Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » dyno Results

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: dyno Results
RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well...I had an up and down day, with some good and bad...Went down to Apex today to dyno tune, and ended up with 458rwhp/422rwtq @5800 rpm...after that it just dropped off, so I need more fuel (installing the '03 cobra pump/tank on Thursday)

Anyways, had some missing issues, had some issues with spark plugs (if you were there, you know what I'm talking about)

I came home, took the plugs out, and checked them...everything seems to be kosher, and we looked down the hole with a little fiber optic scope I had, so no damage to the interior of the engine!!!

Taking her to HCI on Thursday or friday, and they are going to install the tank/ wiring harness and check the engine all for free, just for my "hardship"

I was a little pissed at first, but now I'm stoked! I'll post who won the free tech card later

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is that SAE adjusted or the raw numbers?

pretty respectable either way!
can you post your graph?

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Too bad you didn't get the numbers you were hoping for. Look at it this way though. You have got a BAD ASS looking car. I still don't think you should take off the flames. [patriot]
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The numbers from today are misleading. The car will peak higher than what it did today.

We had to keep stopping the runs short because the car was going lean up top.

And we know what that does to spark plugs huh Eric? [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Eric!
Damn nice to see a 2valve motor put up some good numbers. Now lets see the track times. [Smile]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you take the flames off you're a moron....they look soooooooo fucking good.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eric, you are almost to the 500hp mark. Are you going to get it re-dyno'd after the fuel tank install? I bet she runs like a raped ape [Big Grin]

Talk to you soon. Those are great numbers.

Elwin

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice car! I love the flames on that thing don't even think of removing them! What up RO2USH! I met you at HCI along with my buddy the day you got your car back. That thing is screaming awsome!
You can definately get better number after the fuel upgrade. Good Luck!

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just picked up the tank/ pump the other day...haven't had a chance to put it in yet. However, here is a point that I'm going to check on. Turns out ROUSH designed the fuel pump setup for the 03 cobra, so the resevoir is basically the difference. Now, I was told that you would have to buy the pump and tank to make them work together. However, you should be able to buy just the pump, and the resevoir from ROUSH and save yourself a couple hundred bucks. Just for anybody that is interested.

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you planning to add bigger lines and rails too or just the tank and pump. Your over 500 hp at the crank and probably near the limit of the stock lines and rails.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Got new rails coming...they are adaptable to -8 or -10 if I remember right. If that doesn't work, bigger injectors and -10 all the way up...from an inline fuel pump. I got plenty of air, and plenty of engine, just not enough fuel!

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe, just maybe you will be the first to the magic 500 rwhp. I wish you luck.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

I DAMN WELL BETTER BE!!!

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com