Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Abandonded buildings/stuff

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Abandonded buildings/stuff
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/california_home_page.htm

Pretty cool. Didn't know about the Sun microsystems building being abandoned.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool photos, wish there was some info.., I think drawbridge is near the dumbarton bridge, I've heard of it and it was abandoned because the whole town was sinking. I know of several brand new sun microsystems that have never been occupied. It is a tax thing, rather than get taxed on all their profit they just build new offices and never occupy them, then write it off as a loss because there not leased to anyone.
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i love abandoned buildings, wish i could visit this place. Looks real cool

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/saiga/yuji/gallary/menu-e.html

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think it would be cool to visit the city that was abandoned when the nuclear reactor went back in russia. I heard is safe around the buildings but the reactor can fail again which makes it dangerous

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

E's 89COUPE
¯
Member # 6569

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for E's 89COUPE  Ford pictures for E's 89COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
COOL PLACES AND PIC'S MAKE'S YOU THINK WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE???

--------------------
SIDE JOBS PERFORMANCE & GENERAL MECHANIC 510-875-0502 EDDIE

2005 F150
89.LX COUPE
68.Cougar
89 civic HB

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drawbridge Ghost City is in Milpitas/Fremont. To get there go to automall parkway west toward the old dumps. When you get to the railroad tracks right in from of the dump take a left in the dirt/mud or whatever the fuck and just follow the railroad tracks as far as you dare to drive. Then get out, put on your walking shoes and truck it for about 2 miles. Pretty sick out there. BlackNGold and I went out there one. My father in law and his dad used to sell their crops from their farm there. Abandonded because them marsh land and water kept coming in as that city is below see level. Can't stop nature.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

-
an equipment depo outside of Chernobyl

[ January 29, 2008, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Drawbridge Ghost City is in Milpitas/Fremont. To get there go to automall parkway west toward the old dumps. When you get to the railroad tracks right in from of the dump take a left in the dirt/mud or whatever the fuck and just follow the railroad tracks as far as you dare to drive. Then get out, put on your walking shoes and truck it for about 2 miles. Pretty sick out there. BlackNGold and I went out there one. My father in law and his dad used to sell their crops from their farm there. Abandonded because them marsh land and water kept coming in as that city is below see level. Can't stop nature.

for anyone trying this you won't get far in a truck, I used to wheel out there and even with 35's you won't get far. cool though
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
 -

yea, chernobyl is another place id love to visit. it is fairly safe now and some people have actually moved back there. there was a documentary or something on tv last week but i didnt have time to catch it, looked pretty cool. if you go to www.Flickr.com there are alot of cool pics too

edit: where is betteravia, ca?

[ January 29, 2008, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: 86BackInBlack ]

--------------------

0Cobra3
¯
Member # 2901

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0Cobra3  Ford pictures for 0Cobra3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Betteravia is located south of Pismo and just North of Vandenberg Air Force Base. Another cool place is Herlong Army Depot outside of Susanville. I drove out there a few years back and wow!!!!

Really wierd driving around an old Army Base. It would take a long time to view all the buildings out there. I got lost in there and took me a awile to find my way out.

--------------------
It'll be fine....just run it.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 86BackInBlack:
quote:
 -

yea, chernobyl is another place id love to visit. it is fairly safe now and some people have actually moved back there. there was a documentary or something on tv last week but i didnt have time to catch it, looked pretty cool. if you go to www.Flickr.com there are alot of cool pics too

that would be sik to live there although i heard the reactor fix isn't a stable one. If i lived there i'd have a couple of tanks and stuff in my driveway haha.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 86BackInBlack:
quote:
 -

that would be sik to live there although i heard the reactor fix isn't a stable one. If i lived there i'd have a couple of tanks and stuff in my driveway haha.
haha, of course not, nothing is stable in russia lol. check this site out for some funny/crazy stuff: www.englishrussia.com

--------------------

lwrs10
¯
Member # 7820

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lwrs10  Ford pictures for lwrs10    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for abandoned building you CANNOT beat this site...

www.opacity.us

--------------------
2003 Cobra....Not stock
1990 Hatch...DD
1979 Indy Pace car...F/S

Posts: 102 | From: Marysville | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lwrs10:
for abandoned building you CANNOT beat this site...

www.opacity.us

Awesome, thanks for sharing that site! I love that stuff and just spent quite a bit of time checking it out. There are several links to other sites there too so I'm sure I can stay busy for many hours checking stuff out. [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm surprised mt umunhum in south san jose wasn't in there. I just made a trek up to the top on my mountain bike last week. tons of abandoned buildings up there from the old almaden air station.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com