in there theory it shouldn't work. And one guy who tried it on a 5 liter! Do you know the difference between a 5.0 and a 4.6? Like a 4.6 has about 7 more coils, maybe? Ring a bell?

Guys like that are a good reason why the corral had gone down hill lately. Everyone theorizing and knowone actually doing it.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually did, but you aparently missed that first link (zeroforum) actually points to the real test results on 97 Thunderbird with 4.6L-2V.
And what is wrong with the corral, do you know a better place?

[ December 03, 2002, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Andrew WOT ]

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I can say is on my car the Plasma Booster kicks ass. Drew didnt belive me when I told him how the car ran after it was installed. The next day at the track I tossed him the keys to take it for a spin. He came back with a smile on his face and said "WOW" (he drives my car all the time). There are a lot of people out there who make up crazy therorys on how they think things will work and will bad mouth them without ever trying them out. Me I like to try things out, and let people know what the results are. If I listened to the majority of the people on other sites with there therorys I would have a bone stock Mustang down to the snorkel and paper filter running 14s all day at the track. Instead I have a Mustang that will be running 12s shortly
[Big Grin]

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Mark, nobody talking about just theories.
I'm glad that it worked for you. So far I've seen just two test results of Plasma Booster. One in MM&FF, quite questionable because they did it simultaneously with Steeda TA and didn't post A/F ratio, and another one from Thunderbird guy, who reported neglible gain.
Myself I'm not afraid of modding my car, this is why I have headswap and other goodies in it. But I cannot afford to be the first kid in the block with the new toy, this is why sometimes it's better to learn from somebody's else mistakes and experience, and some internet boards are good source of this info.
You gained some, somebody didn't. People like me will take it into consideration before making decison on spending money on new mod.
See ya.

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Andrew you bring up some good points. I am also running the Plasma Booster with a Steeda TA set at 14, but its allways set at that. I haven't tried the plasma booster with stock timing. Maybe the results would be less noticable.

As far as the article in MM&FF goes I thought they did a test with stock timing and then another with advanced timing set to 15.

[ December 03, 2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: bunchmyfunky ]

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Mark, nobody talking about just theories.
I'm glad that it worked for you. So far I've seen just two test results of Plasma Booster. One in MM&FF, quite questionable because they did it simultaneously with Steeda TA and didn't post A/F ratio, and another one from Thunderbird guy, who reported neglible gain.
Myself I'm not afraid of modding my car, this is why I have headswap and other goodies in it. But I cannot afford to be the first kid in the block with the new toy, this is why sometimes it's better to learn from somebody's else mistakes and experience, and some internet boards are good source of this info.
You gained some, somebody didn't. People like me will take it into consideration before making decison on spending money on new mod.
See ya.

Yeah, I only install new mods after Mark's rubber-stamped em lol...

Got one in the mail [burnout] ...

BTW, everyone told me the L MAF wouldn't work: you're gonna detonate, idle roughly, etc. etc. None of that happened and the car ran much harder after the install.

Each vehicle has its own personality [Wink] .

67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright hold on....
First of all the Plasma Booster was obtained by Fordmuscle.com and was put on Marks car to test. (ya, marks gonna get to keep it.)

Secondly, before speculating, theorizing, evicerating, etc. wait for the article to go up. If you want to buy one based on the results posted here, that's your decision. But i guarantee you my unbiased article will raise a few more issues rather than being a blanket stamp of approval. There is a gain with the product, but how much is the question.

The company that makes the product doesnt pay me to review it, nor do they advertise on FordMuscle, so more the reason I wont BS.

One thing to think about, and perhaps to ask Mark (i know the answers, but in case you dont want to wait...) what was the best ET in the car before the booster? What was it with the booster? What was the best mph before (not just that day) what was it after.... etc.

Cheers [patriot]

[ December 03, 2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: 67stang ]

yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
should be interesting...
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We will have dyno numbers, too. No debate on those...
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've always been a little suspicious of ignition system power gains on stocker type NA motors.

now on a power adder motor, totally different story.

dyno never lies right? unless it's that ricer dyno in Fremont? [Big Grin]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

No ricers here. Just big american muscle. I believe Chris Alston Jr's car made over 900hp. Don't know any other specifics, but I wish I could have wathced that pull.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
I wish I could have wathced that pull.

All 1.3 seconds of it? [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
AED

Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Do you know the difference between a 5.0 and a 4.6? Like a 4.6 has about 7 more coils, maybe? Ring a bell?

Guys like that are a good reason why the corral had gone down hill lately. Everyone theorizing and knowone actually doing it.

Not all 4.6 are created equal.
I assume you are referring to COP (coil over plug) ingnition type which does have 8 coils, one per cylinder, but it was introduced in 1999, 1996 through 1998 used so called DIS Twin-Coil Waste Spark system where one coil feeds two cylinders i.e. if math is right has 4 coils total.
(wanna know more? http://www.smp-training.com/Counterman/Ignition/Pages/ign05.html )
This actually might be one of the the reasons why COP system respond better to Power Boster.
From http://mtcforum.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=1288
quote:

Ignition Solutions does say that the power gain is greater with the COP motors than with the twin coil like mine. But, of course, they don't promise any specific results.

[Roll Eyes]

[ December 04, 2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Andrew WOT ]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Do you know the difference between a 5.0 and a 4.6? Like a 4.6 has about 7 more coils, maybe? Ring a bell?

Not all 4.6 are created equal.
I assume you are referring to COP (coil over plug) ingnition type which does have 8 coils, one per cylinder, but it was introduced in 1999, 1996 through 1998 used so called DIS Twin-Coil Waste Spark system where one coil feeds two cylinders i.e. if math is right has 4 coils total.
(wanna know more? http://www.smp-training.com/Counterman/Ignition/Pages/ign05.html )
This actually might be one of the the reasons why COP system respond better to Power Boster.
From http://mtcforum.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=1288
quote:

Ignition Solutions does say that the power gain is greater with the COP motors than with the twin coil like mine. But, of course, they don't promise any specific results.

[Roll Eyes]

No crap (since when are we not allowed to cuss?) Sherlock. It's an '01 GT. That's the car we are talkng about. Wake up.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
No crap (since when are we not allowed to cuss?) Sherlock. It's an '01 GT. That's the car we are talkng about. Wake up.

I didn't sleep and there is no need to be rude. The original poster didn't explicity refer to the particular 01 GT but rather pointed out that there is difference between 5.0 and 4.6 ingition wise and the difference is 7 coils. If I got him wrong, sorry, just wanted to clarify things, moreover I guess that not only 99+ but earlier model owners as well would be interested in results and it might be a good thing to know the difference between two.
[Confused]

PSYCHORAM
¯
Member # 2000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PSYCHORAM  Ford pictures for PSYCHORAM  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Real Trucks don't need not stinkin' spark plugs...we ran a 12.0@118 with the red rocket on diesel only.

--------------------
13.0@106mph
'95 2500 Ram, Diesel
~Can you make 7,000lbs go 13's?~

yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

I'm curious how much hp I'm putting to the ground [Roll Eyes] , so I'm gonna have her dynoed soon. Disabling the p/booster's easy enough.

I'll also have some before and after #s.

Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

With A/F ratio?
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

quote:
With A/F ratio?

Probably not...
rkramerf
Member # 2200

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rkramerf  Ford pictures for rkramerf    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Northern guys....It was nice to visit Sac Raceway and actually have some traction...us poor socal boys are stuck spinning and hopping at LACR and Carlsbad...If i had more practice at your track, i would run a 10.....I was the yellow Kennebell car BTW
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by rkramerf:
Hey Northern guys....It was nice to visit Sac Raceway and actually have some traction...us poor socal boys are stuck spinning and hopping at LACR and Carlsbad...If i had more practice at your track, i would run a 10.....I was the yellow Kennebell car BTW

Hey man I saw you and your car there. I talked to you for a while actually. Nice ride man. When will you be back up in our neck of the woods again? Later, Drew

--------------------
AED

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com