Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » verizon droid users

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: verizon droid users
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i basically hate my enVy touch and theres a promotion goin on right now to where i can get the droid. anyone on here have it. if so how do you like it, anything thing to watch out for or avoid

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the enV Touch and love it.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
everybody has that damn phone! [Mad]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

rozwell911
¯
Member # 9917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rozwell911  Ford pictures for rozwell911    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love the droid better than my first or second gen iPhone.

The screen is intuitive, though not as easy to use as the iPhones screen for some apps...But the added slid out key baord and directional buttons addes a feature for those hard to touch links(i have big fingers, so somtimes i fat finger links on the touch screen)

I have not noticed a lack of apps out there....there is apps for everything. Many of the same iPhone app companies are also making droid apps...so you cannot go wrong there either.

By far the best feature of the phone, the built in google maps and navigation system. The screen is slightly larger than most garmin navs but it gives you turn by turn directions via voice also and automaticlly updates your route if you stray off course.

Also, one of the better features (if your into this stuff)is that it will interface with your gmail contacts and your facebook contacts. So you could automaticly see updates or get your mail pretty much instantly on your phone. It functions better than the iPhone in that respect IMO.

There are some draw backs, when it debued with android 2.0, the phone would sometimes randomly shut off, but seems to be fixed with android 2.1 that just came out for this phone. Also, the battery cover (which is the only part of the phone rubberized) likes to sometimes slip off if you pull it out of your pocket or rub up agains something if its on a belt clip. the camera button does not go directly to the camera like it should (but you may be able to change that in the options, i haven't bothered with it yet).

One minor quirk has to do with text messaging....when setting up a new contact theres a box next to where you put the persons phone number that lets you label the number. Default for this is "Home"....make sure you change it to "Mobile" if it is a persons cell number or it will not bring up that contact when you are writing a new text message...i found this out and had to manually change all 200 of my contacts to correct the issue.

A few things to get if decide to get the phone:
In the app store is someting called Advanced Task killer....download it....it kills all the apps running in the back ground to save battery life.

the car docking cradle from motorola...it automaticly switches it to car mode so it gives you full access to nav, maps, contacts, without having to fish them out on your home screen.

theres more, that i cannot think of right now...so any questions you have, ask away.

Lupe

--------------------
2007 GT Vista Blue
-Hurst Short Shifter
-Bassani X-pipe
-Bassani Axle Back
-MAC RAI
-AED Tuned 296.7 RWHP and 333.8 RWTQ

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my girl works for verizon im going to ask her the goods and bads

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DROID FTW!
Posts: 3653 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rooted Droid with Droid Mod 1.0. Nearly replaced my laptop except for editing large files. Only thing is I wouldn't want to pay the monthly data fees out of my own pocket.
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Droid all the way haven't got on my lap top either only for major things.only thing is no slinplayer and falshplayer available yet.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:

find out when the iPhone is coming to verizon i heard we get to have one too [Big Grin]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
quote:

find out when the iPhone is coming to verizon i heard we get to have one too [Big Grin]
ok ill find out the scoop today if thats true i want one too

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

ok ill find out the scoop today if thats true i want one too
The rumor is it's in the 3rd quarter. They have the license and already have a cdma prototype reported last month. IMO droid > iphone especially for work. But iphone is a better novelty, media player, and fun factor.
username1822
¯
Member # 8583

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for username1822  Ford pictures for username1822    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Why would you want a phone that only lets you do things that APPLE says you can? [Roll Eyes]

Android is completely open. Anyone and everyone can create apps however they want and don't need "approval", unlimited customization, 3rd party apps, more platforms (phones) to choose from running android, etc, etc. 99% of the popular iphone apps are also available on android as well and most of them time you can get them for free.

--------------------
95 GT

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

They do have a jailbreak but I do agree that the hardware is inferior to the droid and linux tops any OS. Iphone will sell because it's still a fun phone to use and lots of 3rd party accessories.

[ April 22, 2010, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: essasin ]

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blackberry Tour over here son! [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 18536 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rozwell911:
I love the droid better than my first or second gen iPhone.

The screen is intuitive, though not as easy to use as the iPhones screen for some apps...But the added slid out key baord and directional buttons addes a feature for those hard to touch links(i have big fingers, so somtimes i fat finger links on the touch screen)

I have not noticed a lack of apps out there....there is apps for everything. Many of the same iPhone app companies are also making droid apps...so you cannot go wrong there either.

By far the best feature of the phone, the built in google maps and navigation system. The screen is slightly larger than most garmin navs but it gives you turn by turn directions via voice also and automaticlly updates your route if you stray off course.

Also, one of the better features (if your into this stuff)is that it will interface with your gmail contacts and your facebook contacts. So you could automaticly see updates or get your mail pretty much instantly on your phone. It functions better than the iPhone in that respect IMO.

There are some draw backs, when it debued with android 2.0, the phone would sometimes randomly shut off, but seems to be fixed with android 2.1 that just came out for this phone. Also, the battery cover (which is the only part of the phone rubberized) likes to sometimes slip off if you pull it out of your pocket or rub up agains something if its on a belt clip. the camera button does not go directly to the camera like it should (but you may be able to change that in the options, i haven't bothered with it yet).

One minor quirk has to do with text messaging....when setting up a new contact theres a box next to where you put the persons phone number that lets you label the number. Default for this is "Home"....make sure you change it to "Mobile" if it is a persons cell number or it will not bring up that contact when you are writing a new text message...i found this out and had to manually change all 200 of my contacts to correct the issue.

A few things to get if decide to get the phone:
In the app store is someting called Advanced Task killer....download it....it kills all the apps running in the back ground to save battery life.

the car docking cradle from motorola...it automaticly switches it to car mode so it gives you full access to nav, maps, contacts, without having to fish them out on your home screen.

theres more, that i cannot think of right now...so any questions you have, ask away.

Lupe

This +2

Love my droid...switched over from the iPhone and never looked back

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

rozwell911
¯
Member # 9917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rozwell911  Ford pictures for rozwell911    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:

Love my droid...switched over from the iPhone and never looked back [/QB]

I'd have to agree...i also find it's built in mail app for work e-mail easier to set up and use than the iPhone version....I agree with a lot of the posters here, for multimedia, the iPhone is the better tool. (Driod has no flash support yet).

But if you use the droid for work, and mild to average multimedia, this is the phone for you...

I wish You Tube on the droid would load faster on my phone....even with wifi, it loads slower than my iPhone.

--------------------
2007 GT Vista Blue
-Hurst Short Shifter
-Bassani X-pipe
-Bassani Axle Back
-MAC RAI
-AED Tuned 296.7 RWHP and 333.8 RWTQ

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by username1822:
quote:
quote:

Why would you want a phone that only lets you do things that APPLE says you can? [Roll Eyes]

Android is completely open. Anyone and everyone can create apps however they want and don't need "approval", unlimited customization, 3rd party apps, more platforms (phones) to choose from running android, etc, etc. 99% of the popular iphone apps are also available on android as well and most of them time you can get them for free.

x2
I have the samsung moment by sprint. the andriod software is off the hook. I swapped out my skin and icon interface, looks way off from other phones and it was all free apps. the iphone is just overated now.

im going get the new htc EVO in june. the first 4G phone with a 8.0 dual flash camera. the screen is bigger then the iphone as well. Sprint is the shit!

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In 2 days Verizon is coming out with a new phone called The Incredible..im getting it!!! its better than the droid and the droid eris combined!

--------------------
To be or not to be

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com