Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody install cable for COMCAST???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody install cable for COMCAST???
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I live in a apartment building that the main cable box for for my level is next to me and the doors aren't locked. I took a peek in there and saw my apartment numbers cable line. Some apartment numbers have this little C02 looking thing that is connected and some don't like mine. But there are some that are laying in the box that aren't being used (The c02 looking thing). How do those work? LOL. Is it all by signal or just those little metal C02 looking things?

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those are filters.... they either filter out upper expanded channels if u only pay for the lowest basic package or they are filters for comcast internet users that dont pay for tv signal.
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They're filters (it blocks the comcast signal), if you take it off you'll have free cable [Wink] if you do this make sure you do others and not just yours, so is not obvious.

[ May 09, 2008, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: xvt's 85 5.0 ]

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have cable already. I was just wondering about premium channels. But I forgot that I don't even have the box, so I won't be able to get to those high channels anyhow.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
I have cable already. I was just wondering about premium channels. But I forgot that I don't even have the box, so I won't be able to get to those high channels anyhow.

Correct. Get a spare box from a friend!
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
find a friend that has all the premiums,then pay him $5.00 a month to rent an extra box youll get what he gets as long as its in the same cable system(peninsula).

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by maeco:
find a friend that has all the premiums,then pay him $5.00 a month to rent an extra box youll get what he gets as long as its in the same cable system(peninsula).

kinda jacked for the friend..only $5 more and gets to view all the same channels...if the friend was smart...he would ask to split the bill or at least 40/60 or 30/70...i see this all the time and think the account holder gets suckerd. by the way...not only does it have to be in the same cable system...it must be in the same city.
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
quote:
Originally posted by maeco:

kinda jacked for the friend..only $5 more and gets to view all the same channels...if the friend was smart...he would ask to split the bill or at least 40/60 or 30/70...i see this all the time and think the account holder gets suckerd. by the way...not only does it have to be in the same cable system...it must be in the same city.
your right about spliting bill but in my case i wouldnt charge my parents half the bill,not even $5.00.

for the city thang like i said "same cable system"richmond cable systen supports all most sorounding cities.so if you have a box from richond account will work in hercules.if you have a box in dc will work in ssf,but if you have a box in ssf,dc,sm,sf,rc they wont work accross the bay. [Wink]

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for that reason u should go w/ a satellite. all u need is the access card registered to a friends account including a dish at your location.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

+1 hook me up.nah just playing iam okay with my slingbox thru my work. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com