Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Mayweather camp sure is cocky...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: The Mayweather camp sure is cocky...
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mayweather? Really?

Mayweather is obviously good but really?

Really makes me want to see him get KTFO.

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That statement was made by his Floyds father not Floyd Jr.. Pacman CAN "fight" thats just people talkin shit to build up the match. Pacman is not nearly as technically sound as Floyd is. i think Floyd will give manny a boxing lesson. I found it HILARIOUS that Freddie Roach said Pacman has better footwork then Floyd does. lol!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tha91SiCkNeSs:
Mayweather? Really?

Cocky but right. And that was more a swipe at Roach than Manny. We all know Manny can fight. But he has yet to show me he can box. That is what Mayweather Sr. is saying and he is right. And right about Cotto.
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A pretty accurate assessment...Only boxers see things like that and average fans would think that Pacquiao is the greatest...They get confused with the best boxer and the most entertaining boxer...Pacquiao is the most entertaining...
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pac may have a punchers chance if that, i agree w/sr
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Mayweather? Really?

Cocky but right. And that was more a swipe at Roach than Manny. We all know Manny can fight. But he has yet to show me he can box. That is what Mayweather Sr. is saying and he is right. And right about Cotto.
I dunno. I guess I'm looking at it from a more absolute view.

It's one thing to say that Mayweather is more technically sound or a better boxer that Pacman. But to say a professional boxer can just NOT box... You are talking about someone with 50+ wins.

If he COULDN'T box, he would just be a politician! But the fact is, he CAN box. That's the reason why he holds various title belts.. he "boxed" his way to the top for each one...

Maybe it's semantics but when you exclaim that ANY professional ATHLETE that he/she CAN'T do what they are doing for a living, i.e., can't box, can't fight, can't pass, can't hit, can't shoot, it doesn't make sense. They are obviously better than you, otherwise YOU would be the pro... right?

The way I see it, if I was going to exclaim that he can't box, then I would be right there trying to challenge him!!

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dis is gunna be like rocky 2, when Apollo talks a whole lotta shit then gets pummeled. The mayweathers got a swift mouth.... Pac Man has the belts to prove it, I think its curtains for jr. Lights out....

--------------------
*NorCal

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Mayweather? Really?

I dunno. I guess I'm looking at it from a more absolute view.

It's one thing to say that Mayweather is more technically sound or a better boxer that Pacman. But to say a professional boxer can just NOT box... You are talking about someone with 50+ wins.

If he COULDN'T box, he would just be a politician! But the fact is, he CAN box. That's the reason why he holds various title belts.. he "boxed" his way to the top for each one...

Maybe it's semantics but when you exclaim that ANY professional ATHLETE that he/she CAN'T do what they are doing for a living, i.e., can't box, can't fight, can't pass, can't hit, can't shoot, it doesn't make sense. They are obviously better than you, otherwise YOU would be the pro... right?

The way I see it, if I was going to exclaim that he can't box, then I would be right there trying to challenge him!!

Sr. is really saying he cant box. Which is true. It is semantics. Fighting and boxing is 2 different things. Fighting is goig in there and trying to inflict as much damage as you can while taking damage. Boxing is inflicting calculated damage while taking minimal yourself and rendering your opponents best weapons ineffective. That is what Mayweather is better at doing. So if you think about it, Sr. is totally right.
1SloSVT
¯
Member # 9548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SloSVT  Ford pictures for 1SloSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just wanna see manny go down, and this sounds like the perfect fight to finally see this happen [dance]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com