Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Mayweather vs Cotto May 5 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mayweather vs Cotto May 5
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Other than Pacquiao, Cotto is the only other opponent I would want to watch Mayweather fight. He will be systematically broken-down. Mayweather TKO in 10. What do u guys think?
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll say it now... Fuck mayweather lol

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
I'll say it now... Fuck mayweather lol

I'm with this guy! Between the dodging Manny, beating on his girl and going to jail and not being able to shut his mouth this guy can go away for all I care.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He isn't dodging Manny...Manny doesn't want to fight him...Mayweather openly challenged him a month ago and Manny refused...assault and battery are different...he has never been convicted of beating a women...His fame is what got him convicted...if he wasn't famous it would just be normal baby mama drama!...it is simple the Marquez fight showed Manny everything he needed to know about Mayweather...he doesn't have a chance...
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many times has manny called him out he comes up with stipulation/excuse after excuse he even got out o jail using a excuse what a joke

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Manny has never ever called Mayweather out...he has always said "I will fight whoever my promoter wants me to fight"...honestly I don't blame Manny I blame Bob Arum...
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
How many times has manny called him out he comes up with stipulation/excuse after excuse he even got out o jail using a excuse what a joke

What excuse got him out of jail?
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
R u serious wen Freddy roach said there is no one else to beat lol who else whos next huh. The judge release him on "contractual obligations" ie his so called fight with Manny before he was charged lol

--------------------
2004 tahoe

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
quote:

What excuse got him out of jail?
The exuse he used to get out of jail was he wanted to fight pacman and pacman's scared. Mayweather even called him personally and asked him to fight because manny's ducking him. But i guess thats smart because arum\pac and all you guys that like pac knows after pacman's last robbery that mayweather would whoop his ass pretty easy and no one wants to see the mighty steroid go down.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id rather him fight Martinez @ 150 or Canelo. But this was done more to hurt Manny's June 9th card, because a second fight with Cotto was his leading prospect. So this was more a business move. Mayweather will thoroughly outclass Cotto. But Cotto has whiskers on him. I do not see a stoppage coming out of this. Mayweather UD 12 rounds.

Mayweather V Manny is 100% on Bob Arum this time 100%. When it was announced Mayweather was going to jail. Arum was saying "well we were gonna fight him May 5th but he is going to jail". Then when he got the extension it turned to "Why fight in a smaller arena, we can make more money if we wait for the bigger arena". Then it went to "we are not considering Mayweather at this time". And this was to pursue a 4th fight with JMM? They have Manny by the balls. He has the worst boxing contract in history. His biggest take home was 7 million. Manny is getting raped, and it is now hurting his career. He needs to grow a pair and stop letting Arum make him look bad.

[ February 01, 2012, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Gay weather never called anyone the fight wasOn always been on Gayweather is always wanting to add stipulations and SuperRegulator and go above and beyond the boxing association when has Manny ever tested positive to drug abuse when has Gay wether tested positive for physical abuse on a female! He is a turd! And deserves to be Knocked the fuck out by Manny

--------------------
2004 tahoe

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
COTTO all the way! [Wink]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Gay weather never called anyone the fight wasOn always been on Gayweather is always wanting to add stipulations and SuperRegulator and go above and beyond the boxing association when has Manny ever tested positive to drug abuse when has Gay wether tested positive for physical abuse on a female! He is a turd! And deserves to be Knocked the fuck out by Manny

Bet you didnt know this. But one of Mannys stipulations for their first agreement was that Mayweather must weigh 145 coming into the ring. 2 pounds below the welter limit. And for every pound over 145 he weighs, Mayweather must pay 1mill to Manny out his purse. JMM did similar with Mayweather in their fight except the stipulation was 10k each pound over the welter weight limit Mayweather comes in at. So you want to talk about stipulations. Here you have a smaller guy challenging the naturally bigger man, then trying to shrink him and starve him prior to a match. Then trying to get 1 million per pound over he comes in at.
Blown85
¯
Member # 8219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blown85  Ford pictures for Blown85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Bet you didnt know this. But one of Mannys stipulations for their first agreement was that Mayweather must weigh 145 coming into the ring. 2 pounds below the welter limit. And for every pound over 145 he weighs, Mayweather must pay 1mill to Manny out his purse. JMM did similar with Mayweather in their fight except the stipulation was 10k each pound over the welter weight limit Mayweather comes in at. So you want to talk about stipulations. Here you have a smaller guy challenging the naturally bigger man, then trying to shrink him and starve him prior to a match. Then trying to get 1 million per pound
over he comes in at.

Finally some one that keeps up and knows about boxing I swear u and maddison are the only people that don't talk crazy when boxing comes up in this site..

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

1985 mustang coupe.
2002 745li white on white(RIP).
2003 harley davidson f-150.

Posts: 374 | From: Redwood City | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:

On Twitter and in a news conference Mayweather said that he wanted to fight no one but Pacquiao...he actually said "Pacquiao I have the date and venue set...let's make the fight happen...set up punk!"...he even called Pac to hash out all the particlulars...offered Manny a 40million guarantee to fight...Manny rejected it and asked for 50/50 revenue split...but Manny forgot in a recent interview he said he would take less than 50/50 to make the fight happen...so Mayweather called his bluff and Manny decided not to fight...it is Manny being unreasonable...ask Cotto...Manny wanted a rematch with Cotto at 147 for Cotto's 154lb title...when Cotto said 150-154 Manny decided to pass on Cotto...again being unreasonable...n8 Mayweather vs Martinez will happen in November or December because Manny will be fighting the Marquez vs Peterson winner...or Top Rank's 4 man tournament...Mayweather vs Pacquiao won't happen until it is pacquiao's last fight so Arum his promoter can suck every last dollar out of his cash cow...
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The endless banter every time mayweather and PAC are mentioned. They both suck if they can't find a way to fight. They need to stfu and box

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
The endless banter every time mayweather and PAC are mentioned. They both suck if they can't find a way to fight. They need to stfu and box

Manny has Arum in his way. But for the most part I agree on this sentiment.

Rmad
I thought Peterson was ordered to rematch Khan?

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Hot off the press. I just heard this from a very reliable source. Floyd HAD to find a opponent for May 5th pronto. He is going to make a substantial donation to the city of Las Vegas and avoid any jail time. But there is a small part that is hinged on a November fight with Manny. Which supposedly is almost agreed upon.

This source is right about 98% of the time. Lets see what happens.

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Peterson doesn't want the fight and Arum is trying to set pacquiao up for November...roach wants Peterson for Pacquiao...the fourth in the tournament is Bradley who will be the opponent on June 9th...if Floyd goes to jail he will not fight pacquiao in November...
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cotto cuts very easily and has trouble with fast fighters. Cotto whole face was swollen and bruised in his last fight with margacheato. who barely hit him cause cotto ran the whole fight. i see this as an easy win for floyd within 10 rounds to set up a fight with manny in november. if they dont fight in november it will NEVER happen

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Blown85
¯
Member # 8219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blown85  Ford pictures for Blown85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like the fight is official, any one know at what weight?

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

1985 mustang coupe.
2002 745li white on white(RIP).
2003 harley davidson f-150.

Posts: 374 | From: Redwood City | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you follow boxing Arum said from the beginning this fight would not take place. First Manny's cut needed to heal, then after that he started saying they can't fight because they don't have enough time to build a stadium, and his last excuse was he doesn't even know who represents Floyd in negotiates since he has no promoter so he can't make a fight happen.

I wouldn't believe a Bradley vs Manny fight until its signed. Bradley poses to much of a treat to Arum's money making machine. They will find a way to get Peterson vs Manny.

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:
Originally posted by 4eyecharge:
Looks like the fight is official, any one know at what weight?

154 for Cotto's WBA title
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
If you follow boxing Arum said from the beginning this fight would not take place. First Manny's cut needed to heal, then after that he started saying they can't fight because they don't have enough time to build a stadium, and his last excuse was he doesn't even know who represents Floyd in negotiates since he has no promoter so he can't make a fight happen.

I wouldn't believe a Bradley vs Manny fight until its signed. Bradley poses to much of a treat to Arum's money making machine. They will find a way to get Peterson vs Manny.

Funny thing is Arum also said that Mayweather vs Cotto would never happen and that Cotto would stay with his promotion company...Peterson would actually be just a tough as Bradley...either one would be high risk low reward...Peterson was requested by Freddie roach for his revenge from the khan loss...I don't think there is an opponent for Pacquiao short of Martinez at 150 that would be better than Mayweather vs Cotto...Also if Floyd goes to jail I doubt he would entertain a comeback fight being Pacquiao 3 months later...
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck mayweather and bob arum...i dislike both of them for obvious reasons. all of boxing and fans can blame bob arum for not taking this fight. smh. i just wish pacman was more "in charge" of his fights...hes just too soft spoken!!!

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com