Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 60' times. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 60' times.
I like to race
¯
Member # 1484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for I like to race  Ford pictures for I like to race    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only difference I see is that with a stick you slide your foot off the clutch and with a trans brake you slide you finger off the button
Posts: 87 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok, well I use the clutch a litte, you don't, big deal.
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the best thing for you to do at this time I like to race is to launch a transbrake car and then go launch your 5 speed car and you will see that there is a difference.

As far as the whole post goes the reason some folks get different 60 foot times than others using the same tires is pretty simple if you ask me.

I like to race
¯
Member # 1484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for I like to race  Ford pictures for I like to race    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I'll just continue to leave the line with my street racing friendly AOD and 2500 stall. [worship]
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds good. I know that when you sit down and think about it the sidestepping the clutch and letting off the transbrake seem like the same thing but they arent. I cant really explain it, you just have to do it to see.

As far as your AOD and 2500 stall if it is pulling 1.9 or 1.8s on street tires then you are good to go.

Sounds like this LAME I know that used to post on here with some fucked up stroker motor with a blower in an older mustang.

You wouldnt know him tho.......if you do tell his mom I said hi [Smile]

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

I like to race
¯
Member # 1484

Yeah I know that fool. His mom's not as good as you talk her up to be. However, Jayl's mom is.

This saturday I can't wait to see what it'll 60' with slicks gears and a locker vs. ta radials, 2.79s and an open diff.

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
Sounds like this LAME I know that used to post on here with some fucked up stroker motor with a blower in an older mustang.

You wouldnt know him tho.......if you do tell his mom I said hi [Smile]

OMG...I know that LAMER too!
He swore his car was fast, but really it was just a POS [Big Grin]

I haven't met his mom...
yet [Big Grin]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like to race: tell me again what my mom is? just curious.......is she blind like PunkinAwhateverptno's girl? im tellin you man, thats the hottest blind girl ever! [Razz]

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Uhmm if you think my girl is hot Jayl then you are blind nigga!!
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yep im blind, and rory is my seeing-eye-bitch haha, whats been up with you lately? everything been cool? hows the car comin? oh yeah and gayboy rory said hit'em up when you got a chance

[ August 01, 2002, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: jayl ]

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

No things havent been cool. Im dealin with it tho.

I like that fact that Rory is your little bitch I always thought he was.

what up?

Im cool lately and just got off the phone with Rory cakes.

jayl
¯
Member # 185

well if theres anything you need help with or whatever, just make the call man, and take it easy bro

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

thanks

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com