Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I really hate the DMV

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I really hate the DMV
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My company has been bought out and we need to fill out new applications. .... Because I'm a commercial driver I needed to provide a current copy of my driving records. So over the past few days in my off time I've been trying to sign up and create an account. Just so I can pay 2 bucks for a printout of my records.

Long story short. The site keeps having issues so now I'm waiting in a the non appointment line for 2 hours for a fucking simple ass printout.

You know in Nevada they have little self service booths where you can take care of this kind of stuff. Why does this state have to continue protecting it's state employees and let us get in and get the fuck out!!!!

Rant Over [Frown]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Life's ruff dress according.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's the benefit of living in an overpopulated state

[ 2014-08-04, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Built88LX ]

Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Built88LX:
That's the benefit of living in an overpopulated state

+1 Yep. I ussually go at 710 am so I could be in the top 5 or 10 to be help at 8am.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man it took 1 hour and 15 mins. [BS flag]
Oh and 5.00 [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Blown_gt
¯
Member # 10698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blown_gt  Ford pictures for Blown_gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never go to the dmv without an appointment
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I go to the Fairfield one at lunchtime an been out of there less then a hour.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
I go to the Fairfield one at lunchtime an been out of there less then a hour.

Yup that's the one I went to. Normally if I'm leaving work I'll just hit the one in fairfield. I work in the industrial park off red top road.

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go NINERS

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I once went into the DMV and I was out in 10 minutes. No like and waited like 5 minutes no bs

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1NastyBullitt:
I once went into the DMV and I was out in 10 minutes. No like and waited like 5 minutes no bs

That was a once in a lifetime chance like winning the lotto
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whenever I go I'm in and out within 30 mins. No matter what the case may be. I think one time it took me an hour, but that was the longest.

[patriot]

[ 2014-08-05, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: KARATExxCHUCK ]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

StrokHer
¯
Member # 9244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrokHer  Ford pictures for StrokHer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go 40 min before closing. You should be out before they close. Usualy works for me.
Posts: 54 | From: Fairfield, Ca | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StrokHer:
Go 40 min before closing. You should be out before they close. Usualy works for me.

This is what i do for the hayward DMV office. I just go right after 4 and usually out of there in 30 to an hour depending how bad it is. The other week i went around 2 and it was horrible. Sat around for about an hour and a half waiting to get my tags.

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was able to get my printout thru the dmv website

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get AAA...most (if not all) branches have a DMV office inside the main office. This is the only way I deal with DMV nowadays. 10 min wait MAX!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NK2186:
quote:
Originally posted by StrokHer:

This is what i do for the hayward DMV office. I just go right after 4 and usually out of there in 30 to an hour depending how bad it is. The other week i went around 2 and it was horrible. Sat around for about an hour and a half waiting to get my tags.
This always works, they work the fastest near the end of the day because they dont want to stay after hours.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Get AAA...most (if not all) branches have a DMV office inside the main office. This is the only way I deal with DMV nowadays. 10 min wait MAX!

You can't get a cdl print out from AAA.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I'm not referring to AAA itself...I'm talking about the DMV office within AAA. I thought the DMV office within AAA functions the same as any other DMV office [Confused]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not referring to AAA itself...I'm talking about the DMV office within AAA. I thought the DMV office within AAA functions the same as any other DMV office [Confused]
An you would be wrong.they only thing they do is register your vehicle's.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://calstate.aaa.com/auto/dmv-services
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
My company has been bought out and we need to fill out new applications. .... Because I'm a commercial driver I needed to provide a current copy of my driving records. So over the past few days in my off time I've been trying to sign up and create an account. Just so I can pay 2 bucks for a printout of my records.

Long story short. The site keeps having issues so now I'm waiting in a the non appointment line for 2 hours for a fucking simple ass printout.

You know in Nevada they have little self service booths where you can take care of this kind of stuff. Why does this state have to continue protecting it's state employees and let us get in and get the fuck out!!!!

Rant Over [Frown]

<Insert blanket statement here about how union labor is quality labor>

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Yeah man I don't want to sounds like I hate union workers... But we all would have to agree we've seen our fair share of slackers.

--------------------

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Yeah man I don't want to sounds like I hate union workers... But we all would have to agree we've seen our fair share of slackers.

You could easily lay off 50% of the DMV workforce and have zero impact to wait times or customer satisfaction.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com