Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » vids of my race car...First time to the track

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: vids of my race car...First time to the track
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well got some shake down runs in...
best n/a was a 10.21 at 133.75 didnt get it on video....Also need to work out the back of the car but got some runs off and had some fun.
http://www.eosbikeclub.com/videos/Elky406Vega.wmv

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice runs, but what is up with the Boucing out of the hole?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
need to work with the back half of the car...the shock package is not right.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lookin good

when i get the new motor in the car we will have to line up, organge to orange [patriot]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
passes look good except that you porpoise a lot. How big of a shot are you using? Looks like a glide? What kind of 60s?

[ October 07, 2006, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

small shot still...cheater plate with 92 jets....going to step the motor program up a bunch...im on a stock 400 block and 11 to 1...Im going to a little m block and 427 inches at 14 to 1 and a pro race fogger.....This combo was to get the car going and try and get the car sorted out.....

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ya im elky406...Um my goals with this combo after getting shit sorted out was 9s n/a 8s bottle....
new motor program i would love to see a 9.5 and then the bottle to take another second off....I would love to see 145 n/a and 155 or so on the bottle....
Im having a hell of a time getting the car to 60ft.best n/a 60ft has been a 1.45.That sucks shit my small tire all motor small block mopar went 1.39.
Some of it is the really tall tire with the glide the other is the suspension.....I need some help with it being that this is the first big tire ladder bare car i have ever had.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yah I'd expect high 1.2s from your combo. The 60' is my problem too but hell I'm a small motor import on stock IRS so that's to be expected. Can't wait to see how your car does when finished.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

i would be happy with low 1.40s to high 1.30s on the motor and 1.20s on the bottle....

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com