Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Oakland residents, just curious

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Oakland residents, just curious
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know there are a ton of garage mechanics out there, but I was wondering if anyone knows if John the mechanic is still around? He lived in the 50's kinda off foothill. Older white dude, very backwoods country lookin. Back in the 90's EVERYONE took their cars to him. My bother and I were trippin on some old stuff from back in the day and got to talking about him. I am sure some of the people around my age know of him or heard of him. I was wondering if he is still around.
510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510Notch  Ford pictures for 510Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP [patriot] last I heard he was working on somebodys 72 impala one of the jackstands sliped and he was crushed.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by inlaw80:
RIP [patriot] last I heard he was working on somebodys 72 impala one of the jackstands sliped and he was crushed.

you bullshittin!! [Eek!]

I hope you are playin, but that is totally believable, because that fool would get under any jimmy rigged setup and in any conditions. I was always afraid he would get hurt when working on my cars. He had my coug back in the day runnin like a champ tho. Real good guy once you get on his good side.

[ August 27, 2009, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

now I m scouring the internet and calling people to try to verify this. I cannot remember that fools last name for the life of me.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8, I live in Oakland and have no idea. But then again, I always work on my own cars.

I would verify the information above. With a post count of 3, and '72 Impala being thrown out, I'm not buying it...

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
N8, I live in Oakland and have no idea. But then again, I always work on my own cars.

I would verify the information above. With a post count of 3, and '72 Impala being thrown out, I'm not buying it...

yea I called a few people and while they dont know where he is at, it is rumored he is still wrenching and alive and kickin. But definitely would have heard about his passing. But what that person said sounds totally believable if you knew John. I figured I would try here, I posted about a mechanic in Escalon and someone verified he is still around.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com