Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Drag Racing.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » So I finally took my car back to sac raceway today..

Author Topic: So I finally took my car back to sac raceway today..
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after about a year and a half I finally took my 5.0 back to sac raceway. To say that I was a litle bit rusty is an understatement. It was pure commedy as I "attempted" to do a burnout. My car got sideways and i almost hit the tree lol! I guess I did not get on the brake hard enough. At first i was very discouraged but I can"t lie that shit was hilarious! I know Dustin (Epik) was about to piss on himself cause he was laughin so hard! I did this on three occasion and everyone was cracking up! So I finally take off and I ran I high 12 with 2.1 60 and i trapped about 113mph.

Before I had only been shifting at 6000 rpm (redline) but this time Someone suggested i try 6500. (past redline) I gained a little over 3mph doing this and it still felt like it had more in it. Brandon was working that day and he offered to give me a few tips in doing burnouts and he also offered to drive my car to see if he could get a better time then me. He trapped almost 115 mph and ran a best of 12.4. He said my shifter sucks! ha ha!

I took his advice and I improved my 60ft to a best of 1.70. My best time of the day was 12.1 at about 115mph needless to say I was pretty damn happy. I think my tach is off because i shifted at about 7000rpm and it was still pulling! On my last run my car was almost out of gas so it pinged a little at high speeds on my last run which netted me a 12.2 at 113mph That was with a 1.70 60ft. If i had more fuel iI"might" have got an 11.9 I think I am going to do a couple more tweeks to my car like a tune up and bump the timing and fuel pressure up a little as well as get an accurate tach. Racing is once again fun for me and I plan to go back next week to try for an 11 and then I will ad a 100shot and go for a 10.9 ha ha ha! All in all it was a good day for my 5.0

P.S. whenever Kanye (50 deep) would like to race I will be more than happy to drag his car down the highway [Big Grin]

[ March 06, 2010, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good sh#t Damani, Congrats.Your car is movin!!! I wish I didn't have to leave so I couldve have stuck around to see the low 12.1. I told you the car had A LOT more in it!!!

Not gonna lie, your 1st couple of burnouts were hella comical, but I can't really talk I'm still a noob my damn self...

[ March 06, 2010, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Good sh#t Damani, Congrats.Your car is movin!!! I wish I didn't have to leave so I couldve have stuck around to see the low 12.1. I told you the car had A LOT more in it!!!

Not gonna lie, your 1st couple of burnouts were hella comical, but I can't really talk I'm still a noob my damn self...

ha ha! I was laughin at my ateempts to do a burnout to. Once you left, I was doing burnouts like john force lol!

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:

ha ha! I was laughin at my atempts to do a burnout too. Once you left, I was doing burnouts like john force lol!

--------------------

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, I wish I could have been there, it will be awhile before I am back at the track. What tires are you running BLACK GUY?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
Congrats, I wish I could have been there, it will be awhile before I am back at the track. What tires are you running BLACK GUY?

Mickey thompson E.T streets, I think I need to do a couple of tweaks to it like bump up my fuel pressure and timing. i might be able to squeeze out an xtra mph or two that way.

--------------------

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got some C16 if you need it, so you can crank up that timing

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I got some C16 if you need it, so you can crank up that timing

ya know, I might take you up on that offer. Maybe I can bring it by your house next week? I think I might need your help with a couple of things if you are not to busy. i wanna make sure I got all my bases covered for the next time i go out

--------------------

Mean 5.0
¯
Member # 9822

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mean 5.0  Ford pictures for Mean 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im curious, what all do you have done to your car? Stock suspension? What size tires are you running? Gears?
Posts: 93 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we can linem up anytime...ima be racin u in a hayabusa tho [Big Grin] ..lol jk..whats your combo?

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
we can linem up anytime...ima be racin u in a hayabusa tho [Big Grin] ..lol jk..whats your combo?

heads and cam 347.

--------------------

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice! 11 sec coming soon! What's the rest of the combo?

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
Nice! 11 sec coming soon! What's the rest of the combo?

Afr 185's (unported) comp cam springs (not the shitty AFR upgraded springs)

1- 5/8 longtubes ( no cats)

30lb injectors

255 fuel pump

RPM 2 intake

anderson n/a power pipe

electric fan

355 gears

It has some other misc things as well but It also still has a/c etc I think i need to check my base timimg and bump it up a little bit. It has a custom tume already but i think it might of been done on the conservative side.

--------------------

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

ill race you busa vs busa [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

heads and cam 347.
want to line them up with my 347 [Big Grin] . I havent taken it out yet to see what it does.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
quote:

heads and cam 347.
want to line them up with my 347 [Big Grin] . I havent taken it out yet to see what it does.
Sure, come to sac raceway [patriot]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
P.S. whenever Kanye (50 deep) would like to race I will be more than happy to drag his car down the highway [Big Grin]

What the fuzz ever. Only thing u will be dragging down the highway is my 94 Hyundai Excel when I got 4 fat girls squished in it. 3 for me and 1 for you because I'm a nice guy
[Big Grin] . And u know my lil 306 was trapping 111 before the tune. If I can trap 113 u might have some issues my friend

Car ran Good times though man. You definitely can get an 11 second slip on some slicks. Wish I could have made it out there. Car looked/sounded good when you brought it by the house. Gotta throw a cobra rear bumper on that thing though

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:

What the fuzz ever. Only thing u will be dragging down the highway is my 94 Hyundai Excel when I got 4 fat girls squished in it. 3 for me and 1 for you because I'm a nice guy
[Big Grin] . And u know my lil 306 was trapping 111 before the tune. If I can trap 113 u might have some issues my friend

Car ran Good times though man. You definitely can get an 11 second slip on some slicks. Wish I could have made it out there. Car looked/sounded good when you brought it by the house. Gotta throw a cobra rear bumper on that thing though

Man, i put those exhaust tips on that car back in 1998 lol! So yeah, I definately need to update some things lol! By the way, Thanks for the compliments

PS. You will never beat me!... ha
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Mean 5.0
¯
Member # 9822

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mean 5.0  Ford pictures for Mean 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i cant wait to get back, sounds like there is some decent racing action in sac still... [Smile]
Posts: 93 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  :

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com