Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pic's of Fox's on 18" rims

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pic's of Fox's on 18" rims
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Guys,

Post up pics of Fox's on 18's. Im starting to gather the parts for a 5lug conversion, and trying to figure out what rims to get. no cobra r's lol

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all same car
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Fox Lightning
¯
Member # 7658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox Lightning  Ford pictures for Fox Lightning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Wink]

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
K7 Gsxr 750 (stock) 10.89 @ 137
68 Coupe N/A (stock) 302 t5 9" 12.2 ON 315-18" DR's (under construction)

Raider A's Warriors

exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
all same car
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

man...you just don't get tired of seen thos fury's [Smile]

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup 18" rims look good.

Im kinda trying to find some BBS rims that I saw on a cover car for MM&FF...cant find the pics now, but the rims were badass. I'm gonna go with something other then ford replicas....although those saleens look pretty sweet.

If anyone has pics of non-ford rims...throw them up!

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

[ January 22, 2009, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
 -

car is straight wicked clean bro...but i hope a tubular k mem. dont make my front wheels position like that... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
 -

car is straight wicked clean bro...but i hope a tubular k mem. dont make my front wheels position like that... [Roll Eyes]
Most aftermarket k members will push the wheels about 1/2"-3/4" forward, but will actually make the wheels more centered in the wheelwell than stock. Lukes k member actually pushes the wheels forward more than that because he got the Griggs K member with the forward offset... I think that pic makes it appear to look more forward than it really is due to the angle & it looked like the wheel was turned to the right slightly...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, that's 1.5" forward. Griggs does not F around, lol...

--------------------
Stangless

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Edit: Nevermind im dumb its in his sig ... haha

[ January 23, 2009, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: 90gtvert ]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

92highway
¯
Member # 6542

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92highway  Ford pictures for 92highway    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
18"saleens
 -
 -

[ January 23, 2009, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: 92highway ]

--------------------
!MUSCLE TOYZ!
92highway
64 Mustang (for sale)
93 svt Cobra (for sale)
96Mystic#1043(sold)
73Maverick(project)

Posts: 805 | From: Bay Area/ Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the white coupe with the bbs wheels does not look right at all. front wheels are way to close to the front part of the wheel well
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
the white coupe with the bbs wheels does not look right at all. front wheels are way to close to the front part of the wheel well

Doubt he is going for looks with that K-Member, but its one of the best for road racing.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:

Doubt he is going for looks with that K-Member, but its one of the best for road racing.

Mike

idk maybe its just me, but it looks very out of place. I just couldnt see a tasteless mod like that on a pretty nice car...jmo... [patriot]
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

idk maybe its just me, but it looks very out of place. I just couldnt see a tasteless mod like that on a pretty nice car...jmo... [patriot]
Lol unless you road raced it and wanted maximum cornering force [Wink]

But yes to each his own!

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

The forward offset look is definitely not for everyone as it does require some front fender modification and fender spreading. I've grown quite fond of the look however and appreciate the performance advantages it offers. Epik is correct above in that the angle at which the pic was taken amplifies just how far the front wheels really are.

Remember, there is something to be said about function before form. Griggs racing is the most respected name in the business when it comes to getting serious about handling, with Maximum Motorsports closely there as well. Griggs designed one of the lightest K-members on the market with raised A-arm inner mounting points, raised steering rack mounting points to reduce bumpsteer, angled the A-arms to improve anti-dive characteristics during braking, improved postive caster capability, and best of all it weighs only 18lbs. Judging from your comment, I don't expect you to know much about those topics, but that's ok.

I have never heard anyone call the Griggs K-member a tasteless mod, lol. Perhaps you are more of the "tasteful" mod kind of guy who appreciates K&N filters and Flowmaster mufflers? If so, not to worry, my car has those to [Wink]

JMO lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stangless

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

The forward offset look is definitely not for everyone as it does require some front fender modification and fender spreading. I've grown quite fond of the look however and appreciate the performance advantages it offers. Epik is correct above in that the angle at which the pic was taken amplifies just how far the front wheels really are.

Remember, there is something to be said about function before form. Griggs racing is the most respected name in the business when it comes to getting serious about handling, with Maximum Motorsports closely there as well. Griggs designed one of the lightest K-members on the market with raised A-arm inner mounting points, raised steering rack mounting points to reduce bumpsteer, angled the A-arms to improve anti-dive characteristics during braking, improved postive caster capability, and best of all it weighs only 18lbs. Judging from your comment, I don't expect you to know much about those topics, but that's ok.

I have never heard anyone call the Griggs K-member a tasteless mod, lol. Perhaps you are more of the "tasteful" mod kind of guy who appreciates K&N filters and Flowmaster mufflers? If so, not to worry, my car has those to [Wink]

JMO lol [Big Grin]

tasteless as in appearance wise. my comment summed up means I cannot justify my front wheel being SO FAR off centered that it looks like a mistake. not to say the mod dint improve your car in other aspects. just saying as far as looks go.....nah it isnt working. clean none the less.
StockMotorHero
¯
Member # 6171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StockMotorHero  Ford pictures for StockMotorHero    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Luke's car is the epitome of a highway, clean, slick, and purposeful. Look at that stance... simply perfect. Tire heights and aspect ratios...precisely calculated. Can't be said for 99% of clapped out highways on the road today.

And for the dudes with 18" Saleens ... strictly East Oakland or 1999 throw back everywhere else. Nigguh please....

Posts: 21 | From: orange county, ca | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Roush Rims  -

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
welch93lx
¯
Member # 8748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for welch93lx  Ford pictures for welch93lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
Roush Rims  -

do u want to sale that hood.....

--------------------
1991 LX HAtchback
R.I.P LUIS

LS1EATR
¯
Member # 2702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LS1EATR  Ford pictures for LS1EATR  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here are pics sum pics with 18's not mine
 -
 -

--------------------
"IF U CAN SEE MY TAIL LIGHTS
U MUST BE DRIVING A "CHEVY"
NORCALSVTOA
A.E.D
98 Cobra BAB SOLD

Posts: 1193 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Saleenssc14
¯
Member # 7791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleenssc14  Ford pictures for Saleenssc14    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey john where did u get those 18 inch 03 cobras??

--------------------
Carlos Munoz

Posts: 1156 | From: Union City | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AFS makes them dont know if their on ebay still or not

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87coupe510  Ford pictures for 87coupe510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my old car 18x9 and 18x10 fr500s

-

-

--------------------
RAIN OR SHINE I STAY SIDEWAYS IN MY STANG!!!!!!!!!!!
1993 Coupe "Stock" "It's Just Exhaust"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com