Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ammunition Shortage? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ammunition Shortage?
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is not intended to be a political thread about Obama.

[Confused] Where are you buying ammo? I cannot find anything I am looking for anywhere. I bought a Sig P238 couple weeks ago and have been looking for .380 ammo since. I found some self defense rounds, but no ball ammo for target practice. I have looked at local shops, internet, coworkers and friends; NO ONE HAS ANY [Mad]

Someone give me some advice please!!!

[ June 30, 2009, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: rgtrahn ]

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man i herd about there was not going to be any ammo so i went to andreadas gun shop in castro valley and bought 10 boxes of 45 ammo so ill have spent 300 on my master card but fuck i got ammo! [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow. I didn't buy any .223 ammo yet. Where can I get that?

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I follow the calguns.net wal-mart ammo updates thread.

slickdeals.net (search ammo)

ammunitiontogo.com

of all the ammo shortages 380 is the hardest to find. I'm down to my last 100 rounds. I just bought two Ruger LCP's and been looking for 380 ammo for awhile now.

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Survial tactical defense (something like that) in loomis had a 100rd pack of 380 WWB for $55 [Eek!]

That was Friday I'm sure they still have it for that ass raping price. gunbroker has some too similar prices.

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:

Allen,

locally the cheapest will be Wal-mart IF it's in stock. River City Gun Exchange has lots of .223 I bought a few hundred rounds this weekend.

When did you get a rifle? let's go shooting! Joe and I went out on Sunday with our AR15's.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm gonna just drive to Nevada, stop by my cousins house and buy ammo out there.. I'm sick and tired of this fucking state making it harder on law abiding gun owners...

people are panicing with this ammo crap.. I don't have the money to stock up on ammo. I'm going to learn how to relode so I'll be alright. [Wink]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
Survial tactical defense (something like that) in loomis had a 100rd pack of 380 WWB for $55 [Eek!]

That was Friday I'm sure they still have it for that ass raping price. gunbroker has some too similar prices.

[Frown] No dice, they are sold out.

How does that LCP fire? I was looking at the LCP and the keltec before I bought my P238. All of these pocket pistols serve a practical purpose, but the ruger and keltec felt to much like a toy to me.

Have you seen the mini desert eagle? That thing is smaller than the keltec!!! [Eek!]

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am thinking of going here,

http://www.bigrenoshow.com/

They have to have ammo!!!

I hope...

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Both are a bit harsh on recoil but manageable, sights are literally useless. The Kel-Tec is cheaper than the LCP and the appearance kinda reflects that. But it comes with a lifetime warranty.

everyone is jumping on the 380 pocket gun sales trend. I may buy a Kahr's 380 once my buddy get's his in. I want to shoot it first.

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
I am thinking of going here,

http://www.bigrenoshow.com/

They have to have ammo!!!

I hope...

yea lines will be around the building a few hours before opening. Standing room only inside. My buddy went up to the last one with our cash and ammo orders. After 10 mins of the frenzy he left. people leave with dollys full of bulk ammo.
86redGT
¯
Member # 6961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86redGT  Ford pictures for 86redGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
This is not intended to be a political thread about Obama.

[Confused] Where are you buying ammo? I cannot find anything I am looking for anywhere. I bought a Sig P238 couple weeks ago and have been looking for .380 ammo since. I found some self defense rounds, but no ball ammo for target practice. I have looked at local shops, internet, coworkers and friends; NO ONE HAS ANY [Mad]

Someone give me some advice please!!!

Economy goes to shit, gun sales skyrocket, its actually a trend believe it or not. Also it doesn't help that Obama wants harsher gun laws. You think they would have found out by not its not the people that buy guns legally that kill people with them.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra
2016 Fiesta ST

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

quote:
Both are a bit harsh on recoil but manageable, sights are literally useless. The Kel-Tec is cheaper than the LCP and the appearance kinda reflects that. But it comes with a lifetime warranty.

everyone is jumping on the 380 pocket gun sales trend. I may buy a Kahr's 380 once my buddy get's his in. I want to shoot it first.

I noticed the sights would be an issue as well, that is why I picked up the P238 it is a clone of the Colt Mustang 1911. The gun is bigger than the LCP, but still fits perect in a front pocket without printing.
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
reload [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

some of my powder
 -

most of my brass(need more brass)

-

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Allen,

locally the cheapest will be Wal-mart IF it's in stock. River City Gun Exchange has lots of .223 I bought a few hundred rounds this weekend.

When did you get a rifle? let's go shooting! Joe and I went out on Sunday with our AR15's.

I ordered mine a week ago. Unfortunately, I have to wait about 4 - 6 months for my Stag Model 1. [Mad] I will let you know when I get it. I might still get a hand gun in the meantime. I did buy a M4 Airsoft rifle that shoots 450 fps to keep me busy though. Looks like my real AR15.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:

-

some of my powder
 -
Maybe you can make me a few thousand rounds of .223 556. About 50-55 gr. [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:
quote:
quote:

Allen,

I ordered mine a week ago. Unfortunately, I have to wait about 4 - 6 months for my Stag Model 1. [Mad] I will let you know when I get it. I might still get a hand gun in the meantime. I did buy a M4 Airsoft rifle that shoots 450 fps to keep me busy though. Looks like my real AR15.
How much was your stag upper? I got a huge hook up on DPMS products when my guys get the next order in I will let you know. He has at least 30 uppers coming in.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:

-

some of my powder
 -

-

In the end reloading is cheaper I just buy in bulk from miwall. But just like ammo reload supplies are short in supply. I had to wait 6 months to get ammo for my 50 Beowulf.
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ain't no ammo anywhere except .223 is starting to pop up a lot more and cheaper now
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Allen,

How much was your stag upper? I got a huge hook up on DPMS products when my guys get the next order in I will let you know. He has at least 30 uppers coming in.
I bought the whole gun for about 9 and some change before the fees. After all the fees it was just about 1000.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
quote:

-

some of my powder
 -

-

In the end reloading is cheaper I just buy in bulk from miwall. But just like ammo reload supplies are short in supply. I had to wait 6 months to get ammo for my 50 Beowulf.
You have a Beowulf. You lucky SOB. I want to shoot that beast of a gun.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
j&g gunsales .com is were i buy all my stuff.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Allen,

I bought the whole gun for about 9 and some change before the fees. After all the fees it was just about 1000.
Sundays are shooting days for me. Let me know when your free and I'll let you shoot it [Big Grin]
QuickSparks
¯
Member # 8826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuickSparks  Ford pictures for QuickSparks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Reloading will not save you money!!!!!

TRUE!!!!

Joking of course. It saves you about 50%, but you end up shooting twice as much.

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
I'm gonna just drive to Nevada, stop by my cousins house and buy ammo out there.. I'm sick and tired of this fucking state making it harder on law abiding gun owners...

people are panicing with this ammo crap.. I don't have the money to stock up on ammo. I'm going to learn how to relode so I'll be alright. [Wink]

yup! Nevada is like weapon central [worship]
i went to a store in las vegas and i was like [Eek!]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com