Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New best from saturday

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New best from saturday
TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURBOGT  Ford pictures for TURBOGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another new best

11.56 @ 121

The changes I made from last time were front coil over springs, M&H skinny front runner tires, and a maximum motorsports anti-roll bar. I lowered my sixty foots by over a 1/10" getting a best of 1.70. Launching at 5.5psi and dead hooking the BFG 18" drag radials. Boost is still at 15psi. I'm banging the rev-limiter the last 50' of the quarter mile so either some new gears are in order or maybe I'll see what the new motor will do with what i have.

I bought brand new Weld 17x9.5 alumastars and I was bolting them up at the track and one rim went fine. BUT.... when I got to the other rim i went to put a lugnut through it and the hole in the rim was too small!! I asked my buddy who was on his way to try and find me a drill bit so I could drill them out but no one had the right bit in stock so I was left to run the BFG's. I'm sure I would of had an 11.46 if I had those rear tires on but there's always next time.

Nothing blew up which is nice and we made the 2-hour drive home safe [dance]

--------------------
when u want some, u know where to get some... http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=41851.0

Posts: 361 | From: Bay Area, Ca | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sound's like You are doing something rite! Maybe You can raise Your rev limiter a couple hundred RPM to get You through the trap's.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURBOGT  Ford pictures for TURBOGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would but I'm worried about floating the valves because the valve springs have to be shot with the miles on the motor. I'm probably just going to say f--- it and do it next time [Big Grin]

--------------------
when u want some, u know where to get some... http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=41851.0

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You still running stock valvespring's? [Confused]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

yeah motor is stock from throttle body to oil pan with 164k on it

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definately one of the MOST impressive setups I've ever seen at SacRaceway.
Stone stock motor & 15psi...ultimate daily driver!

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Definately one of the MOST impressive setups I've ever seen at SacRaceway.
Stone stock motor & 15psi...ultimate daily driver!

That's sounds like what i had planned before i bought another Terminator lol [Big Grin]

Congrats on the ET [worship]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

Thanks! I'm just trying to play catch up with how fast you guys are going [Smile]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the new best. Gotta love the simplicity of your setup!

Now to just find a way to keep that starter cool. [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Congrats on the new best. Gotta love the simplicity of your setup!

Now to just find a way to keep that starter cool. [Wink]

Thanks [Smile] I'm going to make a heat shield and see if that works.

BTW: Someone found a video of my car making a pass last time. If anyone sees some passes from this weekend I'd appreciate a link! [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com