Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I am back

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I am back
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This last week my Fire Academy put us on a NOLS trip for our L380 Leadership class. It was pretty cool. We hiked 45 miles in 6 days with a 45+ lb pack on, our estimated elevation gain was around 8,000ft. It rained 3 days out of the 6. We did a lot of creek and river crossings. i got a mild case of trench foot from my boots being wet all the time. Most painful thing i have ever felt especially hiking 9 miles on it in one day. i also got a cold which sucks. Hoping to possible take the Fastback out tomorrow if its nice.
I think i lost about 10lbs, my tent crew pretty much lived off water haha. We cooked some, one night we had a pizza/burrito, i forgot the name of them.

[ February 27, 2010, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats fuckin badass man. im applying to all the city depts i can right now. not to much out there as far as job openings. Davis has a few guys retiring in 2 years and my neighbor is a cap there so hopefully i can get my foot in the door. props to you for doing the job you do.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sounds like quite a time. I bet a hot shower was like heaven after that.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah i took an extra long shower.
The ground is a little wet today so i might not take the Fastback out.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you wearing Danner brand boots? I had em in the Corps. If you didn't already know, you can take news paper and stuff your wet boots with the paper and they will almost be dry by the next morning. Don't forget the mink oil to take care of the leather from dry rot. If you take care of your gear, your gear wil take care of you. [patriot]

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by KeithStang7:
Are you wearing Danner brand boots? I had em in the Corps. If you didn't already know, you can take news paper and stuff your wet boots with the paper and they will almost be dry by the next morning. Don't forget the mink oil to take care of the leather from dry rot. If you take care of your gear, your gear wil take care of you. [patriot]

Nah my fire boots are the White's Smokejumpers, and they take care of me good. I bought some sik mountineering boots that are Goretex for watercrossings. My feet got wet only on one watercrossing where we were up to our knees. All the other times my feet didn't get any wetter.
There is no newspaper in the wilderness and fire only dries your boots out so much.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com