Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » craiglist shooting (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: craiglist shooting
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did anybody here about this. a man shot in a car buy? shit....

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when did this happen..?

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
link or it didn't happen...

is it this?
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0109/589177.html

[ February 18, 2009, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
link or it didn't happen...

is it this?
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0109/589177.html

No. It was in the EPA or PA.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aahhh..ok found one link about it
http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/show_story.php?id=9773

Looks like there were several shootings that day and the dude was from Stockton. Man they are starting this again? I remember when people were using the bay classifieds and diablo dealer for robberies.

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is the story, the link takes forever.

Stockton resident lured to East Palo Alto via Craigslist to buy a car in a 'setup' robbery

East Palo Alto police are investigating two separate shootings along Cooley Avenue Wednesday, including one that may have stemmed from a Craigslist setup, Detective David Carson said.

The first happened sometime before 3:20 p.m. Thursday, when police were called to Stanford Hospital after a 22-year-old man arrived at the emergency room suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, Carson said.

The man was in stable condition and lucid enough to tell hospital staff his name and that he lives in Redwood City, but details about the shooting were unclear, Carson said.

The man told police he was in his car in the area of Cooley and Scofield avenues when a car containing two or three people pulled up behind him, then drove up along his driver's side and fired several rounds into his vehicle.

"We need his cooperation to find out exactly what (happened)," Carson said. "His information was vague at best."

Carson said the victim was not inebriated, but police are missing details such as whether the victim's car was stopped at the time of the shooting. They also don't have information on a possible motive.

"There is more going on than what he is saying," Carson said. "We're basically getting that someone came up and shot him for nothing. There's a motive there, but he wouldn't relate that to us."

"I plan on contacting the victim again and I'm hoping he'll open up and give us the information we need," he said.

Hours later, around 6:15 p.m., police were called to a second shooting nearby.

A 32-year-old man was found suffering from gunshot wounds in an apartment complex parking lot at 1928 Cooley Ave., Carson said.

The man, who lives in the complex, had been taking out his trash when he heard gunshots. He then realized he had been shot but did not see the shooter, Carson said.

When the man was transported to Stanford Hospital for his injuries, police found another victim who had been shot at the same location. Neither victim's injuries were life-threatening and both were in stable condition.

Investigators discovered that the second victim, a 21-year-old man, had driven from his home in Stockton to buy a car he had seen advertised on Craigslist, Carson said.

He had been in contact by phone and e-mail with the people who were allegedly selling the car, Carson said. The sellers knew the man was driving to East Palo Alto Wednesday with the intent to buy the car, and when he arrived the "sellers" took the man's cash at gunpoint and shot him.

"It was basically a setup," said Carson, adding that he has leads in the case and expects to find the suspects.

"It's quite solvable," he said.

He said the man who was shot while taking out his trash appears to have simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Carson said Wednesday's shootings were not connected and the proximity of the shootings is a coincidence.

He added that while East Palo Alto has occasional bouts of criminal activity, two shootings in one day is unusual.

"We have our flare-ups, where things go sideways, but as a norm it is unusual for this to happen," Carson said.

Anyone with information about the shootings is asked to contact Detective Carson at 650-521-3505, East Palo Alto police dispatch at 650-321-1112 or the police tip line at 650-853-8477.

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ALL I KNOW THIS IS PRETTY FUCKED MAN I WAS TRYIN TO SELL MY 5.0 ON CRAIGLIST LAST MONTH SHIT I COULDA GOT ROBBED LOL

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck craigslist . I only deal on cafords!

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

RichcityGreyStang
¯
Member # 8801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RichcityGreyStang  Ford pictures for RichcityGreyStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I only Fuck with CAFords!

--------------------
[J]john[/J]:Johnny

TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:

Fuck that, your comin with me to look at the cobra in san jo!!!

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that really sucks.

note to self, never deal with sellers in east palo alto, richmond or oakland

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

91CHP_Coupe
¯
Member # 7686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91CHP_Coupe  Ford pictures for 91CHP_Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
that really sucks.

Aye why do u have to put Richmond in perspective???
I live in Richmond and im definetly not no were close to being violent or even thinking about doing somebody wrong... Im just a normal living citizen just like the rest of yall on here!!! And As for alot of fellow cafords members on here from Richmond are not even About the violence and trouble making...

--------------------
69 Mach 1
91 Coupe HCI. SOLD
04 DSG Mach 1

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was one is Sacramento also

http://www.kcra.com/news/18742697/detail.html

N8
¯
Member # 6048

They don't have violence in San Jose [Roll Eyes]
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats ghetto ass Epa for you

[ February 18, 2009, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: 87#184saleen ]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck craigslist..If you're gonna buy a car from now on bring a friend with you and a strap.You never know what surprise you're gonna find...

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Friends of the victim described the attacker as a black man in his 20s, 5 feet 3 inches tall and 300 pounds. He had dreadlocks, a multicolored shirt and jeans.
this is from rgtrahns link. This is some funny shit. Imagine someone 5'3" 300 pounds. Sorry if someone you share those dimensions. But it is just wrong to be wider that you are tall.
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DSG tha drivah:
quote:

I'll make sure white boy comes with us

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Friends of the victim described the attacker as a black man in his 20s, 5 feet 3 inches tall and 300 pounds. He had dreadlocks, a multicolored shirt and jeans.
this is from rgtrahns link. This is some funny shit. Imagine someone 5'3" 300 pounds. Sorry if someone you share those dimensions. But it is just wrong to be wider that you are tall.
I'm sure that guy will be really tough to find. Can you imagine the police line up?

Nope. It's the other dark skinned-near midget-Fat Albert with dreadlocks wearing the Rainbow Brite shirt.

[ February 18, 2009, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RichcityGreyStang:
Yeah I only Fuck with CAFords!

yea right i saw you posting your shit on c.l.,
you robbin fools are'nt you?

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dahm I use to live on cooley st.
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
that really sucks.

Im not gonna even comment on that! [Roll Eyes]

Somebody gonna end up robbin the wrong person and get Wopped at!

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im always packin and hella deep when i buy shit from craigslist or even on here....just ask phat50 how deep i was when i went to buy my heads. he was a coo dude and good to deal with btw

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DSG tha drivah:
quote:

what cobra? i know most of sj and the stangs drivin around

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
im always packin and hella deep when i buy shit from craigslist or even on here....just ask phat50 how deep i was when i went to buy my heads. he was a coo dude and good to deal with btw

I remember that, yea yall was hella deep, but hey you gotta roll like that sometimes cause you never know. [patriot]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com