Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » machine shop

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: machine shop
sik4.6
¯
Member # 7680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sik4.6  Ford pictures for sik4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where is a good shop to take my block f my 03 cobra to get cleaned and prep for a rebuilt? thanks ahead of time.
Posts: 303 | From: here there everywhere in cali | Registered: May 2007  |  :
IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have the same question. around the bay area??
Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not the bay, but if you want it done RIGHT take it to AED in Cameron park CA. If it aint done "right" it aint done. So you,,,, decide if the drive is worth it.
P.S. If your gonna spend the money get it dont right.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are they actually working out of Cameron Park now? I thought they were in the Bay Area?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are in the bay area go to Daves Engine and Machine in Newark. Tell them that the lil redhead cummins said wazzzup.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
Are they actually working out of Cameron Park now? I thought they were in the Bay Area?

99% of our work comes out of the Cameron Park location. However, Shaun is still doing custom dyno tuning in the Santa Clara shop on Mondays. We have ordered a in ground dyno for the Cameron Park shop and will soon be tuning there on the weekends as well. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Daves Engine and Machine did the machine work on my 03 cobra motor. I did the final assembly.
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jph331:
Daves Engine and Machine did the machine work on my 03 cobra motor. I did the final assembly.

+1

Dave's machine-best in the bay

Top of the Hill Performance in Livermore-best in the valley!

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Give Jeff Zinola a call at Zinola Machine Shop 650-390-9367. top notch work at good prices.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Bronco Man
¯
Member # 8401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronco Man  Ford pictures for Bronco Man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup Daves in newark The best in the bay area. See Angie she's great and smart as a whip.

--------------------
Hillars4xLube.com
Contact me anytime for questions... 510-857-7282

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I too have heard nothing but great things from Daves & hear Angie is awesome.

However, there are certain *issues* with the 4V's we like to address while at the machine shop & during final assembly. Including using specific parts for misc reasons.

Don't take care of these *issues* & you'll still end up with a good motor....just no better than stock with better pistons.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Bronco Man
¯
Member # 8401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronco Man  Ford pictures for Bronco Man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey she'll listen to anything you have in mind. But she won't BS you she tellsit like it is if you want something special she will work with you.If it wont work she'll tell you straight up, she makes shure all the geometry is perfect or she wont let it go. It costs more but they will dino in house also. They haven't lost an engine in over 20 years of opperation. wait till you see some of the engines they build.

--------------------
Hillars4xLube.com

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
If you are in the bay area go to Daves Engine and Machine in Newark. Tell them that the lil redhead cummins said wazzzup.

how are the prices at Daves? I need my R327 checked out.

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92_chp:
quote:

If you do a full engine build you'll get 10% off labor if you mention my name. No joke either. Just talk to Angie. Prices are average but in this industry you get what you pay for and cheap cost you more in the long run. Plus you'll save with the 10% discount. Whoever you go with, just make sure they have a great track record and great customer support. I've dealt with tons of places in the bay and so far Daves has been the best that I've been to. I'm not saying there are other places out there that are also good. Just saying from my own person experiences that they are the best that I have dealt with. They aren't going to cut corners and they aren't going to bullshit you. Good honest peeps that care about their customers.

--------------------

Bronco Man
¯
Member # 8401

Sup Cummins? Thats right, my personal experiences have been gret at Daves. Their straight forward and no BS. Their doing an engine for a buddy of mine, he's building a 383 stroker for a 75 blazer, rock crawler, running 39.5's and doubler transfer case, w/corporate back and 60 front. LOTS of torque, all forged rotating assembly and pistons, studed block 4 bolt mains, can't wait to go wheelin'. Shold be well over 500 ponies!!!

--------------------
Hillars4xLube.com

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

quote:
quote:
quote:

If you do a full engine build you'll get 10% off labor if you mention my name. No joke either. Just talk to Angie. Prices are average but in this industry you get what you pay for and cheap cost you more in the long run. Plus you'll save with the 10% discount. Whoever you go with, just make sure they have a great track record and great customer support. I've dealt with tons of places in the bay and so far Daves has been the best that I've been to. I'm not saying there are other places out there that are also good. Just saying from my own person experiences that they are the best that I have dealt with. They aren't going to cut corners and they aren't going to bullshit you. Good honest peeps that care about their customers.
hey cummins do you have the number for the shop?

thanks for the help,

Ivan

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
87 Coupe

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Here's the number if you get a voice mail make sure to leave a message with your contact information.

510-797-9536

You can also email Angie direct at

angie-moparengines@sbcglobal.net

--------------------

nine
¯
Member # 6732

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nine  Ford pictures for nine    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bronco Man:
Hey she'll listen to anything you have in mind. But she won't BS you she tellsit like it is if you want something special she will work with you.If it wont work she'll tell you straight up, she makes shure all the geometry is perfect or she wont let it go. It costs more but they will dino in house also. They haven't lost an engine in over 20 years of opperation. wait till you see some of the engines they build.

Damn...that's better than Roush or Yates. They lose engines all the time...
IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

quote:
Here's the number if you get a voice mail make sure to leave a message with your contact information.

510-797-9536

Thanks cummins i email her today

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
87 Coupe

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:

510-797-9536

Thanks cummins i email her today
No prob, I'll also contact her and tell her to keep an eye out for your email

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

I gave her the heads up that you'd be emailing her. Have you discussed the build with her? Just wondering how things are going.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com