Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need your opinions: Civic or Miata

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need your opinions: Civic or Miata
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MIATA LINK
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/324708366.html
CIVIC LINK
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/325306951.html

The Miata is my current commuter, runs perfect, just a bit too small, but it's like driving a go-kart (which is fun), would you trade for the Civic? I drove the Civic, 90HP, nice audio system, paint not as nice as the Miata.

Pick a car and tell me why, I can't decide I told the guy I would have to sleep on it.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
MIATA LINK
CIVIC LINK

The Miata is my current commuter, runs perfect, just a bit too small, but it's like driving a go-kart (which is fun), would you trade for the Civic? I drove the Civic, 90HP, nice audio system, paint not as nice as the Miata.

Pick a car and tell me why, I can't decide I told the guy I would have to sleep on it.

keep the miata,, its a convertible!

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
MIATA LINK
CIVIC LINK

HAHAHAHA what a small world. I've driven that car before. Did you buy it or trade a previous car for it? Lexus LS400?

btw i'd go for the civic.

[ May 07, 2007, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ May 07, 2007, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: 91Trunkster ]

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Yep I traded my LS400 for it, needed something that didn't run on premium for commuting, it's a fun car, just a bit small.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yep I traded my LS400 for it, needed something that didn't run on premium for commuting, it's a fun car, just a bit small.

lol the miata used to belong to my supervisor at work. I remember he got it all stock with the paint all faded. he added the rotas, lip, springs, fake roll bar, and the earl paint job lol. He later slammed the LS400 on some 19" SC430 wheels and got some seat covers for the interior. A while ago he traded the LS for a 00 CBR I think.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ones for a girl and ones for a gay man. i guess id have a hard time choosing too

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
ones for a girl and ones for a gay man. i guess id have a hard time choosing too

I've heard all the jokes already, doesn't phase me, my Mustangs plenty fast.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:

lol the miata used to belong to my supervisor at work. I remember he got it all stock with the paint all faded. he added the rotas, lip, springs, fake roll bar, and the earl paint job lol. He later slammed the LS400 on some 19" SC430 wheels and got some seat covers for the interior. A while ago he traded the LS for a 00 CBR I think.
His name is Jason right, did the Lexus do good for him, I never had any issues with that thing, it was a runner, tell him I said the car has been good to me.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

quote:
quote:
quote:

His name is Jason right, did the Lexus do good for him, I never had any issues with that thing, it was a runner, tell him I said the car has been good to me.
yeah that's him. from what i know the lexus didn't have any probs while he owned it. i drove it too, even with the V8 it wouldn't spin em at will lol. it was a pretty tight old school big body though.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah that's him. from what i know the lexus didn't have any probs while he owned it. i drove it too, even with the V8 it wouldn't spin em at will lol. it was a pretty tight old school big body though.
You had to take the traction control off, maybe it was the rims he put on it, but with stocks on there it would smoke them up.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

Got50Fever
¯
Member # 4187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Got50Fever  Ford pictures for Got50Fever    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say keep the Miata because, if you get the desire to do so, it would be harder to do this to a Civic [burnout]

-

Posts: 79 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Originally posted by Got50Fever:
I say keep the Miata because, if you get the desire to do so, it would be harder to do this to a Civic [burnout]

-

I've toyed around with the thought, but I've got enough money dumped in my coupe, they say it throws off the 50/50 ratio, but it's a 5 Liter Miata, who cares, it would be nice.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Gonna make the trade and trade the Civic for an Integra, it's what I wanted all along anyways.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:

ahhahahhaha,thas funny shit right there
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com