Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » auto insurance claim s2000

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: auto insurance claim s2000
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would like to collect the money and leave the car alone. i got a estimate from two places both 1600ish
but both acknowledge that the rear trim around the convertible top will have to come off and they will bill for that after. how do i get payed for that if i want to cash out? to take off that rear trim to get it properly repainted will be major hrs

[ 2015-01-15, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Mach916 ]

Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The insurence company has to deem the car not worth repairing if my memory serves me correct

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to Gamboas and get a high ass estimate from there, take that estimate to a shady shop that will do it cheaper and pocket the difference, duh.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Next week we'll do a tutorial about other insurance scams, like disability insurance or workers comp fraud. Taking things to a new level in dis bitch, lol

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is simple if you have a quality insurance company, you produce your estimate to them they have there adjuster estimator give his own quote and you just tell them you want the check for the damages and thats it! you dont have to repair it and no its not insurance fraud or a scam. I decided to do this a couple years ago when i was distracted by my son and backed my 1 ton van into my rx8 car $9,500 check for damages kept the car and repaired it my self!
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Next week we'll do a tutorial about other insurance scams, like disability insurance or workers comp fraud. Taking things to a new level in dis bitch, lol

Perfect. They cut off my ebt I need a newsource of income as well

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:
It is simple if you have a quality insurance company, you produce your estimate to them they have there adjuster estimator give his own quote and you just tell them you want the check for the damages and thats it! you dont have to repair it and no its not insurance fraud or a scam. I decided to do this a couple years ago when i was distracted by my son and backed my 1 ton van into my rx8 car $9,500 check for damages kept the car and repaired it my self!

My dad did this same thing with the supra he had, tow truck backed into it at a gas station and their insurance cut him a check for the shop he said he was going to take it to, he fixed it himself and pocketed the extra cash, just find a high ass estimate and tell them to cut you the check and then do what you want with it...

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope none of you who are "legally" defrauding insurance companies NEVER complain about the rates you pay. Remember you've contributed to higher costs = higher rates for everyone in the big picture.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
de frauding by making a claim? isnt this why we have full coverage, for an accident! maybe next time which hopefully there wont b i'll just say fuck no i like my car this way and leave it! your an idiot! but yes unforunately there is far to many people that scam and it does help drive up our costs
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its not fraud. i didnt key the car. i didnt have a choice but i do have a choice fix or not. i would just like to get paid what it would cost to repair back to oem condition. natomas auto body and kniesels auto body both did not add to take off the rear trim that would need to be taken off so it wont have a paint line.. its a 1k in labor because the whole interior needs to be pulled to get to that molding.
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you are going to cash out, you cannot put additional work/labor that is not visible without a tear-down. the only way you will get the additional work, is if you do get it repaired and a supplement is turned into the insurance company. sounds like you will have to take the estimate amount less your deductible if you plan on cashing out.

and no, its not insurance fraud in any way, it actually saves the insurance company money because 99% of the time there will be a supplement for additional labor/parts, or if you don't go to a direct repair shop for the insurance company, the labor rates will most likely be higher.

--------------------
91' Notch

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

web page

this is the molding im talking about. it goes above the trunk and is easy to see that it needs to be removed to paint.

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 LsX:
if you are going to cash out, you cannot put additional work/labor that is not visible without a tear-down. the only way you will get the additional work, is if you do get it repaired and a supplement is turned into the insurance company. sounds like you will have to take the estimate amount less your deductible if you plan on cashing out.

and no, its not insurance fraud in any way, it actually saves the insurance company money because 99% of the time there will be a supplement for additional labor/parts, or if you don't go to a direct repair shop for the insurance company, the labor rates will most likely be higher.

This.

Just last month a guy in a jetta turned into a gas station (on a yield) and jumped out in front of me (I had the right of way) so I had no choice but to T-bone his passenger side in my lifted 03' sierra... He is at fault, his insurance gives me an estimate of $2300 so I had the choice of keeping the money or taking it to a repair shop. Ofcoarse with that low estimate and me wanting my truck fixed, I take it to the repair shop and they dig into it and find a total of $4700 worth of damage and his insurance supplemented the additional cost and the repairs were made.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^same thing happened to my brother. Got hit by a tow truck. The gentlemen, at fault, insurance offered 2000. He took it to a shop. Ended up being 3300 in damage.

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
web page

this is the molding im talking about. it goes above the trunk and is easy to see that it needs to be removed to paint.

you need to get an estimate from an estimator who knows what they are doing.
if you just need an estimate from any shop, pm me with your info & insurance co. & claim # and send me pics

[ 2015-01-21, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: 5.0 LsX ]

--------------------
91' Notch

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL! Wahh, wahh.

Calm down. I didn't mean defrauding by filing a claim in general. You pay for the coverage, use it for God's sake. What I meant those people saying "Get a HIGH ASS ESTIMATE" and not referring to the OP's situation. It seem's the OP didn't get an accurate estimate off the bat based on what he said, but of course there are shops who purposely inflate repair estimates for their benefit OR to "cover" the insured's deductible. These tactics affect what we pay in the grand scheme of things, obviously.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com