Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Good TnT, Nov 2. minor improvement. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good TnT, Nov 2. minor improvement.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
What did Chirag run?

I saw 1.5x 60's and a 12.0 pass an the 'teens mph. (forget exactly). I'm sure he has a lot more in it. [burnout]
Oh yeah, he beat that handily. Article should be up on F/M in the next couple of days.
Hey, I thought the locals don't have to wait for the article to come out like everone else [Wink]

[ November 03, 2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
as usual, I speak in eubonics. I thought you were on 24#'ers now, never mind. I'll stick to installing body-kits thank you, drive through. [patriot]

I am on 24's. They went in at the same time as the cam. Like I said when Sawson asked this question on page 1...

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like I need to do a better job of hanging on to the details of the who, what, where and when [Big Grin] . Does the instructor allow Cliff Notes? [worship]
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No. You can be expelled for such delatorious behavior. We have high standards here...

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got no problem sharing with the locals [Wink]

1.59 11.87 117.7

not bad for the first time out with that motor. We never changed a jet or hooked up a timing light.

And if there were really track prep issues, then look out... the pair of 1.59's i had were launching at 3500-3800 rpm (afraid of snapping yet another weak 8" 28spline twig)

good seeing the ol crowd at the track too [Wink]

[ November 03, 2002, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: 67stang ]

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Thanks Eric, theres so much more in it though, with the heater and taller Tire It should be fine with the 4.10s I need to activate the Nitrous Earlier in first. Its just a matter of time and getting used to the new setup.

are you still on drag radials or slicks now? was that 13.0 on drag radials? sweet times.

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00NIGHTMARE:
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Thanks Eric, theres so much more in it though, with the heater and taller Tire It should be fine with the 4.10s I need to activate the Nitrous Earlier in first. Its just a matter of time and getting used to the new setup.

are you still on drag radials or slicks now? was that 13.0 on drag radials? sweet times.
The 13.0 was on slicks. The N20 runs this past weekend were on DR's [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does he have aftermarket axles or stock? cause i wanna get some 15X8's or maybe 15X10's but i dont want to be bustin axles with them launching at 4500 or something. [burnout]

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00NIGHTMARE:
does he have aftermarket axles or stock? cause i wanna get some 15X8's or maybe 15X10's but i dont want to be bustin axles with them launching at 4500 or something. [burnout]

His rearend is all stock. The stock setup is good for high 1.5 60fts. It's those ungodly high RPM side steps that break stuff. I wouldn't be too worried, unless you plan on punishing the stock setup with slicks quite often [patriot]

[ November 03, 2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang:

1.59 11.87 117.7

not bad for the first time out with that motor. We never changed a jet or hooked up a timing light.

And if there were really track prep issues, then look out... the pair of 1.59's i had were launching at 3500-3800 rpm (afraid of snapping yet another weak 8" 28spline twig)

1.59 on an old 8" [Eek!]
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

1.59 11.87 117.7

That's awesome for the first time out with a new combo. I remember watching your last combo's first time out from the finish line when the clutch went on the first pass. So what flow numbers did TEA get out of your heads and what volume are the ports now?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
quote:

1.59 11.87 117.7

That's awesome for the first time out with a new combo. I remember watching your last combo's first time out from the finish line when the clutch went on the first pass. So what flow numbers did TEA get out of your heads and what volume are the ports now?
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2001/04/totalengineairflow/index.shtml

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Thanks sawson.
The heads (World Jr) flow 267 cfm intake peak @ .550 and 225 cfm exh at same lift. Volume is 180cc stock intake runner, prolly 185-188 ported.

Heads could flow 277 on the intake side, but a different (Ferrera) valve yeilded better avg flow in the mid range than the Manley valve which came with the head.

It all seems to come together with the Chirag custom Crane cam ;-)

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:

It all seems to come together with the Chirag custom Crane cam ;-)

Please, oh please spec me a cam. I want to go as fast as Aaron! Wonder how fast that would be?
[Wink]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com