Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Never been to the Drags at Sac

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Never been to the Drags at Sac
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey all,
I'm new here. I've never taken my car out to the drags but would like to do so soon. I live in Manteca but will be dropping my car off at the shop tomorrow but would like to just go and be a spectator before I go out and make a fool out of myself. Never really drag raced. Did take my bike out to Sears Pointe many, many years ago. Almost flipped it off the line [Embarrassed]

Iv'e got a few questions if someone would be kind enough to help me out. How do I get to the track? What nights do they have races? When do they start? Will I need to install a radiator overflow before running? Whats the cost spectator/race?

Thanks for any info. Hope to see some of you there.

Dave

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/
all your anwsers....

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok...We race Wed Night, Friday is TNT, then there are the occasional ET races, and Grudge fests... www.sacramentoraceway will fill you in better for that. However, Wed night, gates open at 4, I would be there at the latest 4:30, but no earlier than 3:30. Cost of races depend on the race. Wed night is $15, and that includes your entrance fee, and the fee for racing. Spectators are $6 on Wed, and the rest of the races vary.

edit: if you don't have a radiator resevoir, but you should for a 97, get one!

[ May 15, 2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: RO2USH ]

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks all. I looked at the site and will definately be there in the near future. Car is at HCI right now. Think I'll just check it out before racing either way.

I checked out the Sac raceway site. It said you need a roll bar if you run better than a 14 sec 1/4? Is this correct? Do all of you have roll bars? I'm guessing that my car is capable of a 13.xx if I can drive but really don't want a roll bar till I get a blower and a decent daily driver to take its place.

--------------------

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red97SVT:
Thanks all. I looked at the site and will definately be there in the near future. Car is at HCI right now. Think I'll just check it out before racing either way.

I checked out the Sac raceway site. It said you need a roll bar if you run better than a 14 sec 1/4? Is this correct? Do all of you have roll bars? I'm guessing that my car is capable of a 13.xx if I can drive but really don't want a roll bar till I get a blower and a decent daily driver to take its place.

only if you have a convertable, if you have a hard top you only need a snell 90 approved helmet

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah bring a helmet. I didn't think i would run better than 14.2 my first time out, when I hit a 13.9 they got pissed off cause I didn't have a helmet on. Luckly a friend of mine had brought his so my last run was with helmet. I don't know about any of you but do you run better with or without a helmet on. I didn't like it on. Do you get used to it?
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
only if you have a convertable, if you have a hard top you only need a snell 90 approved helmet

Thanks. Thats what I thought, but I didn't see it say convertable anywhere.

Thanks again everybody.

PS. I just started getting on some of these boards (stangnet, corral, modularfords etc...). I have to say this one rules. It may not be the busyest or have the most people, but it is definately the most fun! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com