Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Killer deal on HID kits

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Killer deal on HID kits
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just came across these HID kits at $29 a set. They are the same brand I currently have in my cars and have been VERY happy with them. These are from DDM Tuning and carry a lifetime warranty. I just ordered another set for my driving lights, couldn't pass up the deal. web page

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
1 Old 96
¯
Member # 9454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1 Old 96  Ford pictures for 1 Old 96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What dose it take to install and how long? like to put them on my Cobra.
Posts: 25 | From: martinez ca. | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Saleenssc14
¯
Member # 7791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleenssc14  Ford pictures for Saleenssc14    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
post picks of them on ur car

--------------------
Carlos Munoz

Posts: 1156 | From: Union City | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
SVT-DROP
CAFords OG
Member # 1736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT-DROP  Ford pictures for SVT-DROP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much was the shipping?
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why are these so expensive ? whats the difference

http://www.americanmuscle.com/hid-dual-beam-kit-9004.html

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

1_raw_95
¯
Member # 9527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1_raw_95  Ford pictures for 1_raw_95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the american muscle hids have the 2step where u can go regular lights or hids wit the click or hi n low beam n the other is just hids no matter if u click hi n low the hids will just turn off

--------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>KinG CoBRa<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Old 96:
What dose it take to install and how long? like to put them on my Cobra.

Its cake, just order bulbs that are the same part number as your stock bulbs. You install the bulbs, plug them into the ballasts and plug your stock headlight plug into the ballast itself. The only problem is these are only a single beam so you wont have high and low function unless you pay extra for the dual bulbs. With HID's they are so bright you won't need high beams anymore. Also you need to pick the color you want. I'm running the 6000K in my wifes car and 8000k in my car, the kit I just ordered was 10,000K. The higher the number the more blue it becomes, they also loose a bit of light the more blue they are. I'd say get 6 or 8K's for the best look.

--------------------

Abandon him.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by Saleenssc14:
post picks of them on ur car

This is my other car with the 6000K's in both the headlights and driving lights. I'll have 10000K's in my low beams and 6000k's in my driving lights when the new kit gets here. I paid $44 shipped for the kit, I had to pay tax too. Still, this is cheaper and 1000 times better than those crap China HID kits off eBay.
 -

--------------------

Abandon him.

BKDRAFT
¯
Member # 9670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BKDRAFT  Ford pictures for BKDRAFT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will these work well in a fox? The stock OEM lights in a fox are a bit dim. It would be nice to get something a bit brighter.

--------------------
-For Sale & Trade Considerations-
2007 Charcoal Yamaha R6 with 3,200 miles
jaredjamison21@yahoo.com
(925) 337-0133 call or text

Posts: 14 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got 6k in my mustang. I'll never go back. One of the best mods I've ever done!!

HID's FTW!!!!!!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
plug n play HID kits are lame and dont provide much better light and blind other drivers and are illegal.

if you are going to do it, do it right and RETROFIT projectors

-

-

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:
plug n play HID kits are lame and dont provide much better light and blind other drivers and are illegal.

-

-

that's a good point, putting them in stock free form housings just make them blind everyone else. My cars have projector housings so they direct the light correctly. I've seen hid's in newer Mustangs and they don't scatter like other cars tend to. I wouldn't put them in a stock Fox housing, they are too large and will blind everyone. That's the reason the lightning doesn't have them.

--------------------

Abandon him.

1 Old 96
¯
Member # 9454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1 Old 96  Ford pictures for 1 Old 96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the advice and info!
Posts: 25 | From: martinez ca. | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The plug and play projectors are better but the way to go are retrofitted oem projectors. It is a night and day difference. The projector housings/headlight assembly still scatter but I have seen them aimed low and it works.

I have been piecing together a setup and got some s2k projectors, phillips bulbs, shrounds, denso slim ballast, and diy harness. In parts alone that is like 600 bucks and it's not even retrofitted. Most people rather put that in their engine.

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
also make sure you arent putting a projector behind fluted glass. the headlight lenses should be clear
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 10k hids on my cobra and never had any complaints from ppl or police....matter fact, the other night SJPD pulled up next to me and actually complimented my lights that they looked bad ass and what not [Cool]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

-

-

that's a good point, putting them in stock free form housings just make them blind everyone else. My cars have projector housings so they direct the light correctly. I've seen hid's in newer Mustangs and they don't scatter like other cars tend to. I wouldn't put them in a stock Fox housing, they are too large and will blind everyone. That's the reason the lightning doesn't have them.
will I get a even beam of lighting with these headlights?

-

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2tone2be  Ford pictures for 2tone2be  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bigjerry916:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

-

-

will I get a even beam of lighting with these headlights?

-

nice car bro...

--------------------
06cbr 1000rr.full exhaust,power commander,geared,k&n filter.
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

Posts: 286 | From: san jose/modesto | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

-

Beat me to it...x2 on doing it right. HID projectors too, not Halogen projects. They'll still scatter the light.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com