Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would you offer for this car?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What would you offer for this car?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Black 1992 Mustang "LX" Hatchback with full Saleen conversion
2xx,xxx miles, I think 217k
Oil pressure fluctuates, and drops when throttle given, blows some blue smoke in 1st gear with heavy throttle, BUT hasn't been driven for almost 3 years.
Hood flipped in the past, but damage was mostly to the hood and the plastic cowl grate, the cowl panel has some damage but very minor compared to others I've seen.
Clearcoat is peeling -everywhere-, all trim is faded to hell, mirrors are basically white, window rails are peeling, etc. Body is otherwise clean and straight, some minor scuffs on front bumper cover and a couple minor door dings.
Has correct saleen strut tower, k-member, subframe, and racecraft springs. Has the bumper covers, fender extensions, rocker panels, rear bumper, and wing. Has the graphics package with racecraft suspension sticker and the windshield banner.
Has the 4 lug stern wheels, stock drums and 5.0 brakes
Has a set of shorty headers, look like BBK, stock H-pipe, and what looks/sounds like 2 chamber flowmasters welded in the stock catback.
It's a 5 speed with stock shifter, clutch feels like it needs work (pedal flutters with slight pressure, probably TOB) but shifts smooth and doesn't slip, has gray interior, but the front and rear seats were recovered 3 years ago with black, they have the halo headrests and the drivers seat is a flo-fit recaro.
It does not have a saleen # badge, and the owner says the parts were all installed by saleen but it was bought as an LX from the dealer originally.

Basically the problems are all cosmetic, but the engine will need to be replaced/rebuilt soon I fear because of the oil pressure fluctuations...

I figure with a new paintjob and minor body work, it's worth $5k, but as is, what should I offer?

Owner is 2nd owner, an older gentlemen that works where I do, he drives a new edge convertible now and the 'saleen' has just been parked rotting away.

[ February 18, 2008, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$1500 at most. It needs an engine, prob a trans soon and a good amount of body work. besides the high miles on the chassis.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's a 16 year old car it's going to need alot of work cosmetic, engine, etc.
89Saleen310
¯
Member # 5397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Saleen310  Ford pictures for 89Saleen310  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is this the dude that is selling the svo cobra 2 and saleen as a package.

--------------------
89 Saleen #310
64 1/2 coupe
73 mach 1
73 vert
66 vert
65 vert
67 coupe
67 coupe
66 coupe

Posts: 1128 | From: Oakland Hills (montclair) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 73beast351c:
is this the dude that is selling the svo cobra 2 and saleen as a package.

I'm not from the bay area, so I'll go out on a limb and say no...

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personally I think it isn't worth $5k much especially with one needing motor work at least.

If it isn't a real Saleen with badge numbers and all its just an LX with mods. Poor mods compared to the technology nowadays.

Show some pics..

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a TON of work to get it up to par even. $500

[ February 19, 2008, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$1800

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$1.50 [patriot]
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
lethal2v
¯
Member # 8213

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lethal2v  Ford pictures for lethal2v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id go around $1000, it seems like it needs alot to be a reliable driver.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

I'm thinking of offering 800, just wanted to know if I was way off base or not.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
blind, sounds like this car is worth as much as the kit and the rims are worth. Other than that, it sound worthless.

body work, paint, engine, tranny... sounds like a HUGE headache waiting to happen for the next owner.

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you even know if it is salvaged or not? If its not then 1500 is the max i would pay, start off by offering 1300. If its salvaged, 1000 bucks. 5K??? forgetaboutit
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car sounds like it would sell in an instant on craigslist and maybe even on here.

Clean title 5.0 5 speed car that was an original desireable color and no sunroof?

I still say $1800.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

yes it's a clean title, or I wouldn't have even gone to see it.

it sounds like the guy wants 1500 for it, I don't want to pay more than $1k

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com