Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So close part II (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: So close part II
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went to grudge tonight. Damn my driving is rusty haven't drivin in months. No one was there. I got 14 runs in with a lot of waiting also. I did manage to run a best tonight but it was no where near what I can run with some better driving. I went 13.047@105.056 a 1.777 60ft and 83.278 half track. Well I toss the keys to drew and he runs 12.742@105.852 a 1.679 60ft [Eek!] and that was early in the night. If he would have ran it again later who knows what he would have done. Well hopefully next time out my driving will be better and I will be running some 12s.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12.7 holy shit congratulations ay can you p.m me your phone# id like to take a look at your setup today if possible

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You were soo damn close man!

I missed your best run I think. I was so disgusted with my car and the fact that they wouldnt let me run anymore 11s so I let my buddy drive my car for some 12sec runs LOL.

Were you power shifting? Cuz your launches looked good to me, so I am asuming Drew was making up the differance in his shifting. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what was your best Justin?
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
11.82@114 1.62 [Frown]

I expected the MPH drop as I was running cats but my 60's are going to shit and I think this converter is crap so I am having it redone to a 3800 stall and may swap out my cam if that doesnt help.

Ohh, weighed my car also. 3500lbs and a race weight of 3650lbs [Frown]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post up a dyno graph and I'll try to calculate your theoretically ideal stall RPM. Did you ever figure out why your powerband went flat at upper RPM's?
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

I cant because my dyno sheets look like crap too. Thats one of the reasons I have to get rid of this converter. It acts whacko when you try to lock it on the dyno. So my power curve looks just like it did before I had the new springs put in.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eric, I'm not going to be home today. But we can get together sometime this week.

Justin, Ya my driving was off all night. I would launch and my foot kept coming off the gas, not to mention a lot of bad shifting. By the end of the night I started to figure out what was going on. My new clutch is engaging in a different spot and Its throwing my timing off. Just some practice and I'm there.

Spellbound
¯
Member # 1553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbound  Ford pictures for Spellbound    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
11.82@114 1.62 [Frown]

I expected the MPH drop as I was running cats but my 60's are going to shit and I think this converter is crap so I am having it redone to a 3800 stall and may swap out my cam if that doesnt help.

Ohh, weighed my car also. 3500lbs and a race weight of 3650lbs [Frown]

Justin, have you heard of PTS Extreme, for all your converter needs?

--------------------
Duane
2K1 WS6
2K2 ZO6

Posts: 36 | From: Diamond Springs | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome! Guess those itty-bitty stock manifolds on the 99+ cars are pretty restrictive. Need to hit the dyno. Big kudos to Drew for the driving, and more importantly, the involved install!

Jim.

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey man either way you look at it your car is a lot faster. Like you always tell me about my driving, "It's all about the practice." I will be in the same seat as you when I get my car out there. I will have plenty more power with that blower on and I havn't driven it in about 2 weeks and havn't raced once in 2 months. But good job Mark 12's are right there in Sight!!!!!! [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ro2ush Thanks for getting me that last run [Wink] To bad I couldn't do anything with it
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Awesome! Guess those itty-bitty stock manifolds on the 99+ cars are pretty restrictive. Need to hit the dyno. Big kudos to Drew for the driving, and more importantly, the involved install!

Jim.

The driving was nothing, now that install on the other hand! [Eek!] ....lol

Mark, keep at it man, your going to be in the 12's on every pass soon [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark I feel your pain....we'll see who gets their 12 first!! LOL [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91PONY:
Mark I feel your pain....we'll see who gets their 12 first!! LOL [Wink] [Razz]

Uh oh, she's callin you out! [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Heather when are you going next?
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure....gotta get my new DR's mounted.....I roasted those McCrearys last time! LOL [burnout]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

You better hurry. I'm going this week or next [Smile]
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tire for Tire.
....& Mark is toast. [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that would be a race id like to see. shes a really good driver but Mark is a man! [dance]
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
that would be a race id like to see. shes a really good driver but Mark is a man! [dance]

Oh! You better hope she doesn't see this! [Eek!]
*Ah ha! I quoted you so you can't edit.*
[Razz]

Mark NEEDS slicks to race her on Nittos.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:

Oh! You better hope she doesn't see this! [Eek!]
*Ah ha! I quoted you so you can't edit.*
[Razz]

Mark NEEDS slicks to race her on Nittos.

H/C/I............... shouldn't she beat the crap out of him anyways, and a lot of other people????

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol... me runs and hides [Big Grin]
Stimson
_
Member # 51

[ May 11, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Too funny! [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!] [dance]

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com