Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Washing the car???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Washing the car???
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are you guys using to wash your cars? I just wasted a half hour using zip wax wash and a autozone soft scrubby. I was barely get the surface dust off....my finger was removing more dirt and smugges. My grease prints from overhauling the engine for the last few months felt like stains.
The car is egg white
any tips

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i use meguiars gold class. car always has a good shine when im finished. i use a micro fiber mit also to minmize scatches and swirls

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A dilluted mixture of simple green. Just spray on the grease marks. Should probably rewax after.
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
honestly, take your car to a pressure wash place and do it there.

or, chevron TOUCH LESS car wash works great. its what i use inbetween wax jobs on all of my cars

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.zainobrothers.com zaino is the lst car wash and wax you will ever use

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gold Class for me also.

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a zaino grit guard bucket, and I have a soft cotton washing mit with lots of little dred like fingers. I use gold class car wash liquid.

I use a seperate 5 gallon bucket and tire wash sponge (has foam on 2 sides and bristles on the other 2) to wash the wheels and tires, I use a seperate towel for drying the wheels and edges of the wheel wells.

wash every weekend and you won't have enough grime to worry about.

twice a year I do a full 5 step wash and wax starting with dawn dish washing soap which strips the old wax off, then clay bar, then polish, then seal, and finally wax.

on the interior I use 303, and zaino z9/z10 for leather cleaning/conditioning.

I have a 'spot bot' shampoo machine that I use on all of the carpets/soft surfaces after vacuuming.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DetailAddict  Ford pictures for DetailAddict  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
took some pics for you folks...

soap (it's actually a bit tilted)
 -

rest with water
 -

at "A"
 -

at "E"
 -

--------------------
DetailAddict.com | T: 408-988-2400
ACE TurboStick | Camspray | Defelsko | Detail Addict | Edge | Gilmour | Menzerna | Metro | P21S

Posts: 185 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DetailAddict  Ford pictures for DetailAddict  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
off the top of my head...

- all mf must machine washed twice before use and use on no more than 1 car
- prep the dual bucket system by cleaning out the buckets and grit guards first
- have grit guard in each bucket
- use hot/warm water and water softening system
- pressure wash the car top down to get rid of the 'big' stuff
- foam down the car
- prep the rinse and soap bucket
- use short nap MF (long nap mf and sponge trap dirt too easily for my taste)
- wash top down and 2'x2' area
- bottom half, bumpers, and side skirts last
- rinse down the car with zero pressure and sheer off the water
- dry with waffle drying mf, light drag no rub, again, top down
- compress air blow out all gaps, blot dry with waffle mf

Leo

--------------------
DetailAddict.com | T: 408-988-2400
ACE TurboStick | Camspray | Defelsko | Detail Addict | Edge | Gilmour | Menzerna | Metro | P21S

Posts: 185 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
i_am_handles
¯
Member # 6344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i_am_handles  Ford pictures for i_am_handles    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
regualr dish soap. a little in a bicket. cuts grease

--------------------
chevy driver but ill drive a coupe

Posts: 128 | From: middle of a intersection | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com