Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » "Don't pump gas on may 15th" (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Don't pump gas on may 15th"
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users should not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and let's try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I can't see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th".....

Would this even do anything? just wondering...

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it wont mean a thing if everyone got gas the next day.plus you wont be hurting the middle eastern oil companies you would be hurting the gas stations.once the gas is at the station the big oil companies already got paid.
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
Got50Fever
¯
Member # 4187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Got50Fever  Ford pictures for Got50Fever    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, the 'planners' have made all manner of rediculous assumptions. I mean, really, everyone will have a completely empty tank and would otherwise be filling it up to the top on May 15th??? [Roll Eyes]

Not to mention, anybody who doesn't fill up on the 15th is going to be filling up on or around either the 14th or the 16th. If this is going to be some huge movement by a bunch of mindless people, then the gas companies will raise prices on the 14th and 16th and laugh all the way to the bank.

I hope nobody actually buys into this kind of rediculous crap. If you're fed up with high gas prices, change your lifestyle! The world will not (and should not) change to accommodate what the american people want. In many ways, it's our own damn fault we're in the situation we are currently in.

[ May 10, 2007, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Got50Fever ]

Posts: 79 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This shit is a joke right?
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im doing it [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like others have stated.. our not buying gas for a day will not affect anyone other than gas station owners.

This parallels the logic of wanting to be given legal rights(illegal workers) by taking a day off. WTF?

--------------------
=(

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey i guess then on the 15th there will be no long lines at costco... im going to fill it up

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've even gotten this message on my phone a few times from 2 completely different groups of people. I probably will do it tho. Even tho there are hella skeptics. Why not just skip filling up on one day and see what happens.

The only way to effect change is collectively. I mean what could it hurt. I honestly don't expect for gas prices to plummit or even fall. But if the public as a group can't even unite together on sumthin as small as this then companies don't have to worry about ever losing money. Change was inflicted in the 60's and 70's when people got together and worked as a whole. & it seems like everyone has gotten complacent with the gas situation. I'm tired of makin life choices @ the pump. Wonderin if I can eat today cuz I gota buy gas.

All it will be is to show that the public is tired of bending over & takin it in the a$# for gas. If it doesn't work then oh well just buy gas the next day.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users should not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and let's try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I can't see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th".....

Would this even do anything? just wondering...

that's fucking retarded, who the hell thinks these kinds of things do anything?

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this whole "dont pump gas" is dumb. Sure gas prices could go down $0.10 or $0.20 over night because people dont pump. But its just as likley that gas prices could go up the same amount also. The gas companies are not stupid, they know people need gas. If you dont get it on the 15th, every one will get it on the 16th.

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
god, i dont normaly chime in on this shit but i couldnt resist. Do you REALLY think that not buying gas on one day will do anything? Well the answer is NO, just means you will have to buy gas the next day and the gas company still gets paid. Do people really think that this shit works?

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Scoobysnack
¯
Member # 6721

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoobysnack  Ford pictures for Scoobysnack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haven't some gas stations protested by dropping there price. There's a Shell station in SF that is protesting and another one somewhere that was told to raise the price or be fined.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
Like others have stated.. our not buying gas for a day will not affect anyone other than gas station owners.

This parallels the logic of wanting to be given legal rights(illegal workers) by taking a day off. WTF?

**not a knock on jmir but his is the shortest 2 quote**

I don't see why nobody is lookin @ the fact that prices are related to supply & demand.

If demand goes down then supply goes up. Therfore prices will fall. Its true that the companies have already gotten paid. But wouldn't it be logical to assume that since the station has sold less gas then they will also need to purchase less on the next order since they have a surplus? Which would cause the oil companies to receive less money. As demand falls prices fall. And yes most people will fill up either the day before or after but the larger the group of people that participate the more money lost.

So I wouldn't quite call it an idea that has no merit or potential to affect oil companies if done on a large enuf scale.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:

No hard feelings man... [Big Grin]
You drive a 96 cobra so we are all good [patriot] [Razz]

--------------------
=(

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no they will still sell the gas you didnt buy on the 15th.the 15th is the middle of the month which means you will still buy it before they refill their tanks.if the people really wanna make an impact then dont buy gas for a month.if that ever happens i will definitely put more gas in my car because there will be wayyy less cars on the road.and what about all the commuters who mostly get comped for their gas from their employers.bet they could give a shit.and if youve ever done any type of commuting to and from the bay youll know that is a lot of cars.i dont see this doing anything effective to gas prices.

and oh yeah myspace is gay.(thats where this generated from)

Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:

**sidebar**
Jmir can u pm me and lemme kno what mods u had when u ran 12.91. Ima hit the track soon & i wanna try to beat ur et but wit the same amount of mods or not too many more. U goin 2 the gallop?

--------------------

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Wonderin if I can eat today cuz I gota buy gas.

Wow, if you're skipping meals just to pay for gas, maybe you should think about picking up something else. Not trying to knock on you or anything, but that's pretty bad! With all that being said, I don't believe a word of this "don't buy gas on may 15th" deal, but I'll skip filling up on that day. Don't think it'll matter since I'll be filling up either the day before or the day after.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I've even gotten this message on my phone a few times from 2 completely different groups of people. I probably will do it tho. Even tho there are hella skeptics. Why not just skip filling up on one day and see what happens.

The only way to effect change is collectively. I mean what could it hurt. I honestly don't expect for gas prices to plummit or even fall. But if the public as a group can't even unite together on sumthin as small as this then companies don't have to worry about ever losing money. Change was inflicted in the 60's and 70's when people got together and worked as a whole. & it seems like everyone has gotten complacent with the gas situation. I'm tired of makin life choices @ the pump. Wonderin if I can eat today cuz I gota buy gas.

All it will be is to show that the public is tired of bending over & takin it in the a$# for gas. If it doesn't work then oh well just buy gas the next day.

Finally someone with sense on this board. Very well put 50 Deep, we can only make a difference collectively. Also, who the fuck cares if it might not work? How about just not buy gas for a day, it's hardly a sacrifice.

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Supply and Demand is what drives Gas prices, right now theres not much of a supply because of lack of refineries and oil prices and our Demand is great. This would have an effect on the gas prices if we did it for a week of not filling up but a day i don't know. I will do it though. I'll make sure i fill up on the 11th and then drive my Jeep a couple of times so the gas in the Mustang doesn't go down as quickly.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Wonderin if I can eat today cuz I gota buy gas.

Wow, if you're skipping meals just to pay for gas, maybe you should think about picking up something else. Not trying to knock on you or anything, but that's pretty bad! With all that being said, I don't believe a word of this "don't buy gas on may 15th" deal, but I'll skip filling up on that day. Don't think it'll matter since I'll be filling up either the day before or the day after.
I see u haven't seen the stand up comedy by kat williams aka "money mike". But trust me bro I'm eatn over here. Maybe a lil too much tho cuz I'm puttn on weight. [Big Grin]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

**sidebar**
Jmir can u pm me and lemme kno what mods u had when u ran 12.91. Ima hit the track soon & i wanna try to beat ur et but wit the same amount of mods or not too many more. U goin 2 the gallop?

List of mods.
these are the mods and their respective times.
Stock. 13.8
C&l CAI. 13.7
430s 13.3
xpipe and turn downs 13.0
Moroso drag springs 12.9xs..

Good luck man, i feel the car has a little left in it.
The mph is kinda low.. 104ish, Other cobras seem to have a little higher mph for those mods.
good luck bro!
I love seeing sn95 cobras representing and showing people that they don't all run 14s.

Mods to come. IMRC delete plates (have them ready to go, with a respective tune)
Maybe pulleys..
And i might do some weigh reduction mods.. right now i haven't removed anything but the spare tire. [Wink]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I look forward to filling all 5 of my gas tanks on the 15th [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I look forward to filling all 5 of my gas tanks on the 15th [Whoo Whooooo!]

YOU ASSHOLE!!

.jk. where the hell have you been man? i called you last wednesday.. when will you hit the track. we gotto line up!!

--------------------
=(

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this wont help anything

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
this wont help anything

Thats pure [BS flag]

It will make it easier for me to go get that day as I wont have to worry about any lines [Razz]

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com