Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Motor opinions/ 69 stang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Motor opinions/ 69 stang
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok fellas I have 69 coupe use to be my daily it had A 302 boss in it but blew up on the frreway.. a couple years back when I bought my first cobra I decided to give the car to my little brother as a project an its been sitting under a tarp since then he's 16 now so time to get it running... I dont wanna put nothing huge in there cause its his first car an I dont want him to wrap it!! But I also dont want civics kickin his ass either... Anybody have some ideas??? Im thinking maybe a cammed 289 or 302 edelbrock intake edelbrock carb something Around 250 hp or maybe 300hp that way when he does build some handles he can atleast track it??? Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

[ February 15, 2009, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: EXcobra/LS1NOW ]

Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buy a 87-93 motor 5.0 motor and do a efi conversion!!! my cusin had one done in his 70 convertable. he had plenty of room to grow performance wise . the car had long tubes and hella sounded mean .give me your email i can send you pics

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
buy a 87-93 motor 5.0 motor and do a efi conversion!!! my cusin had one done in his 70 convertable. he had plenty of room to grow performance wise . the car had long tubes and hella sounded mean .give me your email i can send you pics

Not a bad idea, I can just throw it in there stock for now, then in a year or so when he's ready I can start a build, he's not into the racing scene to much but still dont want it to be guttless! Thanks bro pm sent with email.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just a thought i wouldnt want my 16yr old bro going faster than a civic lol shit could be dangerous at that age bro
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
just a thought i wouldnt want my 16yr old bro going faster than a civic lol shit could be dangerous at that age bro

agreed!! Maybe I'll just put a sraight 6 in that bitch or maybe a 289 lol.... what would a stock 5.0 with carb put out?
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:

agreed!! Maybe I'll just put a sraight 6 in that bitch or maybe a 289 lol.... what would a stock 5.0 with carb put out?
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the idea of an EFI conversion for that car. Put a stock 5.0 motor and add a set of headers and a dual exhaust. Should be more than enough fun for your bro.

Also would be nice to cruise around in an old school and get 20+ mpg [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
I like the idea of an EFI conversion for that car. Put a stock 5.0 motor and add a set of headers and a dual exhaust. Should be more than enough fun for your bro.

Yea im liking this idea too.... O much do you think the conversion will cost??
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
efi stock 5.0 and exhaust.
sounds faster than itll go,which is perfect

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my buddy had a 69 coupe with a carb'd 306 and a c4 in it car had basic bolt ons like intake and headers with a tiny bit of cam and he put 3.80s in the rear....car would run 14.10s-14.30s all day long depending on the weather.

definetly make sure its got disc brakes in the front before you do anything else and also power steerting to make lif easy

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
Originally posted by Ty:
my buddy had a 69 coupe with a carb'd 306 and a c4 in it car had basic bolt ons like intake and headers with a tiny bit of cam and he put 3.80s in the rear....car would run 14.10s-14.30s all day long depending on the weather.

definetly make sure its got disc brakes in the front before you do anything else and also power steerting to make lif easy

I just want him to have a cool classic An if he does get into drag racing then thas about as fast as I want him to go!!! lol
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea it was actually a really nice drivable setup car got like 17 or 18 mpg and could still get down if he needed it to

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EXcobra/LS1NOW:
quote:

The most expensive thing will be the computer and wiring harness. The rest of the parts can be had cheap. Here is a link on a conversion that was done on a 66 GT

http://www.mustangsplus.com/tech/efi/index.html

[ February 15, 2009, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: 92stangLX ]

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
quote:
quote:

The most expensive thing will be the computer and wiring harness. The rest of the parts can be had cheap. Here is a link on a conversion that was done on a 66 GT

It would be so much easier to just put a different intake an a carb on there though, but ima let my pops know on all the ideas an see wich route he wants to take.... THANKS FELLAS!!
91CHP_Coupe
¯
Member # 7686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91CHP_Coupe  Ford pictures for 91CHP_Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
306 or 302 H/C/I. built auto with good stall converter 2,500 or 3,000 grand and some track gears for the rear. should be running low 13's easily...

--------------------
69 Mach 1
91 Coupe HCI. SOLD
04 DSG Mach 1

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
Originally posted by 91CHP_Coupe:
306 or 302 H/C/I. built auto with good stall converter 2,500 or 3,000 grand and some track gears for the rear. should be running low 13's easily...

HELL NO, im not putting my 16 year old brother in a stalled low 13 second car!!!
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It would be so much easier to just put a different intake an a carb on there though, but ima let my pops know on all the ideas an see wich route he wants to take.... THANKS FELLAS!!
Very true. It would be a lot easier to stay carb'd. I always loved the resto-mod thing.. taking the old school looks with the new technology so I thought I would throw it out [patriot]
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Very true. It would be a lot easier to stay carb'd. I always loved the resto-mod thing.. taking the old school looks with the new technology so I thought I would throw it out [patriot]
Yea I like it to but I kinda want to have the classic look... Probably paint the engine bay black an put A bunch of pretty chrome on it!!
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put a LS1 j/k

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah put in ls1 in it those things are slow and reliable [patriot] [Razz]
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let the shit begin

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here. This should do it...

-

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I have 69 coupe use to be my daily it had A 302 boss in it.

- Pics of said Boss 302 or I'm calling [BS flag] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com