Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » post workout supplements

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: post workout supplements
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know there's alot of gym rats in here so I want to see what most guys take along with their protein after the workout. I read that its best to take at least 60 grams of carbs immediately after along with protein, what's a good source of those carbs?

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never heard the carbs one. But I normally do 1/2 peanut butter sandwich and glutamine
AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Muscle milk

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cottage cheese with peaches is a good one too.

lots of protein.

i just eat a lot of protein or drink cytogainer after workout

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:

lots of protein.

THATS FUCKIN NASTY BRO COTTAGE CHEESE LOOK LIKE PUKE LOL.......IM NOT HATEIN MAN I USED EAT THAT WHEN I WAS LITTLE [Razz] I JUST ATE LOTS OF MEATS LIKE STEAKS AND CHICKEN STAYED AWY FROM BREAD BUT ITS ALL WHAT U WANT TO DO [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good amounts of protein in Tofu. But I'd rather eat llama toe nails and goat gums than that stuff.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
good amounts of protein in Tofu. But I'd rather eat llama toe nails and goat gums than that stuff.

O MAN N8 WTF IS THAT SHIT? AND WHATS TOFU I HERD THE ANAREXIT BITCHES EAT THAT CRAP? [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I take ON protein. It's one of the best ones out there. Has great protein and taste without all the fat. Everyone says that great quality food is what you need to get big. Shit... it's hard to eat right though. [Wink]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 87GTCOBRA:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

O MAN N8 WTF IS THAT SHIT? AND WHATS TOFU I HERD THE ANAREXIT BITCHES EAT THAT CRAP? [patriot]
lmao, that was my colorful way of saying I will never eat Tofu.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

lmao, that was my colorful way of saying I will never eat Tofu.
LMFAO AND NETHER WOULD I

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
I take ON protein. It's one of the best ones out there. Has great protein and taste without all the fat. Everyone says that great quality food is what you need to get big. Shit... it's hard to eat right though. [Wink]

+1 for ON protien, the pro complex version is the shit!

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I take ON protein too but Ive been reading that the protein is taken in better with the help of high glycemic carbs. Anyone take maltodextrin?

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Protein, dextrose, glutamine and don't forget lots of water to hydrate yourself. People really forget that you need to hydrate your body. I also do amino acids during workout.
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:

lots of protein.

THATS FUCKIN NASTY BRO COTTAGE CHEESE LOOK LIKE PUKE LOL.......IM NOT HATEIN MAN I USED EAT THAT WHEN I WAS LITTLE [Razz] I JUST ATE LOTS OF MEATS LIKE STEAKS AND CHICKEN STAYED AWY FROM BREAD BUT ITS ALL WHAT U WANT TO DO [patriot]
haha yeah it is nasty by itself.

i actually never ate it until i shipped to bootcamp. down there i fucking ate anything i could. i guess it grew on me [Razz]

its not too bad when you mix it with fruit. just dont look at it haha

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Scoobysnack
¯
Member # 6721

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoobysnack  Ford pictures for Scoobysnack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I take Big Max Chocolate from Max Muscle. In all truth any simple carbs will do the trick. You want to take in about 500 calories post workout...if you are trying to get larger. Also you want a whey protien isolate after your workout....cottage cheese is a casein protein which is a slow digesting protein. Cottage cheese would best serve you just before you go to bed.

[ May 19, 2009, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Scoobysnack ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

It also kinda depends on what you are doing. Like right now I am trying to lean out, so I am doing things a bit different. But Glutamine is the common denominator for me.
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Can you still lean out while taking Glutamine?

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Figures there's a bunch of protein swallowers on this board.....

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse:

yup, works for me [Big Grin]

To me leaning out is more in the actual diet.

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse:

yup, works for me [Big Grin]

To me leaning out is more in the actual diet.

Glutamine is great for cutting cycles. I'm just waiting for someone to say they get shot in the butt with roids for their post workout.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Figures there's a bunch of protein swallowers on this board.....

Lmfao [dance]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steroids over here. stop bullshittin with bullshit. [Wink]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here is the big secret to working out.

PROPER DIET AND REST BETWEEN WORKOUTS!

supplements are not regulated by the FDA and most are sugar pills. eat right and sleep.

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by SheerSliver03:
here is the big secret to working out.

PROPER DIET AND REST BETWEEN WORKOUTS!

supplements are not regulated by the FDA and most are sugar pills. eat right and sleep.

In a perfect world I would definitely agree with you. but we all know with kids, work, hobbies...list goes on. You need something to help keep you on track. And I doubt all supps are placebo. Probably some out there, but if you research you can probably steer clear of them. And if the placebo is working why not take it? After all it is just sugar pills [Razz]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com