Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » kimbo fight rigged? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: kimbo fight rigged?
saleenking428
Member # 8692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleenking428  Ford pictures for saleenking428    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was talking to a guy who ownes his own mma gym tonight when i was working out. he said the kimbo fight had to be rigged for the folloeing reasons.

1. kimbo was givin extra money, in fact alot of extra money right befor the fight

2. kimbo looked un easy and pissed off.

3. since kinbo is a brawler theres no way the guy could have thrown a punch hard enough on one foot to stun kimbo

4. you cannot punch some one hard enought on one foot to ko or stun some one because the enertia (sp?) just isnt there as you cannot gain a full powerfull swing.

I dunno if it was or not, but i do know in any pro sport there are people who are payed off from time to time.

--------------------
1989 hatch "lowet50" (sold)
1989 faleen "noslo50" (sold)
1996 saleen s-281 #314 (sold)
1998 saleen blown s281 commingsoon

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by saleenking428:
i was talking to a guy who ownes his own mma gym tonight when i was working out. he said the kimbo fight had to be rigged for the folloeing reasons.

1. kimbo was givin extra money, in fact alot of extra money right befor the fight

3. since kinbo is a brawler theres no way the guy could have thrown a punch hard enough on one foot to stun kimbo

4. you cannot punch some one hard enought on one foot to ko or stun some one because the enertia (sp?) just isnt there as you cannot gain a full powerfull swing.

I dunno if it was or not, but i do know in any pro sport there are people who are payed off from time to time.

I'm going to say that people just need to stop....

it happens...

why would they want to fix a fight with someone who will be parking cars in a month anyways....and yet their golden ball fall???

think about the money before the physics...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDafeHoypnA&feature=related
ya this was a throw to he couldnt have knocked him out it wasnt hard enough lol hahahahahaha

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there was an article about the fight that kimbo
was given extra just so he would fight, since shamrock had to drop-out, he had to fight a no name so the was nothing in it for him, the extra money was negotiated so he would still fight

Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
saleenking428
Member # 8692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleenking428  Ford pictures for saleenking428    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fyi i dont think it was rigged.

--------------------

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it wasnt rigged. people will say it was to try and discredit the winner and the actual loss. Kimbo got his ass spanked clean and clear, and all of his followers and believers are gonna come up with ever excuse possible to try and justify his loss [BS flag]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya kimbo just went in there thinking he was gonna get a quick win but he got caught wit a hot one and hit the floor , check the slow mo replay u can see he got his shit split open and that is hard to fake.
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea reminiscent of Rahman punch on Lennox Lewis. Knocked Lennox out cold some thought Lennox was a fraud. But because boxing has better PR/management they immediately re-matched and Lennox dismantled him. If this sport/league has any credibility they would immediately schedule a re-match to erase all doubt either way. If kimbo wins convincingly. It puts his path back on track. If he loses he is exposed for a sham. Their PR and management is terrible and makes me look at this sport as some sort of freak show if you will. How can you build up a guy. Then as he falls from grace just let him spiral. They should have had press conferences, and immediately spoke of a rematch.

What ever league put on this event sucks monkey teets and makes MMA look bad.

saleenking428
Member # 8692

hmm probably why there going bankrupt.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by saleenking428:

You tell that guy that those are the weakest excuses i have ever heard and i don't even fight mma and can realize that.
Number 4 is the dumbest excuse i have ever heard, he doesn't know the other fighter or how strong he is. If that was a true statement the superman punch wouldn't be used in mma.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

whitelx91
¯
Member # 8317

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitelx91  Ford pictures for whitelx91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its funny how kimbo was a sav on youtube but once he stepped into a real ring with real fighters he gets his ass wooped! Big monkey

SuistangS [BS flag]

--------------------
SuistangS

Posts: 380 | From: Sacramento Ca. | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by whitelx91:
its funny how kimbo was a sav on youtube but once he stepped into a real ring with real fighters he gets his ass wooped! Big monkey

SuistangS [BS flag]

I mean the dude is human. I am not sure why it is so bad that he got caught with a hot one. It was bound to happen even in his street fights. But his aura of invincibility has been greatly diminished. He has lost in a street fight before as well. Also this is a more disciplined sport. So it is a not the same as a street fight. Thus he needed training. Not surprising he lost to me. He has had but a fraction of the training/experience that most have had in MMA.
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone gets knocked out it only takes 5# of pressure on the right spot of the chin where the nerves are

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by whitelx91:

SuistangS [BS flag]

I mean the dude is human. I am not sure why it is so bad that he got caught with a hot one. It was bound to happen even in his street fights. But his aura of invincibility has been greatly diminished. He has lost in a street fight before as well. Also this is a more disciplined sport. So it is a not the same as a street fight. Thus he needed training. Not surprising he lost to me. He has had but a fraction of the training/experience that most have had in MMA.
kimbo was a lop he fought a bunch of no namers from the street! He dosent deserve to be in a mma leage of any kind, he discrased the sport. In so many ways he is a shame just look at the fight "kimbo vs james", that punk kimbo tapped out and the whole world saw. kimbo is a boxer and he knows he cant brawl thats why he never shaved of that dirt ball beard. they should have banned him for the beard, whos going to be able to hold on to his head with all that hair. comeon!!! no rematches for no namers, the streets dont make your name in the cage!  -

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there should be a rematch we would all watch it and it would make money. there is no more reason needed then that.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Insurance Dude:
there should be a rematch we would all watch it and it would make money. there is no more reason needed then that.

If they were smart that would be the case. But it seems they aren't.

I think Kimbo deserves to be there. I mean they have a classification for him it seems. Some are known for their ground game/grappling, some are known for the martial arts, some are known punching (like Liddell). And we all know that Kimbo has KO power so I would consider him a puncher/brawler. So why wouldn't he deserve to be there? And one freak loss is no measure of a persons fortitude. I can see if the dude pounded Kimbo over a series of rounds. But it was a chance shot and it hit the button. It happens. Happens to the best of them. I think Kimbo is still the biggest attraction for them, especially if they spin this loss right. They should hire us for the PR and advertisement [Razz]

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

If they were smart that would be the case. But it seems they aren't.

I think Kimbo deserves to be there. I mean they have a classification for him it seems. Some are known for their ground game/grappling, some are known for the martial arts, some are known punching (like Liddell). And we all know that Kimbo has KO power so I would consider him a puncher/brawler. So why wouldn't he deserve to be there? And one freak loss is no measure of a persons fortitude. I can see if the dude pounded Kimbo over a series of rounds. But it was a chance shot and it hit the button. It happens. Happens to the best of them. I think Kimbo is still the biggest attraction for them, especially if they spin this loss right. They should hire us for the PR and advertisement [Razz]

Fuck that. These fighters worked hard to be in the publicized cage. For a lame from the streets to come along and basicaly tell these guys all there hard work ment nothing, if a street punk can just walk in and get title belt recognition thats fucked up. They would give the biggest slap in the face to the real fighters when they give a nobody a rematch. hell no! kimbo is always going to be just a street punk he got beat up just face it N8. If anyone thinks other wise it just shows that person has no respect for the sport, and shouldnt be talking about it at all.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Yea he lost, no doubt. But my point is for the integrity of the event, they should grant the rematch (to dispell the fix argument and the he's a bum argument). Could be a cash cow as well as a attraction. Street fighting tough man style is nothing to shake a stick at. And you can tell even there he had natural boxing ability (his punches were crisp and accurate). And they say once in training he had great work ethic. I think he should have went the boxing route anyway and not MMA. Not arguing I am just not sure how some can say he don't belong. Yes they rushed him along, but to say he dont belong?
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Yea he lost, no doubt. But my point is for the integrity of the event, they should grant the rematch (to dispell the fix argument and the he's a bum argument). Could be a cash cow as well as a attraction. Street fighting tough man style is nothing to shake a stick at. And you can tell even there he had natural boxing ability (his punches were crisp and accurate). And they say once in training he had great work ethic. I think he should have went the boxing route anyway and not MMA. Not arguing I am just not sure how some can say he don't belong. Yes they rushed him along, but to say he dont belong?

granted, it would be a cash cow but i am with you on the boxing route. He doesnt belong in the mma sport considering his arts arent mixed, i mean look at tank abot it was just a matter of time for him to. Maybe they should bring back the street fight class, but they wont because mma class brings more spectators.
when people start to realize why they stoped watching street fights in the first place, thats when kimbo will fall even harder.
Maybe it was for the better of his short career.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha it wasn't rigged, Kimbo was thier golden boy. They wanted him to keep him winning. Like I said they should have found an even bigger scrub then Seth to fight him so that he could win. I can't image what guys like Alovski, Kongo, Antonio Silva, or even Brett Rogers would do to Kimbo on thier feet.

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fr5.0 you are right about kimbo being a street punk but for someone like me who really doesnt watch MMA he is like the only fighter i know. the MMA needs to either make a rematch or they need to promote an other fighter the way they promoted kimbo. otherwise they will lose the average sports fan.

i had never seen an mma fight has hyped as this one. they talked about it on PTI, around the horn and sports center. i can not even remember the last time mma was mentioned on those three shows.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
fr5.0 you are right about kimbo being a street punk but for someone like me who really doesnt watch MMA he is like the only fighter i know. the MMA needs to either make a rematch or they need to promote an other fighter the way they promoted kimbo. otherwise they will lose the average sports fan.

i had never seen an mma fight has hyped as this one. they talked about it on PTI, around the horn and sports center. i can not even remember the last time mma was mentioned on those three shows.

Ya i know what youre saying but you can see it from my point of view to, but even i could never imagine what the fighters feel about that punk.

No disin. but its prob. the same when they sub contracts out to dif. countrys for MLB to take american bball players spots ya know.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dana said it best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl9Fo04WKO4&feature=related

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Dana said it best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl9Fo04WKO4&feature=related

And here's his most recent thoughts... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkYC8TBzmmQ

[ October 14, 2008, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: 00NIGHTMARE ]

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

I dont know much about this Brett Rogers guy. What is his style? He comes across as a style similar to Kimbos.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com