Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » GOOD NEWS!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: GOOD NEWS!!!
TAHOE GT
¯
Member # 6080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAHOE GT  Ford pictures for TAHOE GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good news, all.

My insurance company, Mercury Ins., has said that they WILL PAY the claim on my car. I don't know yet if it will get fixed, but at least I won't be making payments on a GT500 paperweight.

[ October 29, 2007, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: TAHOE GT ]

Posts: 38 | From: Vallejo/El Cerrito | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats! THAT'S GOTTA BE THE BEST NEWS YOU'VE GOTTEN IN A LONG TIME!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TAHOE GT:
Good news, all.

My insurance company, Mercury Ins., has said that they WILL PAY the claim on my car. I don't know yet if it will get fixed, but at least I won't be making payments on a GT500 paperweight.

Did you tell them you were at the track? I didn't think they covered that....?

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TAHOE GT
¯
Member # 6080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TAHOE GT  Ford pictures for TAHOE GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh, yeah. They know full well that I was on-track. I'm not going to argue with them.
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thas fucking sick man, congrats. so are you gona get another one? are you gona buy it back and be the first to part one out. or keep it for 60 years and then see whats up

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

TAHOE GT
¯
Member # 6080

quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
thas fucking sick man, congrats. so are you gona get another one? are you gona buy it back and be the first to part one out. or keep it for 60 years and then see whats up

We'll see. I've no clue at the moment.
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The nice thing is that it KBBs for 21k over MSRP and you can get new 08s for closer to MSRP now!

[ October 30, 2007, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: WILDTHANG ]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have mercury insurance as well. they've never done me wrong at all. got a damn good amount when my old GT was totaled. that's good news to hear about your situation.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dips on motor if u buy back and part out [patriot]  -

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Oh, yeah. They know full well that I was on-track. I'm not going to argue with them.

really [Confused] just curious what they had to say about that and how they are still paying. I work in insurance and most companies will not cover that so for more education for me do you mind sharing more details on the situation? thanks [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
short version....
drag racing is a quote "timed" event where youre racing to beat a clock.
Road racing is not a timed event (even though laps are timed) and being that u arent actually racing against a clock its deemed to be Not a competition....ur actually just driving around like you would on the streets (only this is a private course). And its not an illegal action, ie: wrecking during a street race, i doubt is covered, this was a sanctioned(sp?) event, nothing illegal done. Insurance would be obligated to cover. No illegal acts, and not racing against a clock. [patriot]

--------------------
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Good news, all.

AWESOME!....I know I would sleep better knowing that...

Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
short version....
Road racing is not a timed event (even though laps are timed) and being that u arent actually racing against a clock its deemed to be Not a competition....ur actually just driving around like you would on the streets (only this is a private course). And its not an illegal action, ie: wrecking during a street race, i doubt is covered, this was a sanctioned(sp?) event, nothing illegal done. Insurance would be obligated to cover. No illegal acts, and not racing against a clock. [patriot]

laps are not timed unless you have a transponder in the car, it's called a high performance driving event, it's not timed so it is covered by insurance.

drag racing isn't, because it's timed.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO... if I wreck my car at the drags but don't pick up my timeslip, then I'm OK. I was only on the straightaway. The return road is the backstretch.

BTW... that's phenomenal news! It's good to hear that an insurance company is actually taking care of their customer.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
short version....

laps are not timed unless you have a transponder in the car, it's called a high performance driving event, it's not timed so it is covered by insurance.

drag racing isn't, because it's timed.

i was close enough [Razz]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOOT! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com