Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Lost keys

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost keys
D.R.E
¯
Member # 10484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.R.E  Ford pictures for D.R.E    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here has lost their keys to a foxbody and got a new set cut by a dealer or locksmith being the car is in my name with proof of course.

--------------------
Local 3 Operating Engineers member
1991 titanium frost coupe
1991 x chp coupe

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
locksmith can cut you new keys in minutes when i bought my fox it only came with an ingnition key 5 minutes later working keys

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
D.R.E
¯
Member # 10484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.R.E  Ford pictures for D.R.E    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You just gave the locksmith the vin??

--------------------
1991 x chp coupe

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Might be cheaper to replace the ignition and locks all together
D.R.E
¯
Member # 10484

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

Yeah just got a quote yesterday I don't if the guy was bullshitting me but 400 for the ignition and 200 for my doors and trunk I damn near fainted ha ha but yeah I guess that's my only route is changing the ignition out

--------------------
1991 x chp coupe

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by D.R.E:
quote:

Yeah just got a quote yesterday I don't if the guy was bullshitting me but 400 for the ignition and 200 for my doors and trunk I damn near fainted ha ha but yeah I guess that's my only route is changing the ignition out
Thats bank, i had a new key made at the dealer for an M5 with the alarm and electronic bullshit, only like 200 250

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can do it for you call me

Order a lock kit from 5.0 resto. But we can get an ignition from autozone till it cames

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Mizz Bad Azz Stallion
¯
Member # 1373

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mizz Bad Azz Stallion  Ford pictures for Mizz Bad Azz Stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just go to Pick N Pull they will cut you new keys for $40 with a real Ford key blank. It takes just 10 minutes for them to do no questioned asked. I just had it done cause I broke my only door key and I did it before in past for ignition keys same deal no issues.
Posts: 518 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mizz Bad Azz Stallion:
Just go to Pick N Pull they will cut you new keys for $40 with a real Ford key blank. It takes just 10 minutes for them to do no questioned asked. I just had it done cause I broke my only door key and I did it before in past for ignition keys same deal no issues.

no questions asked? i hope they atleast match the reg and DL

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Mizz Bad Azz Stallion
¯
Member # 1373

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mizz Bad Azz Stallion  Ford pictures for Mizz Bad Azz Stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mizz Bad Azz Stallion:

no questions asked? i hope they atleast match the reg and DL
Honestly, they didn't do any of that, just made the keys. I had all my paperwork on me so they could of asked but they didn't. I don't really feel they are shady, they just don't care or don't know they should be verifying everything.

--------------------
--------------
91 5.0 Notch "Red Beast"
91 LX Street Beast
93 LX Daily Driver
I will smoke you with high heels on!!!

Posts: 518 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Krz88lx
¯
Member # 4261

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz88lx  Ford pictures for Krz88lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I lost my keys one night from being a little to faded I found them the next day next to my garbage can lol

But that was a little to late already I had called a locksmith he came over worked his magic and cut me a key on the spot no vin required. This mistake cost me $100 for 1 ign key luckly my car was in the garage.

Good Luck [patriot]

--------------------
Krz4rd5

D.R.E
¯
Member # 10484

Thanks guys for the responses I jus ended up drilling the old ignition key cylinder out and went to kragen and copped one for $20 bucks I'll jus take the glove box cylinder out and have that cut lol thanks

--------------------
1991 x chp coupe

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

quote:
Thanks guys for the responses I jus ended up drilling the old ignition key cylinder out and went to kragen and copped one for $20 bucks I'll jus take the glove box cylinder out and have that cut lol thanks

i dont think you need to drill it out, theres a pin you depress and the ignition cylinder where key goes will slide out, then just slide new one in and align pin again..iirc

[ 2014-01-24, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:
quote:

Thats bank, i had a new key made at the dealer for an M5 with the alarm and electronic bullshit, only like 200 250
Damn it's $200 per key!? I have both my keys on my E46 but only one is programmed to start the car but the electronics don't work(have to manually unlock the car with the key) and the other key electronics work but it don't start the car.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18538 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com