Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » NEw to the fox world but went to the track already...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEw to the fox world but went to the track already...
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well anyway i just got my 90 fox about 4 weeks ago.Clean little lx 161000 miles full power a/c leather the works aod car.

Mods 5 lug swap and 4.10s
mass air 24lbs injectors
bbk shortys and x pipe
125 shot

12.69 at 110 on 295 50 15 winston winner street tires.
1.93 60ft at famosa.
The car had the shortys and the air filter i did gears 5 lug swap and mass and bottle.

Going to put converter and drag radials and try for 11s on a 100% stock motor,still spinning the a/c and smog pump. web page

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just slap a 150 Shoot on it with the DR's and you should be there. 110 With the 125 won't do it, but I do understand the winstons don't help. Looks like you are doing pretty well with your Fox. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] N20

Sounds like you are on good pace to keep knocking those ET's down! What kind of DR's are you planning to go with? How big of a stall?

There is another guy on this site, Jackpine 5.0, that is trying to get his stock motor Fox into the 12's with just suspension and tire mods. [Big Grin]

Keep us posted on your progress. Maybe come up and race in Sac sometime?

Drew [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn sounds good i would recomend some mickey thompson drag radials, lower control arms, drag springs in front [Razz] [Big Grin] and a 150 shot [worship]

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im going to box the control arms do bushings front drag springs mickey drag radial.something in the 27 to 28 tall and 10 wide.The converter is a 3200 stall.Im not going to up the shot till i do the intake and put the under intake plate on it.I may put maximum motorsports lowers but for now just beef up the stock ones....Im hoping with converter and drag radials i will be able to pull a low 1.70 high 1.60s on the unit for the 60ft.

Also i posted a link to the pic of the car....Not bad for 1800 bucks.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90lxfoxbody:
Im going to box the control arms do bushings front drag springs mickey drag radial.something in the 27 to 28 tall and 10 wide.The converter is a 3200 stall.Im not going to up the shot till i do the intake and put the under intake plate on it.I may put maximum motorsports lowers but for now just beef up the stock ones....Im hoping with converter and drag radials i will be able to pull a low 1.70 high 1.60s on the unit for the 60ft.

Also i posted a link to the pic of the car....Not bad for 1800 bucks.

I will reccomend www.edgeracingconverters.com for Your converter need's. Have You changed the stock valvespring's out yet? If not You should consider doing that also. Nice time's!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

I have heads and cam and intake already with all new valve train so im just playing to see how fast i can make the stock shit.I have a persecion converter already.Im going to freashen the trans with a nice sift kit and converter,then after that im going to do the motor shit....I just want to do it in stages to see the improvments i make along the way.

--------------------
Ya I own that Cobra

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats up Nate,I see your enjoying that stang [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com