Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what to do...advice? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what to do...advice?
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so a guy i used to work with wanted my kx250....he had no cash and asked it id take 1500 for it at 50bux a month....so w/e i write a contract and give him the bike...hes paid the last 4 payments but now turned his phone off and lost his job...and im sick of having to drive to him to collect when he is supposed to come to me...hes over a week late....what should i do...take it back? hes only had it 4 4 months and i see no sign of him having money anytime soon
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tough position, but you are gonna have to man up and take that shit back.

He shouldnt be putting you in an ackward position and if he is, then he gives two shits about you, so why give two shits about him and his feelings?

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i feel you....but how long should i wait...he is supposed to pay before the 1st of each month and every month i dont hear from him til i drive to his house to pick it up....now he says hell be a week late..u think 2 weeks late is long enough to take it back?
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn..but if he bein honest wit u give him a chance i tihnk..i think he good for it cuz he payed for 4 months..maybe jus make him pay u a lil more each time?

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it were me id give him till the end of the month and if he cant pay...take it back and then id tell him he has one more month to try make a payment...if not, he loses it. id at least give him a chance.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you went to collect once, dont say shit to him and if you have to go collect again, go with your truck and his cash to give back and pick the bike up.

Possession is 9/10s of the law.

--------------------

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

u think i should give him his already made payments back? he rode it and owned it and still owes 1200 i might just give him 2 more weeks
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chalk it up to a lesson learned in life. Maybe he can't afford the $50 at the moment. If he lost all those things how can he afford to pay you? Just be glad that you aren't in his shoes. Heck you sold it to him so you should have known better.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Chalk it up to a lesson learned in life. Maybe he can't afford the $50 at the moment. If he lost all those things how can he afford to pay you? Just be glad that you aren't in his shoes. Heck you sold it to him so you should have known better.

I thought your new years resolution was to start being a lil nicer to folks on here, cummins?

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kick Him back the 200 buck's that he has paid on it since it sound's like He will need the money. Get Your bike back and have Him sign it back over to You. Then find someone who can afford to pay for it up front.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would talk to him and ask him to be straight up about his situation and ask him what he wants to do about it. Based on his answer then decide how you want to handle it.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

the pink slip is still in my name....im not in the best of situations to give him back the money right now either....idk i feel that its not my problem to give him back the money being i gave him the bike outta trust i mean 50bux a month? ya know...am i being to hard or?
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

I thought your new years resolution was to start being a lil nicer to folks on here, cummins?
I am being nicer that's why I said just chalk it up. Its being nice to both people and nice to the guy who's out of a job and down on his luck.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
the pink slip is still in my name....im not in the best of situations to give him back the money right now either....idk i feel that its not my problem to give him back the money being i gave him the bike outta trust i mean 50bux a month? ya know...am i being to hard or?

oh so you aren't in good financial standing either meaning you don't have the $200 to give him back. We'll just go over to his house, sit down over a cup of hot chocolate and some donuts and talk it out. Get your bike back, split the difference on what he gave you so give him $100 back, and give him a hug. Hopefully he still has it and has not sold it.

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You shouldnt have to give him back any money, its not the deal that was made. I cant say I would be happy about him not paying, but I would have never sold it on payments to begin with, CASH in hand,you just cant trust anyone anymore, sucks but its true. What I would do is give him a few more days to come up with the money and then if he hasnt paid you or made some kind of attempt, take back the bike. He has only paid you $50.00 a month, thats not much. Maybe you can sell the bike and if you get what you want, then, and if you feel nice, kick him back his $200.00, but thats only if you feel nice!
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Kick Him back the 200 buck's that he has paid on it since it sound's like He will need the money. Get Your bike back and have Him sign it back over to You. Then find someone who can afford to pay for it up front.

Thats sounded like a great situation if you can find him.

I know some dudes that will disappear over $20. Sad but true everyone meets some single serving friends in their life.

Is the dude a drug addict or something? $50/month aint shit these days even with minimum wage.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:

Get the bike back and make him payments of $50 a month back to him.

--------------------

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1500 at 50 a month [Eek!] Give him half his money back and he should be happy your doing that, my guess is that his phone got turned off cuz he can't afford it, not cuz he's trying to avoid you. Pick up the bike and I'll gives ya the 100 to pay him and make payment's to you. I'm right here in Martinez. If you're having this much trouble now you don't want to deal with it for the next 24 something payment's. [Big Grin]
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shoot me some pics of the bike and the year make and model and I might buy it from you
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

thanks 4 the advice everyone...im going to wait aore days before i go back...hes supposed to come pay today well see...
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

oh so you aren't in good financial standing either meaning you don't have the $200 to give him back. We'll just go over to his house, sit down over a cup of hot chocolate and some donuts and talk it out. Get your bike back, split the difference on what he gave you so give him $100 back, and give him a hug. Hopefully he still has it and has not sold it.
lol cummins you can be mean again... someone has to [Big Grin]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If someone wanted to make payments to me on a $1500 bike I would laugh in their face.

If I was in your buddies shoes I would keep the bike to teach you a lesson for being so dumb.

Why don't you sell me your car and I will make $20 dollar a month payments for life, I'll be sure to make you a top priority.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
If someone wanted to make payments to me on a $1500 bike I would laugh in their face.

If I was in your buddies shoes I would keep the bike to teach you a lesson for being so dumb.

Why don't you sell me your car and I will make $20 dollar a month payments for life, I'll be sure to make you a top priority.

at least when cummins talks shit hes funny
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nothing to be funny about, you're retarded.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
nothing to be funny about, you're retarded.

cool bro your very very tough....why reply when your being stupid? seriously?

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com