Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Too old to drive???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Too old to drive???
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOLY SHIT, I'll volunteer myself now to give my licence back at 80. By then there should be some johnny cab shit for us.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/8-children-struck-car-jumped-002500517.html

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup old people shouldn't drive ... Been hit and run by a elderly my self and the old lady thought it was no big deal, she was 80 and was driving a sedandeville , a big boat . I told the chp officer that as I was following her till she stopped she almost had three more accidents and the officer didn't even care ,lol. I guess you have to mow down people before they take an elderly persons licence away

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck giving up my license at 90 i will be doing donuts in front of a elementary school yelling i dont give a fuck, throwing up ca fords hollering at the milfs
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think you should have to give up your license at any age, I strongly wish they would have elders retake the drivers test. I highly doubt a majority of them would pass first try.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hate to be the dick BUT.....

1) old people have been driving 50 years longer than me
2) technology is better.... power steering ????? thse people had to hand crank their shit to start it for crying out loud

am i wrong to think they should be better drivers than me ?

more experience

easier than what they learned on

im just saying......i have no compassion

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ban elderly driving at 80
Impose a teeth requirement for all drivers licenses, missing more than two teeth, or more than 1 tooth in the front min requirement. That should shut a lot of accidents down.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Negro please. My aunt Is 92 years old and drive better then most dudes on this site. She's never been in a wreak in her life. She lives out in Vacaville and doesn't drive much now. Only to the store to buy groceries and get gas.
I know another woman from Vallejo who lived to 100 years old and she gave up her L's @ 90 something..... Only because her 70 something year old daughter lived with her and drove LOL.

But this did make me think of south park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMPzRXYexLI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

79stanggt
¯
Member # 11197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 79stanggt  Ford pictures for 79stanggt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn hes fukn 101 years old hahaha he shouldn't be driving at all
Posts: 168 | From: atwater ca | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had an old customer come in who is 96 years old and he just passed the behind the wheel test. His licence is good till he's like 102 lol. And he really is a safe driver. A lot of old people think driving ridiculously slow is how to be safe, but that's actually hella dangerous. Driving too slow is more dangerous than driving too fast. I think drivers over 80 should be tested more frequently. If they are dangerous, no more driving. If they are safe drivers, let then drive.

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had an old customer come in who is 96 years old and he just passed the behind the wheel test. His licence is good till he's like 102 lol. And he really is a safe driver. A lot of old people think driving ridiculously slow is how to be safe, but that's actually hella dangerous. Driving too slow is more dangerous than driving too fast. I think drivers over 80 should be tested more frequently. If they are dangerous, no more driving. If they are safe drivers, let then drive.

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com