Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » which wheels?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: which wheels?
2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2tone2be  Ford pictures for 2tone2be  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
am on the market to buy some new wheels for my gt,sold fr500s,bullits,y2ks,o3 cobras.i was looking at the 10th anii wheels but they only have a 2" inch lip not deep enough.my question is which wheels can i buy with at least 3" to 4" inch deep dish lip?thanks in advance..

--------------------
06cbr 1000rr.full exhaust,power commander,geared,k&n filter.
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

Posts: 286 | From: san jose/modesto | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let me guess, you want a 4" lip, but your budget is $600??? [Razz] j/k man. what's your budget for wheels?
2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2tone2be  Ford pictures for 2tone2be  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am willing to spend up to a 1200 for a nice set of wheels.if i wait a month i can do 2k on a set but idk.just want something nice.i was ready to order the 10th anniv $1380 delivered tomorrow.but the 2" diddnt convinced me.

--------------------
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u want a fat lip i recommend going with a nice multipiece piece wheel...be prepared to drop 3k on a nice set of trueforged or even more.
im a bit biased but id recommend an iforged.

[ February 18, 2010, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

so i should just go around shops and see what i can get.?!or anywebsite in specific? thanks.

--------------------
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i just sold my tsw they had a 3.75 lip but they were 20s i ordered the 10th aniv cobras in black dd they will be here tom
2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

10th dd /where you order this 10th dd from?how deep are they?

--------------------
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$1200 for wheels only or wheels and tires?
2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

quote:
Originally posted by stangin':

it all depends on what type of wheels.but with tires will be best.

--------------------
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you're looking for replicas im sure there are plenty of pics for u to look at to make a decision. i believe 10" wide bullets have around a 3" lip. u might be able to get a bit more lip going with a 10.5". another option is to look at some of the g35/350z wheels that usually have fat lips like a ADR, stern, etc.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well when u sold ur bullits i started lookin around and found the 10th aniv dd at latemoderestoration
2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
if you're looking for replicas im sure there are plenty of pics for u to look at to make a decision. i believe 10" wide bullets have around a 3" lip. u might be able to get a bit more lip going with a 10.5". another option is to look at some of the g35/350z wheels that usually have fat lips like a ADR, stern, etc.

yeah i've seen some big ass lip on nissan /g35 infinitys.ama search around the web and see or go to shops and see .thannks.

--------------------
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by 2tone2be:
quote:

your best bet is to get some $700 replicas and some el cheapo tires for another $500 if you're limited to 1200. if you're patient and dont mind buying used wheels u can sometimes find some used high end wheels in the 1800-2500 price range with tires.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
Originally posted by 2tone2be:
quote:

your best bet is to get some $700 replicas and some el cheapo tires for another $500 if you're limited to 1200. if you're patient and dont mind buying used wheels u can sometimes find some used high end wheels in the 1800-2500 price range with tires.
yeah ill just wait couple o weeks.my car is on stocks looks uggly haha and wana make it stand out more.plus i just finished doing my complete black interior dam looks nice.thanks bro.

--------------------
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

quote:
Originally posted by alexdel209:
well when u sold ur bullits i started lookin around and found the 10th aniv dd at latemoderestoration

yeah ive checked there and called the guy said 17x10.5 only has a 2" inch lip thats why i idnt order them.would you mind me checking your wheels once you get them?thanks

--------------------
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

yeah no problem ill let u know im gettin them in tom and just gotta go get some tires
2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

quote:
yeah no problem ill let u know im gettin them in tom and just gotta go get some tires

okay bro thanks..let me know.ill pm u my number you can text me and let me know.

--------------------
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I saw you on Modern Warfare last night I sent you a invite. What you didnt want none of this?....lol
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

lol never got the invite or i woulda gave u some lol.havent been on alot lately but next time im on and u are we will have to play
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

as suggested, check out g35/350z wheels on ebay for cheap deals. most mustang replicas won't have more than 2" lips.

i was going to suggest something like this, but i think it's out of your range:
http://www.introwheels.com/intro_photos/main.php?g2_itemId=161

they're intro gt sport. i had a set of 20s on my old truck when i was in the slammed out truck thing. they custom build it to whatever backspace you need that will give you the real deep dish look. for ~$2600 you can get a nice set of 18" CCW wheels, no tires though.

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sportmaxx wheels have nice staggard set ups and are in the 600$ zone for just rims

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://godspeedwheels.com/

up to like 5.50 inch lip

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why in the world would u spend up to 1200 on replica wheels? Especially when u can find them on ebay or mustang forums for cheap all day. If your gonna drop coin on brand new wheels then go with something non ford.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think a multi-piece forged wheel is the only way to go for a 3+ inch lip. The cheaper cast wheels like the Godspeed and ADRs may have a 3+ inch lip but the spokes are not flat and stick out quite a bit and it makes the lip look small. If I can find the picture I had a godspeed wheel with a 4in lip and a trueforged wheel with a 3.5in lip side by side and the trueforged lip looked significantly bigger.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com