Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Some updated pics of the FALEEN! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Some updated pics of the FALEEN!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most of you know that I just picked up this 98 Cobra Faleen a few weeks ago...at that point I wanted to switch out the wheels for something that would make my car stand out from the crowd..so I did something about it [Wink] I also added some "little touches" to it to make it seem like even more of a FALEEN [Big Grin]

Here's what I did since I picked it up:
-Swapped the Eiback ProKit springs for H&R Race springs
-SALEEN windshield banner
-FALEEN front bumper build number (its actually my SVT build number)
-Painted the tail light bezels matte black
-Powder coated my wheels white
-Saleen license plate frame

For now I think I'm done with the cosmetic portion of the car...I "might" try to lower the front a little more and possibly tint the windows a little bit, but I'm pretty satisfied with it as it sits. Upcoming mods are some Maximum Motorsports goodies and an X-pipe...then that'll be it for a while. Let me know what you guys think [patriot]

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ June 28, 2010, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks nice bro! Keep up the good work... Lmk when u wanna sell it! [Big Grin]
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks great Ian... [patriot]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clean! hold onto this one for a while..

how did you go about painting the bezels on the tail lights? i've been contemplating on painting mine. did you sand them, rattle can shoot, etc? thanks.

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's really clean man I like that.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
clean! hold onto this one for a while..

how did you go about painting the bezels on the tail lights? i've been contemplating on painting mine. did you sand them, rattle can shoot, etc? thanks.

Thanks for the compliments fellas! I'm definitely going to keep this one. It has a lot of sentimental value (already) because my wife and daughter have personally told me they like it [Smile] I've never heard that from my wife in the past, even with all the other cars I've had in the past. My wife actually wanted to take it out today...which is why I had a photo-op on our way home [Whoo Whooooo!]

As for the tail light bezels, I've done it on 94/95 style and on 96-98. The 96-98 is WAAAY easier becuase they detach from the tail light, unlike the 94/95 tails where you have to mask off the light part and the "bezel" part. On this car, I removed the bezels, sanded them to roughen the surface and remove the gloss, then I applied multiple light coats of matte black rattle can paint. As long as you take your time, it'll turn out great! If you apply the coats too thick, you'll get lots of dripping. good luck!

--------------------

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Deffinately clean. Im still a huge fan of that yellow GTS. Wish I coulda bought it.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dp...

[ June 28, 2010, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good bro. The next car I wanted to do would of been a white on white fox or sn-95.

Did u run urethane iso's on the H&R's? Judging by the height id say ur running the top and bottom?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good Ian... All u néed now is a speedster hood

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Looks good bro. The next car I wanted to do would of been a white on white fox or sn-95.

Did u run urethane iso's on the H&R's? Judging by the height id say ur running the top and bottom?

Thanks T...white on white looks real clean in person. I never thought I'd do it since I didnt want to on my 95 cobra, but after slapping these wheels on I have to say its a real clean look!

As for the iso's, no, I actually removed the top and bottom. It's weird how the front still sits high [Frown] I have adjustable rear control arms and they're set all the way up because my front is just to high to lower the rear. I'm thinking about cutting 3/4 of a coil from the front springs to bring it down a bit. I've been reading up on it on svtp and a lot of people do it on their 03/04 cobras and it makes a world of a difference. I'l wait a little bit to see if they settle in more... [patriot]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
Looks good Ian... All u néed now is a speedster hood

Thanks Alex...yea, a speedster hood or a cowl hood would really finish it off, but I'm not going to try too hard to find one right now. If it pops up I'll pick it up, if not, I'll just focus my attention on the suspension mods.

BTW...I was going to go to the Alameda Base today to snap some pics but I figured I'd wait for you guys to take a group pic out there. Let me know when you're ready [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah man if the springs are new id give em a few weeks to settle. The race springs I ran on my fox had about a 1 finger gap all the way around with just the top iso in

I know the 03/04 cobras have a specific rate spring so when I lower my car I'm just gonna cut the stocks and it will leave the rate the same. And the aftermarket sprigns for them are all specific rate also which is why guys cut them. But I think the springs for your car are a progressive rate so if you do cut them its going to throw off the spring rate and may make them a little unpredictable. I believe you switching over to fox front shocks will lower the car a little. But if your front springs are specific rate then id say cut em

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks real good [patriot] .
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn bro you stole my idea of powdercoating saleens lol... I have plans for a faleen clone just like you...but will have 99-04 saleens not the speedlines..

Maybe we should do a photoshoot of the two clones once I'm done

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
Damn bro you stole my idea of powdercoating saleens lol... I have plans for a faleen clone just like you...but will have 99-04 saleens not the speedlines..

Maybe we should do a photoshoot of the two clones once I'm done

At this point, you'd be stealing MY idea if you do the whole white Saleen clone [Razz] j/k hahah...yea, when you finish it definitely holla at me and we'll snap some pics. There's a lot of clones running around but doing it "right" is key [Wink] me and a couple members here plan to do a "clone photoshoot" soon so get on it!

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:

Thanks T...white on white looks real clean in person. I never thought I'd do it since I didnt want to on my 95 cobra, but after slapping these wheels on I have to say its a real clean look!

As for the iso's, no, I actually removed the top and bottom. It's weird how the front still sits high [Frown] I have adjustable rear control arms and they're set all the way up because my front is just to high to lower the rear. I'm thinking about cutting 3/4 of a coil from the front springs to bring it down a bit. I've been reading up on it on svtp and a lot of people do it on their 03/04 cobras and it makes a world of a difference. I'l wait a little bit to see if they settle in more... [patriot]

the 03/03 cobra H&R race springs I have on my fobra took about 2 weeks to settle, and it's dumped in the weeds now, I'm running upper isolators in the front, and lower isolators in the rear...just playing around seeing how the uppers and lowers affect ride height and NVH. The exhaust under the IRS scrapes, the cats scrape, the front k-member X-brace scrapes, the tip of the stock GT bumper even hits some driveways, let alone the little air dam underneath is always scraping on shit.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice car

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sick! Very nice Ian!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vendicated_03gt  Ford pictures for vendicated_03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey bro , the onlu thing id do to ur car or i suggest you do is some exhaust tips. some 3 1/2 inch tips maybe strait cut , or a 15 degree angle cut tips would give it the final touch , im just saying. lol

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt
o/r xpipe,cat back, AEM intake, C&L mass, 3.73 gears, PP tb,PP Elbow

Posts: 616 | From: Cen*Cal 209 Manteca-Los Banos | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by vendicated_03gt:
hey bro , the onlu thing id do to ur car or i suggest you do is some exhaust tips. some 3 1/2 inch tips maybe strait cut , or a 15 degree angle cut tips would give it the final touch , im just saying. lol

That would defeat the purpose of going with the clone theme Borla intercooled tips go hand in hand with saleens

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by vendicated_03gt:

NEVER! The exhaust tips on my car are the original tips that came on the sn95 Saleens! This is one of the features on the car that makes people think it's a true Saleen...try finding these exhaust tips for sale anywhere [Wink]

--------------------

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like a lots! the only thing i would personally change is a cobra front bumper,

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hanson:
i like a lots! the only thing i would personally change is a cobra front bumper,

you must be joking, right [Roll Eyes] A cobra front bumper with a Saleen kit?!?! I guess to each his own [Cool]

--------------------

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hanson:

that would throw the hole car off from being a faleen. looks good how it is [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com