Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would you do?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What would you do?
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Read the Story and then watch the clip: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/032609dnmetcopstop.3e9c080.html?nTar=OPUR

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This will piss a few people off...

[sarcasm on]
[begin rant]

Sweet, driving with my hazards on exempts me from obeying the law. Good to know.

Let's see, jump out of a car and confront an officer then disobey a command and run off. Another stellar plan.

Asuume the position without being asked/ordered too just like a con? How's that working out for ya?

No proof of insurance. It's okay, he had his hazards on.

Illeagally park when pulled over, cops LOVE that! Oh, forgot his hazards again, I HAVE to remember that one!

The Moatses, who are black, said Wednesday that they can’t help but think that race might have played a part in how Powell, who is white, treated them.

“Attitude’s everything,” he said. “All you had to do is stop, tell me what was going on. More than likely, I would have let you go.”

They guy broke the law. By all rights the cop should have given him a ticket, he deserved it. If the mother was that close to death and it was that important why'd they leave the hospital in the first place? When my father dies I spent about 5 days straight in a shit hole hospital down south.

This entitlement shit is overdone. YOU AREN'T THAT IMPORTANT > GET OVER YOURSELF.

[/end rant]
[/sarcasm off]

[ March 26, 2009, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Hozr ]

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
100% Honest:

I would have pulled over and tried explaining the situtation. If you dont stop, then the cop thinks your running. At that point they DO NOT know why you arent stopping. At that poing it becomes a felony evasion chase.

The officer doesnt know whats going on, and thats the bottome line. He let the guy go once the nurse told him it was the truth. For all the officer knew they guy stopped at the hospital to try and get out of a felony evasion.

Officer is 100% justified in what he did, and the article has one important fact of what the officer said :

“Attitude’s everything,” he said. “All you had to do is stop, tell me what was going on. More than likely, I would have let you go.”

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com