Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » mayweather vs. Marquez (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: mayweather vs. Marquez
93fordboy
¯
Member # 9055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93fordboy  Ford pictures for 93fordboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who watching the fight. What you guys think ?

Sep 19, 2009
PPV

"Marquez says hes goin after my ribs but theres no weakness in MONEY MAY. Only ribs he’ll b diggin n2 will b at Outback after I take him down"

--------------------
"Ma p0ny wit tha cHip is tooo QuiCk 4 thA Crown ViC"

93fordboy
¯
Member # 9055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93fordboy  Ford pictures for 93fordboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+ 1 Money May [Smile]

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Floyd is gonna win by tko within 8 rounds...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My money is on Floyd. Marquez is almost a Hatton like fighter and we see what happened there. Floyd shouldnt have fought so close to Mexican Independence day tho. If it goes to the score cards that could influence the outcome. But I have Mayweather in 9 by TKO
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My boy Marquez is in it to win it, he knows he can't loose this one, his career is on the line and he has a chip on his shoulder after loosing the fight that he SHOULD have won against Paquiao (however you spell it) I fukin hate Mayweather (well hates a strong word but he's up there very close to it). Don't get me wrong he's a hell of a boxer one of the best ever but he's just way too cocky and all that moneys gotten to his head, can't wait to see his ass get knocked out, that would totally make my September...

ALSO, it pisses me the fuck off when he wears the Mexican colors and wears the mariachi hat, people don't see it but its pretty racist, he's mocking us in a way and I'm sure ALOT of people agree with me.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
My boy Marquez is in it to win it, he knows he can't loose this one, his career is on the line and he has a chip on his shoulder after loosing the fight that he SHOULD have won against Paquiao (however you spell it) I fukin hate Mayweather (well hates a strong word but he's up there very close to it). Don't get me wrong he's a hell of a boxer one of the best ever but he's just way too cocky and all that moneys gotten to his head, can't wait to see his ass get knocked out, that would totally make my September...

ALSO, it pisses me the fuck off when he wears the Mexican colors and wears the mariachi hat, people don't see it but its pretty racist, he's mocking us in a way and I'm sure ALOT of people agree with me.

How is it racist?

--------------------

93fordboy
¯
Member # 9055

quote:

wasnt ALI Cocky???

--------------------

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mayweather in 10 by tko...marquez was losing to Juan Diaz until the 10th round...he has a problem with speed and is better at counter punching...how do u beat a counter puncher?...with a better counter puncher...mayweather is a better counter puncher, faster, bigger, and stronger...the only thing marquez has is heart and his chin is tested...if they trade...he will lose...People don't understand the lower weight will benefit mayweather, he should knockout marquez easily...as for his cockiness...i think it makes him who he is, without that he would just be boring...i appreciate that he keeps it real even if some of his reality is ridiculous...
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
Mayweather in 10 by tko...marquez was losing to Juan Diaz until the 10th round...he has a problem with speed and is better at counter punching...how do u beat a counter puncher?...with a better counter puncher...mayweather is a better counter puncher, faster, bigger, and stronger...the only thing marquez has is heart and his chin is tested...if they trade...he will lose...People don't understand the lower weight will benefit mayweather, he should knockout marquez easily...as for his cockiness...i think it makes him who he is, without that he would just be boring...i appreciate that he keeps it real even if some of his reality is ridiculous...

Exactly! he was losing to juan Diaz and juan is not that good. Paulie mailgnaggi was outboxing Juan Diaz but was robbed of the decision. mayweather hits harder and is way more skilled..

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One thing I will say is that Mayweather's whiskers have never been truly tested. So in that Marquez has the age old punchers chance. But other than that I do not see Marquez executing his game plan at all. He is not a very skilled boxer just a a volume boxer.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NEITHER...my dude Pac-Man will knock both of them out [Razz]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
My money is on Floyd. Marquez is almost a Hatton like fighter and we see what happened there. Floyd shouldnt have fought so close to Mexican Independence day tho. If it goes to the score cards that could influence the outcome. But I have Mayweather in 9 by TKO

Hatton is not on the level of Marquez. Marquez arguably beat Paquaio in both of their fights. Marquez unlike Hatton, knows how to adjust through out a fight.

Goin' to be a very tough fight for Marquez vs Mayweather; especially b/c of the weight.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love Pac-Man fans...Now tell me a fighter Pac-Man beat that is credible enough to consider him better the Mayweather...He has taken advantage of style fights...He is very exciting boxer who has beaten fighters who styles make him look dominate...even his fight with cotto will mimic the hatton fight...a pressure fighter who dominates through volume punching...Against a fighter like mayweather or marquez, pacquiao would most likely lose...i personally think he was outboxed by Marquez in both fights and should have lost...Freddie Roach knows Pac would lose to mayweather that is why he will avoid the matchup...if pac beats cotto they will fight shane moseley...more money for pac in that fight...
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
I love Pac-Man fans...Now tell me a fighter Pac-Man beat that is credible enough to consider him better the Mayweather...He has taken advantage of style fights...He is very exciting boxer who has beaten fighters who styles make him look dominate...even his fight with cotto will mimic the hatton fight...a pressure fighter who dominates through volume punching...Against a fighter like mayweather or marquez, pacquiao would most likely lose...i personally think he was outboxed by Marquez in both fights and should have lost...Freddie Roach knows Pac would lose to mayweather that is why he will avoid the matchup...if pac beats cotto they will fight shane moseley...more money for pac in that fight...

ummm how would a fight vs moseley make more money for the Ninja then if he fought Mayweather?

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

ummm how would a fight vs moseley make more money for the Ninja then if he fought Mayweather?
I am not sure it would make more money, but it would be the logical step and a fight fight fans would want to see. And I see shane winning that one easily.
2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+2 on Mayweather too talented for Marquez. Faster, stronger and much too skilled.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mayweather is gong to wipe him up....this fight should have been against Pacquiao though,,,

[ September 02, 2009, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: jordan_0806 ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

50Mustang
¯
Member # 3108

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Mustang  Ford pictures for 50Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

i watched a interview were maywheather said, he sports mexican colors cause he has so many mexican fans, so he's showing his love back. saposeably. it's not going to be easy for my mexican, but hope he get's the W. [Razz]

--------------------
"Theirs no such thing as to much horsepower and torque"

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
NEITHER...my dude Pac-Man will knock both of them out [Razz]

says the phillipino... [Razz]

mayweather and pacman have been my 2 fav fighters for years i really dont wanna see then fight..

no more betting on ca fords for me last bet i won the kid said he didnt understand the bet it was for 200 bucks..... [Frown]

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

A moseley fight would make pac-man more money because of the split...in either fight pac-man will be the draw, but moseley will take the smaller percentage to fight pac-man and should beat him...Mayweather will want at least 60% regardless and pac-man promoter doesn't like mayweather so that will likely not happen...pac-man would have to say he wants to fight mayweather for whatever...if it up to bob arum the fight will never happen...that is the real reason marquez is fighting mayweather and not pacquiao...the money...marquez said he wanted to fight mayweather for whatever...and so mayweather gets the big check and marquez get the fight he wanted...
TONO NOTCH
¯
Member # 8519

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TONO NOTCH  Ford pictures for TONO NOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put my money on marquez, he need's to win this fight so he can get a rematch fight with [dance] paquio

--------------------
TONO NOTCH

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
A moseley fight would make pac-man more money because of the split...in either fight pac-man will be the draw, but moseley will take the smaller percentage to fight pac-man and should beat him...Mayweather will want at least 60% regardless and pac-man promoter doesn't like mayweather so that will likely not happen...pac-man would have to say he wants to fight mayweather for whatever...if it up to bob arum the fight will never happen...that is the real reason marquez is fighting mayweather and not pacquiao...the money...marquez said he wanted to fight mayweather for whatever...and so mayweather gets the big check and marquez get the fight he wanted...

That is what I said as well, but this was before the Marquez fight. Even with a 60/40 with shane the gate will not pull in as much or pull as many PPV's as a May v Pac fight after this Marquez one, so while the split will be better, what they are splitting is smaller. This adds a layer of marketability to the fight that Shane just wont have.
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by smokealot:
quote:

i watched a interview were maywheather said, he sports mexican colors cause he has so many mexican fans, so he's showing his love back. saposeably. it's not going to be easy for my mexican, but hope he get's the W. [Razz]
That's all BS!
He wears those colors to mock Mexican fighters and fans just like his uncle did when he fought. It's smart business however because it catches more Mexican fans attention which = more $

Remember boxing is Mexico's 2nd most popular sport only behind las pinche Chivas, El Cruz Azul, y descadaro del America. Aver hijos de su chingada madre, cual es mas chingon?

[ September 03, 2009, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Rigo5.0 ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

I am not sure it would make more money, but it would be the logical step and a fight fight fans would want to see. And I see shane winning that one easily.
Shane won"t beat the Ninja, especially at 140lbs. Mosely "s only shot is to when by K.O. pacman wouuld outbox him

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by smokealot:
quote:

That's all BS!
He wears those colors to mock Mexican fighters and fans just like his uncle did when he fought. It's smart business however because it catches more Mexican fans attention which = more $

Remember boxing is Mexico's 2nd most popular sport only behind las pinche Chivas, El Cruz Azul, y descadaro del America. Aver hijos de su chingada madre, cual es mas chingon?

English mother fucker! do you speak it! lol [Big Grin]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com