Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My z28 vs SRT8 Jeep

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My z28 vs SRT8 Jeep
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know this is about Fords but I just wanted to share my encounter with a Jeep SRT8 last night while driving my Camaro. I thought those things were faster.
We went at it a few times on the freeway and I took em' every time. Only mods I have is a Magnaflow catback, from the sounds of it he had exhaust done too.
I just hear alot of people brag about how fast they are, but one got took by a stock LS1!

[ August 01, 2008, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: COBRAreflection ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would've been closer if you raced off the line...From a dig they hook really well....
Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah they sure do. I just saw some vids on you tube, those things launch.

[ August 01, 2008, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: COBRAreflection ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those things are death from a DIG! Non the less good kill!

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Kill, I want to play with one of those with my Audi, I just havent found one on the road yet.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not surprised that you took one on the freeway. It's like pushing a damn brick down the road.
Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not surprised either... The Ls1 can never lose! Haha

I'd like to see how you'd do from a dig.. Those things are beasts from what I've seen online. They seem to always outrun cars that trap right around the same (101-106ish) hard from a dig. You should catch him but I wonder how long it will take you?

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock ls1... he might not catch him if he doesn't have a good set of tires...

Chris ran a 13.30 in his and it was bone stock... and his sixty footer was like a 1.6... those things are fucking quick from a dig.

Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Dave:

I'd like to see how you'd do from a dig.. Those things are beasts from what I've seen online. They seem to always outrun cars that trap right around the same (101-106ish) hard from a dig. You should catch him but I wonder how long it will take you?

Yeah the LSx is amazing to me. Seems like you can have less HP with that motor, close to even weight with vehicles, and pull off the win.
For example, I've seen modified 03/04 Cobras that dyno more HP that will lose or barely win to a modified LSx motor equipped car with less HP [Confused]
Or am I missing something?

[ August 02, 2008, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: COBRAreflection ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have beaten (stock) LS1's out of a dig his street tires to my street tires...
With my stock (magnaflows and 4.10's) '06 Mustang GT. I have even taken a GTO out of a dig. And he had long tubes. [Razz]

[ August 02, 2008, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: gt from 650 ]

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
VICSWS6
¯
Member # 6677

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VICSWS6  Ford pictures for VICSWS6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by COBRAreflection:
quote:

Yeah the LSx is amazing to me. Seems like you can have less HP with that motor, close to even weight with vehicles, and pull off the win.
For example, I've seen modified 03/04 Cobras that dyno more HP that will lose or barely win to a modified LSx motor equipped car with less HP [Confused]

yeah this is true I seen 455rwhp 03 and 04 cobras get taken buy cam only ls1 and thats only about 411rwhp on the ls1...
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by VICSWS6:
quote:
quote:

yeah this is true I seen 455rwhp 03 and 04 cobras get taken buy cam only ls1 and thats only about 411rwhp on the ls1...
It's not that the LS1 is a magic motor it's the weight of the Terminators that eat up there power. You put that 455hp in a Mach 1 that weighs close to the LS1 cars , the Mach will win by almost a half second in the 1/4. [patriot]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tinner:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's not that the LS1 is a magic motor it's the weight of the Terminators that eat up there power. You put that 455hp in a Mach 1 that weighs close to the LS1 cars , the Mach will win by almost a half second in the 1/4. [patriot]
u put that 455hp in a foxbody and, well..........u know what happens [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

411rwhp corvettes could beat a 455rwhp 03-04 Cobra because of the weight diffeerence. A F-body would lose by a couple of cars though.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com