Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Is SAC cracking down on sub 11.50 street cars?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Is SAC cracking down on sub 11.50 street cars?
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering as i haven't been to the track in a while.

My buddy was asked to stop this past weekend after running low, low 11's in his sprayed Z06.

I guess they had someone handing out slips at this TNT.

p.s. Congrats Dale on the new best [worship] Almost to the elusive 10 sec slip [burnout]

[ January 29, 2007, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes they are starting to crack down on cars running quicker then 11.499 with no roll bars,seat belts,jackets and correct date helmets.I have knock on the door with 11.50s and they warned me I told them I know the rules I haven't run the number yet.

[ January 30, 2007, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
WolfPack
¯
Member # 7177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WolfPack  Ford pictures for WolfPack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was there this pass saturday. The tec guy ask me how fast my car is. I told him, he ask me if I had a jacket. I said no, I didn't know that I need one to race. [Confused] He said its cool this time but next time he will not let me race. Now, I dont know if he will let me race or not, but Im not going to waste all that time and gas driving from stockton to sac and not going to get to race. [Mad] Im going to get me a jacket so I dont have to warry about passing tec or not.

--------------------
IF you are not runnig with us, you are running from us.
Wolf Pack Racing

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WolfPack:
I was there this pass saturday. The tec guy ask me how fast my car is. I told him, he ask me if I had a jacket. I said no, I didn't know that I need one to race. [Confused] He said its cool this time but next time he will not let me race. Now, I dont know if he will let me race or not, but Im not going to waste all that time and gas driving from stockton to sac and not going to get to race. [Mad] Im going to get me a jacket so I dont have to warry about passing tec or not.

How quick is you car [Confused]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
he ask me if I had a jacket. I said no, I didn't know that I need one to race. [Confused] He said its cool this time.

He was actually just concerned for your well-being. I bet it was pretty cool out, he didn't want you catching a cold. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one guy crashes and gets hurts then sues with out proper saftey equipmet your nice track is gone.......... That being said I am just as guilty as the rest of you. The Oriville Drag strip was shutdown for that reason according to the rumor mill. My 69 had all the proper saftey equipment and it was nice not having to worry about it. LOL now if I ever finish it I have to upgrade everything again. [Frown]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

I'm definitely in full support of getting everyone up to par on the safety side......and i know there are quite a few of us here that are taking advantage of the "not-so-strict" enforcement of the rules.

I just don't want to spend thousands more to see the track a few times a year.

Guess i have to de-tune the car but that defeats the purpose of the KB [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

Looks like it may be time to sell the Cobra again [Frown]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

WolfPack
¯
Member # 7177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WolfPack  Ford pictures for WolfPack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went 11.23, 120 mph, 1.640 60ft. On 235 M/T drag raidals leaving at 2100. I need at more stall out of it.

--------------------
Wolf Pack Racing

WolfPack
¯
Member # 7177

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
he ask me if I had a jacket. I said no, I didn't know that I need one to race. [Confused] He said its cool this time.

He was actually just concerned for your well-being. I bet it was pretty cool out, he didn't want you catching a cold. [Wink]
No it wasnt that cold out that day. It was a nice day to me.

I would rather be safe than sorry. I just didnt know that I needed a jacket. I will have one the next time I go out, hopefully dip into the 10's.

--------------------
Wolf Pack Racing

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not trying to capitalize on the molment but i have a brand new never worn simpson single layer jacket(blue)XL if anyones interested. Give me half of what they go for at summit and its yours.
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know at Infinion, that if you have a AFTERMARKET poweradder you have to have a jacket. Doesn't matter if you run 12's-15's. They started enforcing that middle of last season at Infinion. Not sure if thats a new NHRA rule.

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:
I know at Infinion, that if you have a AFTERMARKET poweradder you have to have a jacket. Doesn't matter if you run 12's-15's. They started enforcing that middle of last season at Infinion. Not sure if thats a new NHRA rule.

i heard of that too. they have not talked to me yet. when i fill out the card i just say 4.6.

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wolfpack the boyz from the bay what an that nova agin so better up those jets an be ready
WolfPack
¯
Member # 7177

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
wolfpack the boyz from the bay what an that nova agin so better up those jets an be ready

OK. [Smile] I could race to night but I dont have any money and I sure they want to race for some where around 500. This saturday I will be working on my car agina. If they want to wait untill next weekend, if that is cool. I heard the mustang is not coming back out, to much gas to go out there. Now that is what I heard I dont know if its turn or not.

--------------------
Wolf Pack Racing

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was at sac 2 weeks ago and went bottom 11s and at low 120s and they didnt say anything.although my buddy went 11.20s and got asked to slow down.

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com