Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Back from the past "Silver Bullet" 11 second 3.8 V6 90 SC tbird

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Back from the past "Silver Bullet" 11 second 3.8 V6 90 SC tbird
Jim Demmitt Jr.
¯
Member # 2440

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jim Demmitt Jr.  Ford pictures for Jim Demmitt Jr.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Back from the past"

Some may remember the silver 90 SC tbird at Sac test & tune days runing 11's with 3.8V6 well its back hoping for 11.50's or lower. Its been a while so much happend in my family my tuner close friend my Dad and two borthers died so close to each other. Now it is Lone Wolf just me doing what I have been all my life please check out my web page to see my fathers race cars. Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving Holiday. Hope to see you at the 2007 test & tune at Sac-raceway

[ November 25, 2006, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Jim Demmitt Jr. ]

--------------------
Jim Demmitt Racing Web Page Pro Stock,A/FX,Super Stock,Pro Mod http://fordflashback.com/jd_fords.asp
NHRA T/S 7360

Posts: 49 | From: Pollock Pines CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim,

Sorry to hear of your loss...and welcome back. I had the privilage to meet you, and your father back in 02 I think at a test & tune night at Sac Raceway. I was extremely impressed at the times you guys were pulling out of the Super Coupe being a basically full weight car. I talked to you guys for a while one night a little about the Stock Eliminator car I was building. Excellent people!!! Hope to see you out, and best of luck reaching your goals with the car. I would love to see those cars your father owned in person. I love all the history, and can't wait to get the chance to talk to you again.

[ November 27, 2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Jim Demmitt Jr.
¯
Member # 2440

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Demmitt Jr.  Ford pictures for Jim Demmitt Jr.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank You (Notch1320)

This is so much appreciated cant waite to meet you again at the track. I am in the quest of tracking down a backer for the Blown alcohol 57tbird Pro Mod car the 90 SC is a fun deal just to keep in the grove of the bracket racing side. Now finaly getting things on track and getting back to racing hope to be as good as my father was the he wone the A/FX championship two years in a row in ANDRA that was neat to see. Will be at the 2007 season test & tune at Sac see you there thanks so very much

--------------------
Jim Demmitt Racing Web Page Pro Stock,A/FX,Super Stock,Pro Mod http://fordflashback.com/jd_fords.asp
NHRA T/S 7360

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM Sent
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jim i met you and your dad at the track a cpl yrs ago and raced you in the silver SC with my delapitated dailey beater 88 mustang dark blue big paint chips not sure if you remember. I distincly remember your car as several of my buds used to remark and "all together now", hold our ears hahaha. I mean this in all good humour though. Your web paige is cool [worship] Thats some very cool ford racing history there . Thanks for posting and very sorry for your loss. [patriot]
Jim Demmitt Jr.
¯
Member # 2440

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Demmitt Jr.  Ford pictures for Jim Demmitt Jr.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
season'd 88 Thanks!

I know the open headers on this high compression engine supercharged is very loud. I fired it up at the house and boy rings your ears [Eek!] Will have it back out in March at test & tune get that bugger in the 11.50's. Looking forward to seeing you guys again your Mustang and the others are fast need to keep up with you guys

--------------------
NHRA T/S 7360

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds awesome, other Jim! I also lined up a few times across from you w/ my green '92 LX that was about 1-2 tenths slower w/ 2 more cylinders. Talked w/ your dad a couple of times and his advice was always right on the money. Wish i could see it run. MAybe I wil have a business trip back to NorCal in '07.

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Jim Demmitt Jr.
¯
Member # 2440

Thanks Jim L.!

Think I remember your LX (FAST CAR) I went to a lower 1st gear in the trans stepped up to a 3000 stall converter and installed a trans brake took 60lbs out one seat. I think the lower 1st gear and higher stall conveter and trans brake will step it up got an EEC tuner to control the timming and fuel curve. Hope to meet you again great peope like make racing fun

--------------------
NHRA T/S 7360

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com